Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,630
    I just called LEGO since I never got an email or phone call even though they said they would about my three cancelled parts orders. They said that they cannot allow a customer to order several orders from Bricks & Pieces, Pick A Brick or replacement parts from them. That is some dumb ass policy! I'm going to Bricklink for parts since you don't my money! I will not order from LEGO unless I need the exclusive sets or ploybags!

Sorry, I'm really annoyed; they really make their customers happy!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Join the rest of us whom have been burnt by TLG's ridiculous retail policies. I've been in protest mode for a year and a half now because of it. Refusing to by directly from them unless there's a special promo polybag for SW or SH. 
    ^Worst part is that I never knew this policy existed otherwise I would have taken notice. Other than requesting broken pieces and damaged pieces I haven't ordered from the besides my last order from Bricks & Pieces for my Hulkbuster MOC. I don't know why they refuse to sell them to customers. I wonder if that includes online purchases of normal sets? Luckily I have a LEGO Store about 20 minutes way from me :)
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    @Adzbadboy I know you're hoping to build mocs for display later in the year with these pieces from your posts. How many different pieces/elements did you attempt to order from BnP?

There is a limit of 100 (presumably per order). It says so on the website. To be clear, that's not 100 of say a 2x2 flat tile, you can choose between 1 & 200 of one specific piece. The limit is on the number of different pieces you can order. I gather it's likely this limit is set so that LEGO can reasonably keep up with production of current individual parts in "off time" when they are not producing specific parts for specific sets.

I think there are quite a few people on here that order from BnP semi regularly at least and I am not aware of them refusing BnP orders except where licenced parts are concerned. Did you tell LEGO what the pieces were for when you spoke to them? I have heard of some oddities of licensed parts (other than stickers) that weren't minifigure parts before but can't think of a specific example at the minute.

I understand your disappointment and am wondering if another attempt at resolving the issue might work? I for one would like to see the mocs you have been thinking about and planning since Brick 2014. :)
    edited May 2015
    @Lego_Star I had two separate orders which had over 50 different parts each. Even the Pick A Brick order was cancelled. I just ordered basic parts and told them it was for my own creations. I never had any licensed parts or printed pieces in the orders.

I just ordered the same parts from Cal's Bricks, Cora's Creations and Brumblies Bricks on Bricklink which saved me £50. They are already to be dispatched! I'm going to place an order on Bricks and Pieces on my mom's name for the small amount of pieces that never showed up in the other stores since those pieces were too hard to find a seller with most of them. Thanks, I cannot wait until they are done I'd say I have over 200 ideas but only about 10% to 20% of those will be at Brick if everything goes according to plan; I will defiantly have the some of my best MOC's from 2014 and brand new ones :)
    ^ Even if you'd had some licenced oddities in your order, I'd have expected those specific parts to be excluded from it and not the whole order cancelled. Hope that doesn't become the norm. Wonder if it's because the total specific parts exceeded 100 across the two orders? I don't know that I've heard of PAB being cancelled unless it's OOS, and licenced stuff isn't in PAB so it can't be that.

Glad you've managed to get the majority of parts on bricklink and it's saved some £'s. Did the representative say you couldn't place any more orders on BnP?

Seems that there are at least two stories to every moc, the acquisition of the parts aswell as the design/build of the moc itself. Good on you for keeping calm and building on. :)
    Exactly, something is very dodgey about them. They just said that I've have made too many orders from them and I'd have to order elsewhere.

Yup, I'm glad too, they should arive next week due to the bank holiday. They said I will be able to but not yet.

It was a nightmare going though LEGO's website to order the parts I always had to asks them to personally add them and the next day I'd call and pay for them. Bricklink doesn't look very nice but it works much better that LEGO's website. Yup, I've got one heck of a story to share. I avoid any obstacles, don't cause problems and don't take notice at all cost, it's got me though secondary school without any fights :)
  • EluneElune QuébecMember Posts: 99
    I love LEGO and I love photography and those pictures are perfect! I especially love the one with the two AT-AT on the cat tree. XD

http://www.boredpanda.com/lego-figures-photography-samsofy-pardugato/
    BrickDancerLegoboyJenniricecakeGothamConstructionCoRirinette
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,157
    Spent the last couple days disassembling my modulars in preparation for moving later in the year. Town Hall is quite impressive compared to the others just in 'bagged up in ziplocks next to one another' view. It is hard to take things apart when all you want to do is build instead.
    ^Tell me about it @BumblepantsI'm doing the same as you. Been on a disassembling spree for a week and my fingers are sore. UCS Tantive, Y-wing, X-wing, TIE Interceptor, TIE Advanced, Technic Crawler all down. Tumbler today, then Death Star II, Shuttle Expedition, ISD, Quinjet, Speed Champions and Racers. All that before tackling the Modular block. 

Worst part is having to wash each set and drying them out. So much better to rotate sets out more frequently and avoid this drawback.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Just about to start building #41101 Heartlake Grand Hotel for a Brick set review - It's a whopper! Can't wait to get stuck in :-)
    legonut80Shib
    I've capped a week on Bricklink and have already spent over £100 between six orders.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,821
    Just passed the magical 100,00 bricks. Feel like a proud father.
    EluneGothamConstructionCo
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Wow. Over three hours to build #41101. Took longer than I anticipated!
    ^Looking forward to reading your review.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    edited May 2015
    This is how I spent my day. Not Lego related other than my friend and I talked about the Lego Dimensions game :)
    Jenni1greenwingLegoboyGoldchainssnowhitie
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited May 2015
    depressed cause of the day! Just remembering the brothers and sisters I lost in Iraq and Afghanistan. Been a real rough day for me.
    RedbullgivesuwindplasmodiumGoldchains
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I was woken this morning by my daughter "Mom! Where are the two by fours?". Of course she wasn't specific so I gave her directions to the bricks. She did find the plates, exactly where they always are, and has now added seven thrones for seven queens to my green grocer. To add insult to injury, she's also referring to it as the Kwik-E-Mart.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,821
    @Pitfall69 does the guy at the back know his car has shrunk? Or are you not going to tell him? 
    Pitfall69Goldchains
  • BrickGirl19BrickGirl19 LegolandMember Posts: 11
    is looking at completing lego series 4 mixels before series 5 is released 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    More presents from friends far far away.  435 miles and a whopping 0.1 miles away.

THANK YOU.  :)

khmellymelPitfall69Lego_StarAdzbadboyjadedancsnowhitie
    @Legoboy Nice one! Can I have a slice of cake? ;)
    Must be nice getting a Yularen.
    Just did a tally of my personal collection (not including duplicates and loose parts/figs) and the RRP total is shocking :o I really need to reevaluate this hobby and spending habit
    Pitfall69GuroooAdzbadboy
    ^I hear ya. I don't have a very large collection, but I am still amazed how much I have and what the value of it is. The fact that I am looking at only 8 sets right now that are worth $10,000 is just crazy.
    ^Seriously right? Looking around I have that much on display in my living room alone. It's a bit troubling actually now that I did a tally. Rays of reality are cracking through the fog.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2015
    @samiam391 Hmm, yep... Eomer does appear to be in a pickle alright. It's the old 'Inescapable Blue Tub Of Doom'.

However, hope is not lost... He just needs to fashion some form of uruk-legs-ladder to scale those sheer walls. Freedom awaits Eomer! 

(and perhaps, on second thoughts, making it a ramp... for the horse).

Hi-Ho-AWAYYYY!
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    @samiam391 Now I know why Uruk-Hai are not cheap on Bricklink! I think the only thing more mesmerizing would be a pile of Zombies that size. Impressive army you have there!
  • BrickGirl19BrickGirl19 LegolandMember Posts: 11
    Is going to build a Lego pirates ship and buy stuff on bricklink
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    legomatt said:
    @samiam391 Hmm, yep... Eomer does appear to be in a pickle alright. It's the old 'Inescapable Blue Tub Of Doom'.

However, hope is not lost... He just needs to fashion some form of uruk-legs-ladder to scale those sheer walls. Freedom awaits Eomer! 

(and perhaps, on second thoughts, making it a ramp... for the horse).

Hi-Ho-AWAYYYY!
    Nah, it's the Peter Jackson version so an eagle will swoop in to save him ;-)
    ^ Of course! How silly of me to forget the eagles. Although... I don't see Gandalf anywhere, so he might have to make do with Chima's Eglor coming to the rescue instead. :)
    Shib
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,299
    edited May 2015
    Or, @Shib 's version- Where Eomer uses the eagles to escape the pile of Uruk Hai... which then leads to much greater (and more sensible) heroism. 

legomattSirBenShibVortexAdzbadboyGothamConstructionCosnowhitie
    Now I know why you were extremely busy this past weekend.
    edited May 2015
    ...Meanwhile, back at the body-pile, there begins a rumour, which becomes legend, and falls into myth, of a mysterious corpse-eating horse.

And much later, on a quest to find the grail, King Arthur is led to the site... "It's just a horse..." he says dismissively, waving aside his enchanter-guide.

"Just a Horse!? It can leap...err... it has big pointy... aah... LOOK at the BONES!!!"
    ShibElune
    New Sorting Method

New Sorting Method

A small break from my Minifigure photography :)

My previous method included using small ziplock bags and small drawers. This new method is much easier as its less stuff that I have to take out each time when I'm building and now they are sorted by category. I'm still using the other methods but slowly I will phase them out as I manage to get more of these. I need to purchase more parts for my MOCs, as most builders know; no matter how many parts you own you still won't have the right piece in the right colour or quantity :)

I use the 'Really Useful Box 4 Litre' and 'Really Useful Organiser Tray 4 Litre.'
    plasmodiummatticus_bricks
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    looking through ebay for a metroliner in the us and wonder what a good price to pay.
    ^Original or Reissue? 
  • stustaffstustaff ukMember Posts: 50
    edited June 2015
    awaiting delivery of ebay wins!  Come on....
  • stustaffstustaff ukMember Posts: 50
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Original or Reissue? 
    what ever i can get my hands on
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,303
    Questioning why I got back into Lego & didn't just pass the torch on to my son... Contemplating how awesome he would think his 6th birthday is, if I end it with handing him all my sets?
    xiahna
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,234
    ^ I think that loads of AFOLs got back into Lego as their children grew into it, and that makes up part of the reason for a renewed love for the hobby.  Its such a nice thing to share with a child.  Maybe that's a bit sappy but I'm totally excited for my niece to be old enough to want to play with Lego with her cool auntie - really play/build, instead of me just making up Duplo animals and reading the animal sounds to her ;).  Hopefully she even likes Lego in the first place!  But I'm sure your boy would love being able to share Lego play time with his dad, even if you don't end up giving him allllll your sets :)
    ryjaynamzep
    as of now im getting the metroliner. anyone know where i can printable stickers
    "I just want to sort Lego tonight" - my wife who has never participated in anything Lego with me before. I think that might be even better than the damaged box-bonus VIP points Tower Bridge I secured yesterday.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    samiam391 said:
    @legomatt 's version- Where Eomer climbs out of the pile of Uruk Hai using their legs, and then continues on with life as usual.

I don't think I would have ever thought to do this with minifigure legs! :smile: 
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Called the wife to get permission to spend $50.00 at Walmart on Ninjago set 70728, which was originally $119.97. I actually wanted this set and can't wait to put it together. It's got 8 minifigures!
    Elune
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,385
    you're sure it wasn't your mom? lol
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,303
    @khmellymel I was in a bit of mood last night... My Lego Ideas project hasn't even hit 200 supporters, been watching the days tick away, I found myself questioning if my design was any good & it kind of spiraled out from there. Had one of those, 'are my designs actually any good? are they crap, but no-one has the heart to be honest with me?' moments & was considering giving up the bricks, leaving Lego activities to the kids in the house. My boys didn't end up scoring my personal stash last night, but a bit of doubt remains at this point...
    bendybadgerxiahna