Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    ^The Simpsons House has been my favorite build in quite some time.
  • BlakstoneBlakstone Member Posts: 11
    I am really excited as my first LUG meeting is in two weeks. I have been organizing it as the OKC LUG has not met in person for a couple years. I have a challenge / workshop on feeling CMF bags as well as cake with chocolate minifigs and bricks planned.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 723
    @samiam391 I have a several spreadsheet and several Brickstore/Brickstock files. I will try to keep track and pass on to people who have the instructions from Kevin. My first task was actually to build the original Lego model and make sure I kept a set intact so all the pieces don't get poached. I think it was one of the best of the LOTR/Hobbit line and enjoyed rebuilding it.
    Andor
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348
    @klatu003 - Thank you! I've already started looking at Bricklink for Uruk-Hai prices... may want to snag some of those now before the price goes up (which would be inevitable if i was to wait a year).
    I'm tired of the snow, so I build some Lego sets :)
    Goldchains
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    My plan was to get the last 3 of the series 13 figs today, while they are still on offer. I came home with 18!
    Half price ruins the budget... :)
    Jenni
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    The wife and I are getting ready to head to the Post Office to mail off some Lego we sold on eBay and here. After that heading to Chapel Hill, NC for Legopalooza and the planetarium. Hopefully I can procur the Spider copter set tonight, as well. Really, really want that Mary Jane figure.... Fire!

@Adzbadboy Your bot is adorkable. I supported it when you first posted. I think it has a really good chance. It is not IP and the colors are just so classic Lego. I posted it to my Facebook (not that I have a large number of friends.) I wonder if the K9 will pose any problems with the Doctor Who IP.
    Andor
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    @klatu003 Thanks, I'm pretty sure #31036 has a toy in the shop that looks like Wall E and Power Mech looks like a Transformer so...
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    In pursuit of an amazing LEGO find, full of surprises! Also, love that robot, hope it makes it to 10,000!
    edited February 2015
    My day ended with a tough negotiation that ended up having the buyer wanting $750 worth of Lego sets + another $100 in parts and pieces for a Haunted House. Needless to say, the deal fell through.

I am mentally exhausted. Time for a drink or two and a Lego set to build :)
    Legoboy
    At Middlesex University they are building a 4-6 ft tall logo of the university, I will try and get a picture before the end of the week. Maybe I could give them a hand :)
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Still on the hunt for the Hot Dog guy to close out my S13 set.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,001
    edited February 2015
    After searching high and low for retired sets without crazy prices (that's what happens when you come late to the game) and even buying two minifigures on their own (boromir and pippin) I am proud to announce that my fellowship is complete! Oh happy day!

Ps I know Pippin is holding another Sting, but my collection of weapons is not so vast yet and there seems to be one extra Sting in every set that had a Frodo so got a lot of spares... When I bought the minifigures on Bricklink I never thought about asking for the accessories, just assumed that was what they would come with - beginners mistake!
    PPS just looking at the picture again, looks like Gandalf dying for a wee B-)
    Legopassion8carlqAndor
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859

I'm actually surprised how hard it is to find him.
    Andor
    edited February 2015
    Drmnez said:

I'm actually surprised how hard it is to find him.
    It isn't surprising that he's hard...to find...Hard to find.

rancorbait
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited February 2015
    I feel really smug that the hot dog guy was the first S13 my brother found, and that was by accident, as he doesn't believe in feeling the packets...
    Andor
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,348
    I really randomly have the Cloud Cuckoo Land music stuck in my head. Since its just background music it seems to be constantly looping too....i think I need more sleep.
    Lego_StarAndor
    edited February 2015
    Just bought Cult of Lego for $7.something off ebay.... Hell yah!!!! Been wanting to read this book for a while.
    .... We don't do Kindle. Actually, I can't speak for the others, but I definitely don't do the digital book thing. Call me old fashioned (or a dumbass). Matters not!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,790
    Just when I thought I'd been abandoned in favour of something called Minecraft......

JennirancorbaitLego_StarTLGPitfall69AdeelZubairLostInTranslationAndor
    ^Yeah, but for Chima?
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 524
    brickset down....... exactly when i wanted to check the latest news......
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    It's taken three weeks on and off (whilst off work sick), but finally sorted a backlog of Lego into separate bags ready to go into the Lego room!
    LostInTranslationrdflegoGoldchains
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,050
    ^I'm at the point where it seems quicker to buy the parts I want to use from Bricklink rather than locating the ones I already own from somewhere deep within my stash...
    pricey73BuriedinBrickssidersdd
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    @iso3200, I don't have the pleasure of a bricklink account and have no intentions in getting one any time soon!
    I done something really horrible last night...

...I parted out all of my Super Heroes sets as well as the two Chirstmas sets to make space and plus I also needed parts for MOC's rather than pulling out more cash for stuff I already have. Hey it's LEGO after all, you are meant to reuse the sets in your own way :)

With all the New York Toy Fair hype I looked at my wishlist for 2015 I found that 75% is for the licenced minifigures with no interest in the actual builds and 25% is for display models that I would never tear apart, which include:

-Detective's Office
    -Kwik E Mart
    -SHIELD Helicarrier
    -Darth Vader
    -Flatiron Building
    -Double Decker Couch

...Yeah all the other sets that got unveiled yesterday I really don't care about besides the licensed minifigures. It really goes to show that LEGO is hunting for intellectual properties because that is what sells quickly these days. LEGO models and sets are getting better but some still don't stand well isolated from the minifigures. I really try and buy a set for decent display models these days; I only have the Birds so far. I'm focusing only my MOC's because nothing is better than what you want besides the LEGO Exclusives right!

Adeel
    vitreolumAndor
  • kioko21kioko21 United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    Very excited to find elves sets this morning! Bought the crystal hollow, workshop and bakery. Love the colours, the style and everything about these sets, can't wait to get more!
    Andor
    Elves arrived on Valentine's Day! Plus Mr. Klatu gave me #40120 (actually I bought it and gave it to him to give to me - that's just the way you roll after 30 plus years of marriage)

We had a lot of fun with Sylvia & Frank's back story. Frank is headed for a world of hurt now that Sylvia has *the precious*.

Don't know if LOTR elves are going to get along with the new mellon elves.image
    carlqplasmodiumlegomattAndor
  • KevBrickstructKevBrickstruct Member Posts: 42
    Sorry, I think those sand green parts are all coming from that Yoda set I had bought on clearance years ago.
    klatu003
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    Decided to build something while everyone else in the house naps. Had a lovely time rebuilding Unexpected Gathering. Of course, with a newborn in the house taking up all the room I'm not sure where I will display this...
    Andor
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,291
    ^ And the worst part is, she doesn't even like My Little Pony!
    scrumperLegoboypiratemania7BumblepantsJenniPitfall69SirBenaimlesspursuitsGoldchains
    edited February 2015
    I grabbed two Exo-Suits today (first time I own three of one set), I did ask the store employee to separate the purchase and he generously gave me two City ploybags :)

They will be used for parts and minifigures!
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    First day of half term and my kids decided they both wanted to buy a LEGO base to build. I think they made some pretty good choices from the attic shop.

GothamConstructionCoLego_Starbinaryeyecarlq
    edited February 2015
    I just realised that the three MOC's I uploaded in 2015 are the top three 'most Favourited photos' in my Flickr Photostream, what a start to the year!

#1: LEGO Avengers - Mini S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier - 40 Faves
    LEGO Avengers - Mini S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

#2: LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040) - 32 Faves
    LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040)

#3: LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy - Mini Milano Spaceship - 31 Faves
    LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy - Mini Milano Spaceship

The rest of the list can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/popular-faves/
    rancorbaitlegomattAndorlessjunkfood
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,790
    edited February 2015
    Never be taken to hospital in your favourite LE Teefury t-shirt.

LostInTranslationcarlqBrikingLego_StarlegomattAdeelZubairAndor
    Legoboy said:

Never be taken to hospital in your favourite LE Teefury t-shirt.

What were you doing before being taken to the hospital? Did they find you on the bathroom floor? ;)

• legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited February 2015
    Rumours of my demise... would've been appreciated. lol ;oD

I've just fallen so far behind with everything!

So many threads to catch up on (all with hundreds of unread posts), so many bargains missed (I'm looking at you Argos with your half price X-Men), so many 'surprise thingies' that i meant to send out months ago and didn't, or this month at the latest... and didn't again (sorry @carlq). So many series 13 figs to find (i have three!). So many past purchases yet to build, nay, to even open and feast eyes upon the crackling-bagged vista scrunched inside. So many...

...beautiful ladies... ...beauuOOOtifull Ladies...

*nonchalantly tosses a figurative rose to whoever might be standing too close*

err... Where was I?

I dunno'.

But wherever it was, I was there nonetheless, and that being the case means not here, which is more imperative to the point. Though whether my being here or there is ever to a degree truly sufficient to warrant said statement of affairs *shakes broken compass* ...cogitively speaking, is perhaps best left for others to determine.

Savvy?
    ;oP
    BumblepantsPitfall69carlqAdeelZubairLego_StarGurooorancorbaitGothamConstructionCoAndor
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited February 2015
    legomatt said:

Rumours of my demise... would've been appreciated. lol ;oD

I've just fallen so far behind with everything!

So many threads to catch up on (all with hundreds of unread posts), so many bargains missed (I'm looking at you Argos with your half price X-Men), so many 'surprise thingies' that i meant to send out months ago and didn't, or this month at the latest... and didn't again (sorry @carlq). So many series 13 figs to find (i have three!). So many past purchases yet to build, nay, to even open and feast eyes upon the crackling-bagged vista scrunched inside. So many...

...beautiful ladies... ...beauuOOOtifull Ladies...

*nonchalantly tosses a figurative rose to whoever might be standing too close*

err... Where was I?

I dunno'.

But wherever it was, I was there nonetheless, and that being the case means not here, which is more imperative to the point. Though whether my being here or there is ever to a degree truly sufficient to warrant said statement of affairs *shakes broken compass* ...cogitively speaking, is perhaps best left for others to determine.

Savvy?
    ;oP

I'm beginning to wonder what exactly you were doing in your absence... LOL

;)
    plasmodiumcarlqlegomatt
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    edited February 2015
    legomatt said:

Savvy?

Quite frankly...no. :-P
    rancorbaitcarlqlegomattAndor
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    I'm Lost.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,553
    "Are these some kind of puzzle?" - Walmart checker to me as I picked up some 50-75% off clearance sets :wink:
    carlqPitfall69LostInTranslationShibTLGGuroooBuriedinBricksAndor
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    edited February 2015
    legomatt said:

so many 'surprise thingies' that i meant to send out months ago and didn't, or this month at the latest... and didn't again (sorry @carlq).

You were going to send me a 'surprise thingy', @legomatt? I didn't know about that...;-)

"Are these some kind of puzzle?" - Walmart checker to me as I picked up some 50-75% off clearance sets :wink:

...and there you have it.
    TLGAndor
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    carlq said:

legomatt said:

so many 'surprise thingies' that i meant to send out months ago and didn't, or this month at the latest... and didn't again (sorry @carlq).

You were going to send me a 'surprise thingy', @legomatt? I didn't know about that...;-)

SURPRISE! lol ;oP
    carlq