Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Found this on sale at Target...

rancorbaitPitfall69carlqAndor
  • 1greenwing1greenwing Member Posts: 26
    First post! Just finished the Parisian Cafe - sad it is over like finishing a good book.
    Pitfall69carlq
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,522
    Just found Ming the Merciless in my cmf 13. Brilliant.
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 222
    Received from a Japanese friend a Full collectio of the LEGO MUJI sets. Moreover, a friend from Hong Kong sent me two copies of the "Year of the Sheep" sets.
    Jennicarlq
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    lluisgib said:

Moreover, a friend from Hong Kong sent me two copies of the "Year of the Sheep" sets.

Should I pm you my address so you know where to send your spare? ;)
    Lego_Starcarlq
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 222
    Legoboy said:

lluisgib said:

Moreover, a friend from Hong Kong sent me two copies of the "Year of the Sheep" sets.

Should I pm you my address so you know where to send your spare? ;)
    Hahahahaha! You are free to PM me, but I think there won't be anything to do :disagree:
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    edited January 2015
    I'm rendering my 'bird box' design in Soildworks for uni and it takes 2 minutes for a 2776-1200 image to finish. I wish the POV-Ray renders could do it in that time span as well.
    Admiring my ICE army...

rancorbaitcarlq
    The other guys, too!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    lluisgib said:

Received from a Japanese friend a Full collectio of the LEGO MUJI sets. Moreover, a friend from Hong Kong sent me two copies of the "Year of the Sheep" sets.

LUCKY!
    lluisgib
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    After several months I have nearly finished my death star ( I get limited building time) only to be told my house I rent is being sold!

Don't know if I should breakdown and rebuild or try and move everything built.
    edited January 2015
    BRICKUNIVERSE!!!!

Catch yah there! Go Tarheels!
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 89
    Eyeing up the Parisian Restaurant at AFOL day next week. If none in stock, I'll settle for Detective's Office, but I imagine stock levels of PR will be higher anyway... after that I've no more shelf space for modulars (or much else) until I move to a bigger flat.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Adzbadboy said:

I'm rendering my 'bird box' design in Soildworks for uni and it takes 2 minutes for a 2776-1200 image to finish. I wish the POV-Ray renders could do it in that time span as well.

I used to be a pro at Unigraphics. I used it a lot while I was in the Design/Engineering field. I haven't touched it in almost 14 years though.

• MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Just finished. Amazing. Much bigger than I thought it'd be.
  • prleeprlee UKMember Posts: 163
    #9516 arrived from EBay just now to go with the two #75005 I bought last week (1 without minifigs). I got a text to say #9496 is ready to collect from my local Argos. Finally I picked up #7879 yesterday. I'd better lay off the Star Wars Lego for a while.
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 89
    ^Argos still have #9496? Can't find it on the website!
  • prleeprlee UKMember Posts: 163

^Argos still have #9496? Can't find it on the website!

I'm collecting an EBay delivery from there. Sorry for the confusion.

I learned that Lego is apparently a fascist regime, don't ever use the word "stupid" in the "Reseller Thread " and never accept a donut from a guy named Mr. Shiny ;)
    plasmodiumShib
  • boshbosh Member Posts: 7
    I'm waiting for my last Bricklink order (It took 6 + 2 brickowl) to ship with the last 300 pieces I need to refurbish a #10019 that my buddy gave me two years ago.
    Here's a pic of the first 7 orders.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Its a fantastic set too. One of my favourites. Substantial building, some nice little extra structures, a dragon and some funky elastic band action. Whats not to love!
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Yep, me and my son are having a Lego day.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    Lucky sods!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,284
    There is snow in Durham, but not sufficient snow to cause any disruption. Alas I will have to go to my one lecture today!
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Finished up emmetts mech and Benny's spaceship, both very cool
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939

There is snow in Durham, but not sufficient snow to cause any disruption. Alas I will have to go to my one lecture today!

I think there is snow literally everywhere except for Exeter...
    I think the new Lego cobra is awesome!

(I am Nag.)
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,522
    Excited about visiting a Lego shop tomorrow, can't sleep, this is worse than Christmas Eve. :)
    CapnRex101rancorbaitGoldchainscarlqAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCo
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    I'm having a hard time ordering parts for my Brick 2015 display...
  • cheekymunk3ycheekymunk3y Manchester, UKMember Posts: 108
    Won a used #10221 SSD on eBay for £370 so in a great lego mood today! Was expecting to have to pay a lot more!
    January done without buying a single Lego set. February should be a breeze
    CapnRex101Andor
    @cheshirecat - When are you planning to break your vow of LEGOlessness?
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    Just got my Death Star in the mail- I completed bags #1 in box #1 last night...should make it quite a bit farther today!
    carlq
    @CapnRex101 2016! Think I should have got sponsored for FB
    ShibCapnRex101
  • adukaduk Member Posts: 155
    Bought a used Tumbler #76023 on ebay -and it arrived today. Realised that i only want to buy big display sets now rather than everything Lego ... might save some money :smiley:
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Bought #76025, #76028, and #76040 at Target. All sets are completely awesome. I have a feeling that #76025 is going to become another Wolverine Chopper Showdown. The Javelin is much larger and far cooler than I thought it would be, and the minifigs/bigfig are superb. And the Brainiac set is very War of the Worlds/Alien Invasionesque.

Also, as a side note, my collection is now over 25000 pieces! Woohoo!
    LostInTranslation
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,302
    Lovely day put at the Watford Lego shop, great to see a few bricksetters. Filled my first PaB cup! Seems crazy that its the first one for me, but rarely have a good excuse to go.
    LostInTranslationcarlqAdeelZubairAndor
    @cheshirecat - My gosh, what a 'courageous' (read: silly) thing to do :)
    LostInTranslationcarlqShibPitfall69
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734

January done without buying a single Lego set. February should be a breeze

Hoq many parts/minifugs etc have you bought though?
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 755
    Just ordered birthday presents for my CFOL. PC and PR. His modular town grows. We need a 3rd 6ft catering table to show our modular towns together
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 721
    Helm's Deep, Kevin version, underway. Raided all my extra sets, organized and bagged parts. Ordered all the missing pieces. Warned Mr. Klatu that the mailman would be bringing me lots of packages. Looking forward to starting. @KevBrickstruct‌ How are the instructions for Book 2 coming along? I have a request, no more rare sand green pieces. (I'm subbing grey for those $6 corners!) Bricklinking sand green is killing my budget.
    samiam391
    Exciting times.
    Picked up the X Men Blackbird set from Target tonight. Finally pulled the pretty genie from series 12. The shiny lips on the genie and war goddess are really hawt!
    Finished the Detective's Office today and came across this picture of my first born (9 months) after a cut and style. Throw Back Thursday :)
    LegoboyGuroooGothamConstructionCocarlqaimlesspursuits
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    edited February 2015

Finally pulled the pretty genie from series 12. The shiny lips on the genie and war goddess are really hawt!

Might want to scale that Legopassion down a few notches there buddy...
    Pitfall69LegoboyGurooocarlqaimlesspursuitsTLGAndor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    klatu003 said:

Helm's Deep, Kevin version, underway. Raided all my extra sets, organized and bagged parts. Ordered all the missing pieces. Warned Mr. Klatu that the mailman would be bringing me lots of packages. Looking forward to starting. @KevBrickstruct‌ How are the instructions for Book 2 coming along? I have a request, no more rare sand green pieces. (I'm subbing grey for those $6 corners!) Bricklinking sand green is killing my budget.

@klatu003 - Looking forward to being updated on this... A project that I will undertake sometime this year or next.

If it isn't to much to ask, keep track of all your substitutions/adjustments to part list. Your adjustments to the Hall of Edoras were very helpful.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited February 2015
    Matthew said:

How many parts/minifugs etc have you bought though?

Excellent. I see we finally have a term for the newer style of over-decorated minifig faces. ;oD
    rancorbaitBumblepantsPitfall69carlq
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,418
    Finishing up Simpsons House today. Really loved that build. It is very colorful and frankly, we guys don't get to build too many really colorful sets. I love how the house pops when you open it up to reveal the colorful insides.

I was a casual fan before but now that the show is up pretty much 24-7 on FXX, I'm really becoming a fan. My display table is in the living room behind the couch and the set box was standing up on it. After dinner one night, my three year points to the box and says, "I wanna watch that!" It was pretty funny.