Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Here's a first. A post on my LUG's facebook page:

"Our 9 year old Grandson is having a little trouble with putting together his Halo Flood Hunters' UNSC Falcon. We have the instructions and I think all the pieces. Is it possible to hire someone from your Group to put it together."
    Andorplasmodiumrancorbait
  • empireempire BC, CanadaMember Posts: 43
    "Trying to determine which organs I could part with to buy more Lego sets"
    LegoboyAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    Start with a kidney. Worked for me.
    Pitfall69dejavu
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    Just finished rebuilding the mini modulars... or almost, anyway, I have too few and too many pieces towards the end. Arrrrgh, how on earth did this happen?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    empire said:

Your New Year just got a bit brighter ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/money/us-money-blog/2014/jan/31/flu-government-sell-egg-sperm-body
  • empireempire BC, CanadaMember Posts: 43
    Pitfall69 said:

empire said:

Your New Year just got a bit brighter ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/money/us-money-blog/2014/jan/31/flu-government-sell-egg-sperm-body
    The flu for $3000, i'd do that in a heartbeat. Spend those 9 days building to my heart's content :P

^ You've not had flu before.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Wow the Ideas Birds set is such a fun build. Love all the different building techniques used.

They will look fantastic displayed on a shelf.
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    I did a huge Winter Village setup for the holidays, now I need to photograph it before I begin tearing it down again. Then I can begin building my Christmas gifts - the bike shop & cafe, 30126, and Town Square, 60026, before I order the Detective agency, 10246. I actually already owned one set of the bike shop & cafe, but eventually I'd like to own three sets, so I can build all three versions and hook them together for a modern Main Street - although since they're a bit simple, maybe a strip mall?
  • ourmoneydiaryourmoneydiary Member Posts: 12
    Our Lego status today is something along the lines of: "Spending WAY too much on this hobby!"
    Shib
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 755
    Kicking myself because I forgot to pick up the calendar when I was in the store yesterday
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 373
    Nearly finished the DO, but my work got in the way!

AdeelZubairAndor
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 373
    AndyPol said:

Nearly finished the DO, but my work got in the way!

Now just need to wait for the next modular!

AdeelZubairGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,302
    Taking stock after Christmas/January sales...damn I have a lot of stuff to build...
    NickF22LegoboycarlqGothamConstructionCoGuroooCapnRex101legonut80LostInTranslation
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Looking at all the new boxes in the house from the past month of Christmas and birthdays, I might have to recycle some of the children's smaller boxes. It's hard because I keep all boxes, I just don't think we can carry on though :(
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,651
    edited January 2015
    Me (10th) on The Leaderboard For Guinness World Records at Brick2014.

My camera ran out of battery half way though the event so I had to ask 'Ambo100' to take a picture. Head up to 'Ambo100' for the photograph. The email has been sitting in my inbox, just now managed to upload it.

I'm 10th!
    plasmodiumGuroooCapnRex101rancorbaitPitfall69LegoboycarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Guinness Book of World Records? That's crazy! And only 4 bricks away from the big time, too! Well done!
    AdeelZubairAndor

Guinness Book of World Records? That's crazy! And only 4 bricks away from the big time, too! Well done!

Thanks, Yeah, that was pretty annoying to find that 1-2 bricks would have made a big difference on the leaderboard :/
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I'm finding out that #70816 and pretzel dust should not be in the same vicinity.
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 435
    ^^^ nice one! I was top on Friday and held the record for all of 24 hours... :)
    plasmodium
    'Largest LEGO® Videogame Diorama' using the new LEGO® Minecraft sets was achieved with a impressive 17.13m2 Diorama.

This was my LEGO Minecraft Terrain that is part of the diorama: https://flic.kr/p/pHsWZv

One of the best achievements in my life! Thank you :D
    Andor
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 512
    iccarus said:

Here's a first. A post on my LUG's facebook page:

"Our 9 year old Grandson is having a little trouble with putting together his Halo Flood Hunters' UNSC Falcon. We have the instructions and I think all the pieces. Is it possible to hire someone from your Group to put it together."

the Hell? what was the response on that?
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    I want to build a MOC... but I need to make my part orders first
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Winter village disassembled.
    TarDomo said:

"Do you want to build a snowmaaaaan?" :)

carlqlegomatt
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    ^ No, I don´t. I ´ve bought the seasonal Snowman set and that´s enough. Oh yeah I got your comment was just a joke :smile:
    Pitfall69
    edited January 2015

I informed her, nicely, that it was not a service we typically provide...but I would send it around to LUG members to see if there was interest. I've had no replies (at least ones I would share with her).

I also gently urged her to consider LEGO products in the future, since the sets are of better quality and the instructions are easier to follow. (I don't actually know if the second part of that is true. I've never built a modern MB product, so I have no idea what the instructions look like.) She actually did write back to state she now realizes there's a world of difference between the two companies and will likely stick to LEGO in the future.
    JenniPitfall69carlqAndor
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Got the Marriage Proposal set from the Lego Store in Downtown Disney(Orlando). My favorite of the new stuff that just dropped.
    edited January 2015
    Pitfall69 said:

TarDomo said:

"Do you want to build a snowmaaaaan?" :)

TarDomo said:

^ No, I don´t. I ´ve bought the seasonal Snowman set and that´s enough. Oh yeah I got your comment was just a joke :smile:

I have seen "Frozen" at least 15-20 times and bits and pieces 100's of times. When my daughter is acting up I do this:

Me "Hey Aubrie."
    Aubrie "What?"
    Me "Do you want to build a snowman?"

Most of the time she just says "no" and forgets why she was mad, crying or whatever. The other day she just screamed "Noooooooooo! Stop it DaDaaaaaaaa!!!" and ran off.

BumblepantsRomanticWarriorSirBenAndor
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    I have a nice eBay certificate to spend. Trying to decide between:
    Arkham Asylum
    Detective's Office
    Parisian Restraunt
    Tower of Orthanc
    Sandcrawler
    Slave 1
    Ewok Village

Decisions, decisions...
    carlqGothamConstructionCoAndor
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 512
    iccarus said:

I informed her, nicely, that it was not a service we typically provide...but I would send it around to LUG members to see if there was interest. I've had no replies (at least ones I would share with her).

I also gently urged her to consider LEGO products in the future, since the sets are of better quality and the instructions are easier to follow. (I don't actually know if the second part of that is true. I've never built a modern MB product, so I have no idea what the instructions look like.) She actually did write back to state she now realizes there's a world of difference between the two companies and will likely stick to LEGO in the future.
    thanks god that you managed to get that woman away from the off-brands...
    seems that she was just not knowing that fact
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I love shiny new duplo :) Batman and a new train to the collection, 8 and 4 year old boys having fun together.
    I'm back from my two trips to Stratford LEGO Store today and I can say they were out on loads of January 2014 sets as well as Detective's Office, Slave I, Double Decker Couch, Frozen and all the LEGO Minecraft sets...All the sets I would have purchased. I as entered the store I saw an employee putting out the Valentine set priced at £8.49 each. I spoke to the lady and she said the people who work at LEGO will automatically double the points and the end of the day whoever made that purchase on Black Friday. I have a feeling LEGO has changed their system on discontinuing sets, only Summer 2014 sets and 2015 sets were out. They have discounted tons of sets: all the January 2014 sets, Pet Shop, Town Hall, Sopwith Camel, Haunted House, Super Star Destroyer and I don't remember the rest. I was hunting for Red Thunder for parts but I see LEGO had completely discontinued that set, I have seen tons of Power Diggers so it looks as if they completely sold out of the Red Thunders everywhere for Christmas. I need to step up my game and cone up with a new plan and strategy.
    edited January 2015
    She's going to kill me.
    Pitfall69BrickDancerEddieDoesntMindLegobrandonCPsidersddAdeelZubaircarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    edited January 2015
    @Legoboy‌ - Oh my... let me be the first to say... rest in peace. Or should I say in this case, pieces.
    rancorbaitAdeelZubaircarlqAngel_C
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Starting to come together. Still have more figures and frames to put up. Not to mention sort and organize all the unbuilt sets and loose pieces hidden in the closet.
    WatfordScottyMBumblepants
  • xplodzxxplodzx Member Posts: 4
    My status for today is waiting for what I have ordered to be shipped, which I know will turn up after i finish holidays and am back to work, and waiting for my vip points to be added so i can use the discount to justify the next purchase.
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    Today I begin tearing down my Winter Village setup.
    legomatt
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,522
    I built my Cargo Train set today and almost phoned TLG because I just could not find the battery pack. Then I thought "it will turn up, just keep building" .
    After each bag I had another look for it.
    Then after looking for the third time I finally found it in the middle of the brown cardboard box, right where it was supposed to be. :)
    I knew it would be there somewhere.
    Having much fun now, trying to crash the Train. :)
    LEGO Ideas - Birds (21301) Review
    LEGO Ideas - Birds (21301) Review
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,418
    @Mathias - I've seen those minifig frames before and they look pretty nice together like that. Do those come with glass to protect from dust? If not, can you add it?
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    @Bosstone100‌ They do not. I use a computer keyboard dust sprayer to clean them off. There's some pros and cons to those frames. Shoot me a message and I can tell you about them.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    TLG is mocking me, by sending me an email titled "available now! The newest Star Wars set - Slave I", 2 days after I ordered it when it most certainly was not available.
    Finally sat down and finished the PR tonight. Wonderful build and a truly impressive. I loved the techniques for the roof and so much more.

Realized that I will also run out of space once I get my PC built and pick up the DO. There's no room for another shelf either!
  • xplodzxxplodzx Member Posts: 4
    iccarus said:

Finally sat down and finished the PR tonight. Wonderful build and a truly impressive. I loved the techniques for the roof and so much more.

Realized that I will also run out of space once I get my PC built and pick up the DO. There's no room for another shelf either!

i'm jealous of the earlier ones you have in your set, when i get a fire house and the DO my modular shelf will be full too, on that note lego finally credited my VIP points after my other orders finally shipped so i could use the points on the DO, only to find the DO out of stock till the 22 :(

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Wrapped up Birds for my dad's late Christmas present and put away my Exo Suit as an after (summer) exams treat. 3rd or 4th hardest thing I've done in my life...
    Andor
    @xplodzx When I came out of my dark ages, I made catching up on these a priority. The Cafe Corner was actually sourced from BrickLink and is not 100% accurate, but it's good enough for me.

Also, had the sudden realization last night after posting that I actually have 2 MOC modulars built right now that I should probably slot in as well. They are still in a box after taking down a LUG display over the weekend.