Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
edited January 2013 in Everything else LEGO
If this were facebook for Lego, what would your status be today?
(not that mine's particularly interesting, but Im just wondering what everyone else is thinking about today)

Mine would be "Trying to build baubles and animals, plus MVR if I get time"
Maniac4BricksLordmoral

Comments

• StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Haha! Great topic. Mine would be "Finishing the Winter Village Bakery now my 2 year old has gone to bed and won't scatter the pieces"
    Dianne
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    STOP SHOPPING FOR LEGO NO ROOM LEFT
    SchwallexbobabricksDitchAFOLcpallemanLegoMosesManiac4BricksMatthismcflyadelegoVioletGiraffe
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    edited December 2011
    ^ ha ha - ditto!
    But mostly - "must make custom footballers and roller derby minifigs" - got to get as many as possible out before Christmas (also Claret = dark red - stupid aston villa!)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,533
    edited December 2011
    "Am I EVER going to find time to rebuild my Winter village before Christmas?"
    and
    "Desperately seeking my Season 6 fix"!
    :)

Edit: Do I actually need a Lego winter village when it's currently snowing here a bit anyway?? Yes, of course I do!
    Rhynometheus
    Seriously, "looking forward to another build with my little guy" (we had a great time with farm and tractor last night and we need to continue building the gifts still MISB from last year so that there is room for the new ones santa brings)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited December 2011
    ^^ thought it was west ham, Geoff will be most upset if you get that one wrong ;-)
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    "Need to find time to film time lapse build of Fire Station Modular :D"
    ^^ I have a villa request too! Gonna have to take a pic of the "team" when done. Not had the football pitch out for a while!
  • pantboypantboy EnglandMember Posts: 211
    @Savage_Steel Oi, they may be talentless footballers managed by a muppet, but their intelligence is beyond reproach ;-)

mine will shortly be "sorting through some boxes trying to find a CMF samurai to borrow his Claret (stupid dark red) torso"
    ^ ha ha ha! I guess I should start stocking up on them if the football request keep coming in. The torso colour is also found on spiderman's mary jane, and some some kingdoms figs. But figured the samurai is easier to find at the mo. Might have to call up lego and see if I can get some direct.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    OK. mine has now changed to
    "Going nuts for the Lego LOTR licence news"
    ^ What he said :)
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Crumpled and bought the Sith....actually...wooohoooo, nearly Xmas!
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    mine would be "day 5 of Lego shopping ban, doing really well just reserving on argos and imagining collecting"
    ^ lol, I kept doing that during my ban too. Just takes the edge of the craving ;) ... and I never did go in and collect any of them!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,491
    @Si, I think most of us will have changed our status to that. In fact I might just log on to FB and post my first update of the year!
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    'Putting all the stuff from the John Lewis sale last week into a better place where my wife won't find it'
  • LambringoLambringo Member Posts: 104
    "How do I break it to the girlfriend that LoTR is coming to LEGO, and I am going to kill the bank account"
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    ^^^ what Huw said! Facebook status now official. There is no other way!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,437
    MUST CONVINCE SELF TO STOP BUYING AND BUILD SETS FOR SALE!!!!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,386
    Can't get to Christmas party clothes because of boxes of Lego in closet.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    If this were facebook for Lego, what would your status be today?
    Broke!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    "Will work for bricks"
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    Mine is, "looking at the local directory for a Lego Anonymous group to save himself from his addiction and the crazy money spending on Legos" (j/k)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    "Invoicing, packing, shipping, buying, receiving, parting, listing... repeat."
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    "Day four in a row without a new set in the mail today. Feel empty. Sad. Hope... fading..."
  • ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 70
    "Wishing that Huwbot wasn't my Homepage"

Honestly I think there are illicit drugs that are less dangerous than the Amazon tracker.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 947
    "Sweating on pre-Christmas postage!"
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,317
    "Wishing that Huwbot wasn't my Homepage"

Honestly I think there are illicit drugs that are less dangerous than the Amazon tracker.
    We aim to please !

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Queuing at the Post Office for hours on end

Trying to sell some of these sets that are 'for resale'

Trying to resist buying some more sets 'for resale' (very likely not)
    edited December 2011
    Just finished MVR build, v nice. Not buying anything til next week.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    "Not buying anything til next week"
    Shall we bet on that Si?
    I told myself the samething a few days ago
    (* Unless the retailers panic and start their sales before Christmas)
    Very sad Lego status... never found time to build Winter village at the weekend, about 6 days behind on my advent calendar, and also haven't managed to pick up any leprechauns to do a St Patricks day vignette for the Lego calendar I'm making for my brother for Christmas... :'(
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    "More broker"
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 658
    Have just finished packaging up my last resale sets before the postage dead line. Need to resist buying anything else until saturday night. Gave my debit card to my 2 year old daughter to hide :) and have now tapped my hands behind my back!!!
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    wow i made it a week without buying Lego! something tells me it will be a while before i can say that again :)
    "minifigures!" - thanks nice man in WHSmiths who let me use multiple coupons so I could put figs in my christmas cards. (he said he was jealous so I gave him one a thanks, now he probably thinks I'm weird!)
    Gave up on Emerald shunter MoC. PF receiver's too big! Just building another EN instead.
    Now intrigued wondering what is in the xmas present I got today from the lovely @princedraven :) It feels like it might be Lego-ey but I'll restrain myself til the Big Day. Cheers dude!
  • pantboypantboy EnglandMember Posts: 211
    My status has just changed to "wondering what are these coupons for minifigures at WHS, and where can i get some?"
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Pleased to hear LostInTranslation's present has arrived. Love the giving element of Christmas!!
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Oh and hoping L.I.T. doesn't open it till the big day...
    ^ Course I won't! I have SOME willpower you know... :) Plus I won't have that many presents (sob, sob) on the big day so I'll want something to open.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Must sell stuff on eBay to fund my LEGO City!
    Missenman
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    my status is "on hold now"
    I have bought (or my mum did for me) a imperial flagship on saturday
    and that is about it...I am happy that i have not found more deals...yet!
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    Watching my (almost) 8-year-old assemble the Death Star virtually by himself. He lets me find pieces for him so he can build faster.
    Cosworth3dBrixfan02
    Ack! Has changed from "STOP SHOPPING FOR LEGO NO ROOM LEFT" to
    "STOP SHOPPING FOR LEGO NO ROOM nor MONEY LEFT"
    Brixfan02
    Filled with love for all my Brickset buddies :) Thank you muchly @Savage_Steel for my Forest minifigs, Xmas card and storage containers! And also @atkinsar and Russell844 for my Xmas wreaths! And @everyone else just because :)
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    @tdhbr..wow, great builder you have there. Not yet 8 and is already mastering a UCS.
    The best my kid did was at 7 he built the Agents Helicopter and did well with the technic and rubber band mechanism to make the blades rotate alternately.

Status: "Took pics of Micro Tie-Fighter from the Star Wars Advent...posted it on Flickr...day dreaming of what Santa will bring me Xmas...:)"