Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

avro brothers alien project

I seen one of these on display at steam at the start of October, build by @legoboy sadly I couldn't speak with him. So my question to the forum is this model able to be possed etc.. and does it need to be on the stand.

Cheers

Comments

• ScatterbugScatterbug WalesMember Posts: 109
    Yes, it can be posed to a degree. See my build photos here:

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/408537#Comment_408537

It comes with a base (the design of which draws inspiration from the interior of the Nostromo) but because the figure is top-heavy and is only secured by two technic pins in the feet it has to be balanced carefully.

palmers9grbstluxkiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,315
    It doesn't have to be on the "official" stand. I did away with it due to expense, and used a couple of pins inserted into a nice wooden board. It gives a nice display stand and stability.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 489
    the model can be posed although some poses are more stable than others.  The bottom of the feet have a pin that inserts into the stand.  Any stand.  You can build the Arvo Bros stand or design and build your own but I would say that it does need a stand to maintain stability.  @Legoboy has built his particularly unstable, he denies this but I have seen it sway! ;-) 
    bandit778iso3200palmers9grb