Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any changes to VIP points?

aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
Quick one... Anything changed with VIP points? Last few visits we have been told we need to use our points by end of December else they'll expire.

As far as I knew, they expire only a couple of years after you earn then, but they're adamant they'll expire regardless. Has this changed, or just mis-information from the store?

Comments

• Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,553
    They expire on December 31 two years after you got them. Is it possible you have some points from 2014 still in your account. If so I think it's those points that will expire.
    aldreddLEGO_Dad77madforLEGOkiki180703
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    Thanks, that's what I thought. No, I use my points up every Jan on the modular, which is why I knew it never used to be the case
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    aldredd said:
    Thanks, that's what I thought. No, I use my points up every Jan on the modular, which is why I knew it never used to be the case
    aldredd said:

Its always been the case; not a new rule. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,007
    aldredd said:
    Always been that way. Also you can see the age of your points by looking at your VIP transactions on the website if I am not mistaken.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    aldredd said:
    Quick one... Anything changed with VIP points? Last few visits we have been told we need to use our points by end of December else they'll expire.
    Who told you? Odds on it was a member of staff who doesn't quite know the rules. If it's the till telling them, then you've got probably got a small number that are a bit older than the rest.

If they're about to expire, you'll receive an email.
  • AustinPowersAustinPowers GermanyMember Posts: 278
    Perhaps my points are not old enough yet, but I haven't gotten any mail about some of them expiring.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,143
    No changes.  Likely just a new store employee or just a store employee reading it all wrong, but you still have points as long as they arent at the "expiration" stage.