Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The big city

BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 741
Once upon a time I was into railway modelling.  I never went to, but enjoyed reading about, the modular meetings where fans got together to set up a mega layout that none of them could have built individually.  It was all based on the FREMO standard.

https://www.fremo-net.eu/en/modular-systems/h0-scale/h0-europe/h0-europe-nem/

Obvisously, Lego has already created the connection standard for the Modular range, so my question is, would anyone be interested in getting together to create large modular layouts?  With only limited numbers of official buildings, this would obviously rely on MOCs to create a large city.  And if it worked, would it be welcome at the various Lego shows around tge world?

Comments

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    I believe this is how many of the larger layouts at most shows are created. For instance, there's a show once a year where I live and one of the biggest displays is a modular city layout that a group puts together combining their individual cities into one much larger one.
    madforLEGO
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 741
    The railway modelling way I undestood was all about the builder.  If anyone wanted to go off to shows, that was up to them.

Personally, I have stuff stored on shelfs.  I have road plates. I have 2x2 dark bley plates.  But I run out after 2 blocks of buildings.  Hence the question.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,169
    Pretty sure local LUGs cover much of what you are speaking of (but of course you need a local LUG)
    Ok,maybe I am the only person who is out here who isn't in a LUG.

Appologies for troibling you.
    Moderators,

please close the thread.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 469
    Not a bad idea, but yes, that's what a LUG might do.
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,367
    It's not only LUGs, though they're probably the most likely, we did this in August at our display. Some shows have categories like micropolis or habitats where you publish the standard and see what shows up. Sometimes that's not much. If that's what you're thinking about the best bet would be to contact the organizer of the show you're interested in and be prepared for it to take a while to get going.