Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Researching Student here!

Nick_SperryNick_Sperry Chicago, ILMember Posts: 2
Hello everyone, my name is Nick Sperry. I am new to the forum but not to LEGO. I am looking for three people to interview for my research project at DePaul University. The entire process is private, secure, and nothing, including the site name and your info is recorded or published. It is completely anonymous. 

I currently work at LEGO Chicago and am a massive LEGO fan like the rest of you. This is a topic I chose because I love it so much. I look forward to getting to know you.

I would be interested in interviewing a
1) New user (Joined within last 2-3 months)
2) A moderator
3) An elder/Veteran user

-Any questions or concerns feel free to ask!

Comments

• starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    I could be your new user if you want, as I just joined in August. How long is the survey?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,789
    Don't know if I count as a veteran, but I joined September 2013. I stop into the Watertower store about 2-3 times a month
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,490
    Another researching student? Do you know @skehres? He's doing the exact same thing, weird huh.... Welcome to the forum
  • ToltheTolthe ChicagoMember Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I am also a part of the same research group at Depaul University. I also need to get three interviews to meet the requirements of the  project.

I know it's really weird to just have random people wanting to talk to you about your interests but we're all just nerds wanting to learn more about the Lego community. I attached a sample paper that our professor gave us to give you all an idea of what we're going to be using the interviews for.

If anyone is still interested in an interview, we can do it over chat or Skype. Thanks for yoir help everyone, have a good day :D!
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,063
    Now if I'd just received an email with an attachment called "FakeOccult_sample.docx" I think I'd be pressing the delete key faster than I could blink ;-)
    stluxYorickjmeninnoAllBricksnowhitietallblocktooJackad7
  • YorickYorick Seattle, WAMember Posts: 7
    I have been a member for a few years, but I've been using the site sense probably 2007. 
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,490
    From what I can gather, the 'fake occult' is Brickset. Huw is the leader and the other mods / admin are the generals and we are all soldiers of varying ranks based on the length of time we've been here, our contributions to the community etc etc.... The paper talks about trying to join the 'fake occult' in order to gain information and possibly fit in.... Now, if you guys joined, introduced yourselves, had a nose around, posted in some threads and made a small effort to be a part of the 'FO' and then asked for interviews after being here for a while you would be inundated with acceptance.... As it stands (and I'm sure I don't just speak for myself), suspicion is high... Just a thought, I have a feeling you guys mean well, the 'occult' are dubious though.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 914
    edited November 2016
    ^Never ever heard of 'Fake Occult'....

Oh, you're interested in Brickset though?  Would you just like to step inside and take a personality test?

I did my research project for my undergrad on the impact of replacing amino acids in the Glu182 loop of 1,6 bisphosphate aldolase.  Just saying.
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 496
    "Fake Occult" It seems very tautological to me!
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    What was the conclusion about Glu182?

• mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 914
    edited November 2016
    ^ Long story short, replacing it with some things makes it go a bit wonky and not work as well, and others make it not work altogether, which is bad!  The aim was to see if there was actually anything you could replace it with to make the enzyme function better as the enzyme has potentially useful industrial applications as well as being a key part of the metabolism of sugars.
    MaffyDAllBricksnowhitie
  • Nick_SperryNick_Sperry Chicago, ILMember Posts: 2
    Yorick said:
    I have been a member for a few years, but I've been using the site sense probably 2007. 
    Message me if you want a quick interview!