Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Value of Classic Legos 3033 from 1998 or 2002, International version

jbb3141jbb3141 Arlington, TXMember Posts: 3
I came across what appears to be basically an unopened set of classic Legos 3033 international version in a blue tub. There are 10 bags inside unopened except for the corner of one that looks like it popped open. Inside also contains a Lego catalog and postcard. The copyright says 1998 but the catalog has 2000 along the left edge. I read somewhere that the international version came out in 2002.

Below are pictures of the set. Anyone have any idea what the value might be, if anything?

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,453
    Bricklink asking prices are about $70 but you can't tell the actual value because the price guide says N/A. Ebay says there were no recent sales of this set sealed. http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=3033-2#T=S&O={}
  • jbb3141jbb3141 Arlington, TXMember Posts: 3
    Thanks oldtodd33! I picked it up for $15 so I guess I can't complain :)
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 810
    Here's what I've seen on 3033-1 and 3033-2 in terms of sales on BrickLink (that's actual times that it's sold) since mid 2011:

So, doesn't sell very often, but is worth something, oddly enough.

At the time, it was highly prized, since it was CHEAP.  1200 pieces for $20, at a time when you'd expect more like 200-300 or so pieces.  Plus, the buckets were very useful for storage (some liked them more than the actual sets).

DaveE
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    Doesn't look like there are any unique or special elements nor are there any mini figures which has kept the price so steady.

@davee123 - I am a collector of old Lego tubs and yes, I prefer the tubs to the sets. Especially these....

These came in two sizes but changed at some point, the handle disappeared and the studs on the lid got bigger. Great for storage, look nice and, they stack nicely thanks to those studs.

catwrangler
  • jbb3141jbb3141 Arlington, TXMember Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I was just curious as some store on Amazon was selling the exact set I have for $378...
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    It's pretty common to see sellers asking three to four times the going price for a set. The price the set is actually sold at is what matters.
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 70
    I remember the dude who made a desk out of LEGO would go through those tubs like crazy.

http://gizmodo.com/285777/desk-made-entirely-out-of-lego

Can't believe that was over a decade ago!
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    That guy who built the LEGO desk and also other LEGO furnishings (such as a grandfather clock) is Eric Harshbarger of Alabama.

I'm a bit confused about this set.  The original posters set is in English, French and Spanish... which is usually the North American version (1998?).  Then there's the one listed in just English.... is that the one that is the 2002 International version??  The Bricklink, Peeron and Brickset entries don't agree on this.

Unless I'm missing something... all I see is a North American and a USA only version of 3033.  Don't international (non-North American) sets omit the part counts?