Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Nixon Library Exhibit

LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
edited December 2011 in Community and Events
This is already kind of old news, but there is a train exhibit at the Nixon Presidential Library and Museum running November 14 2011 to January 27 2012. Part of it includes an exhibit by the Southern California LEGO Train Club.
"In the Great Room the Southern California LEGO® Train Club returns for a third visit for the winter holidays with a 36’ x 24’ layout showing the Tustin hangars, an airport, long bridges, skyscrapers and other city buildings, town and country sections, and a deep canyon with trestle bridge. Hundreds of thousands of bricks and countless hours by 23 members create an amazing display, with trains running through it all. A “find-it-list” is provided to entice visitors to find interesting scenes and items around the layout."
I'm planning to check it out soon. Has anyone gone? There are some photos on the SCLTC website: http://www.scltc.org/pages/galleries/events.asp

Comments

• proraptorproraptor Member Posts: 13
    Ive gone to check it out and was impressed to say the least. They did a great job
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Awesome. Due to a variety of factors I have not been able to make it yet, although I am hoping to check it out by this weekend.
    edited January 2012
    I went to the exhibit yesterday, and was very impressed by the LEGO train layout. Saw lots of familiar sets and pieces, and some not so familiar. I recall seeing this a few years back, before I was following the AFOL community. It looks like they reuse the entire set-up every year, so somethings do look like likey could use a scrubbing (not exactly dusty, but there were a lot of windows that could have used a washing - LOL).

Put together a short video on You Tube (not very good I might add)...

edited December 2011
    And here's a few pix...
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^^ I embedded it for you. You just need to post the full link, and the forum does the work.
    Thanks Matthew!