Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,288
    edited December 2016
    Wow, I'm quite impressed with some of the beautifully wrapped presents.

Am I the only one that doesn't have wrapping paper and has to come up with excuses for shipping a plain brown box...? Er... I'm just doing what LEGO does.

kezSumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,684
    edited December 2016
    ^^^Hero Factory or Bionicle maybe? Not getting much sense of scale here...
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Just for statistics sake, all of the EU group have send and received their gifts!  Happy Holiday everyone!
    MaffyDstluxsnowhitieCoolguy5000khmellymelMuftak1kezkiki180703CapnRex101
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    I'm Leaving out of state tomorrow night. Hopefully mine arrives before that or it'll sit til i get back. Will have pics posted just later.
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    BombTec said:
    I'm Leaving out of state tomorrow night. Hopefully mine arrives before that or it'll sit til i get back. Will have pics posted just later.
    Ditto...I'm off to the Philippines until the 30th starting tomorrow.  I have a notification for a package to pick up at the post office.  maybe that's it =)
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,389
    My, but that's a big one you've got there...
    kezstluxSprinkleOtterbendybadgerGothamConstructionCokhmellymelkiki180703catwrangler
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,959
    Seeing a couple of Raspberry Pis casually strewn across the desk begs me to ask what they're for!
    stluxSprinkleOtterMattDawsonsnowhitieplasmodiumMaffyDkiki180703HugeYellowBrickcatwrangler
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

stluxbandit778GothamConstructionCoBombTeckezMaffyDkiki180703TheOriginalSimonBCapnRex101
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Seeing a couple of Raspberry Pis casually strewn across the desk begs me to ask what they're for!
    Just work stuff.  One for wallboard information and the other for showing BBC news through the iPlayer app.  Nothing exiting or Lego related unfortunately.  
    Looking at the pic I just noticed I it shows 2 Lego boxes under the desk too.  That's for when work gets too boring over the quiet Christmas period (he said hopefully) Maybe should hold a comp on here to see if anyone can guess the one on the right.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,033
    edited December 2016
    @bendybadger
    My guess is #31038 changing seasons set. :)
    bendybadgersnowhitiekezkiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    I think @bendybadger has been sent a massive back of polybags ;-)
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 737
    edited December 2016
    My, but that's a big one you've got there...
    No, @bendybadger just sits at a really small desk ;o)
    kezkiki180703TheOriginalSimonB
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Not gonna lie - that was my first thought too!

HugeYellowBrick
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    @bandit778 how the heck did you get that!  You guys amaze me with Lego sleuthing
    bandit778kezkiki180703
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    Got them!  Thanks SS.  I let C-3PO out of his can.  We are having a heat wave today at 27 degrees F, much warmer than the -14 we had the other day; so he didn't get too cold. :oP   One of our little monsters is already eyeing the packages to chew on and I will have to put them up to keep him out of it.  Thank you for the Mrs. BombTec gift as well.  I've been slowly getting her into Lego with friends and Disney. :oD Can't wait until Christmas!!!  I think I may have to tear into the PEZ though. 
    bandit778kezstluxsnowhitieMaffyDCapnRex101kiki180703TheOriginalSimonBcatwrangler
    @bandit778 how the heck did you get that!  You guys amaze me with Lego sleuthing
    It's info from one of the many amazon drones that I hired to spy on everyone taking part in the UK Secret Santa before they got put into service delivering parcels.   ;)

Not really, I recognised the box as I had recently pulled it out with the intention of incorporating it in my Winter set up but ran out of space again so unfortunately it went back into the backlog.
     :(
    kezsnowhitiekiki180703bendybadgercatwrangler
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 826
    Important question is can @bandit778 guess what is in the mystery box on the left? Me thinks it's a box full of plop LOL ;0P
    bandit778
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Hope Santa's been feeding his Reindeer well, think they might have stopped off for a rest.

Ironically part of my other secret santa gift didn't arrive in time for me to receive it either, lol.
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 318
    I received my package today.  There is that glorious lego rattle when I gently shake the box.  Thank you Secret Santa!  Hurry up Christmas, I can't wait to see what was selected for me. :-)
    edited December 2016
    ^ Guessing by the generosity shown in this thread, Santas reindeer are pulling a lot of weight this year :o) 
    bandit778MattDawsonstluxsnowhitieTheOriginalSimonBkiki180703
    Really? I assume it's something geeky - just like the cloned desktops and whatever that document is that he printed off earlier in the day...
    edited December 2016
    ^ Sorry, are you trying to tell me that something is somewhere? :-)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703bandit778
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Or should I not shake it? It could be an older set, and I would hate to damage the box...
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
    kezkiki180703
    ^ Guessing by the generosity shown in this thread, Santas reindeer are pulling a lot of weight this year :o) 
     It's all the Mega Blocs someone send to Bendy in that big box, lol.
    kezSprinkleOtterkiki180703bandit778MattDawsonstluxbendybadgerGothamConstructionCocatwrangler
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Sent mine out today. 
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    MaffyD said:
    Really? I assume it's something geeky - just like the cloned desktops and whatever that document is that he printed off earlier in the day...
    My nerd OCD will never forgive me if I don't point out that that's extended not cloned. :-)
    MaffyD
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Mine has arrived now, I think I know who it is from as well, lol, thanks secret santa.

Thanks for sharing, and making me feel a little better about my LEGO workstation at the same time. ;)
    stlux
    Mine has arrived now, I think I know who it is from as well, lol, thanks secret santa.

Thanks for sharing, and making me feel a little better about my LEGO workstation at the same time. ;)
    What are you saying, that's tidy, lol,

I put away a few thousand parts that were on there last week.
    stlux

Here's what it looked like a while ago.
    catwranglerSprinkleOtterstluxbendybadgerGothamConstructionCo
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    My floor looks a bit like that.
    SprinkleOtter
    My brain looks a bit like that.
    SprinkleOtterTheOriginalSimonBGothamConstructionCoplasmodiumgmonkey76bobabricks
    MaffyD said:
    My nerd OCD will never forgive me if I don't point out that that's extended not cloned. :-)
    I got confused by the multiple taskbars - doesn't take much at the minute... :-)
    bendybadger
    And now I've liked all the posts where people have uploaded photos of their wrapped presents. I like presents. :-) That took a while! Anyway, off to sleep now hopefully... Sweet dreams everyone!
    snowhitiekhmellymelbandit778
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    Still waiting for mine...

stluxsnowhitiebandit778SprinkleOtterkiki180703SeijiAmasawaBumblepantsAdzbadboy
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,919
    ^ I'm sure Santa has a Christmas bonus in mind for the reindeer if they get it to you on time, so no fretting :)
    AllBrickstluxbandit778kiki180703
    edited December 2016
    @snowhitie
    Talking of which, when is the last day to post the presents off?? 
    @bandit778

final posting dates for the UK are

Tuesday 20 December for 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For
    Wednesday 21 December for 1st Class and Royal Mail Signed For
    Thursday 22 December for Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
    Friday 23 December for Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed

But I can tell you that all presents are going to be en route today!

MaffyDstluxbandit778GothamConstructionCokiki180703
    I must have already posted mine at some point then. :)
    snowhitiekiki180703
    ^ sorry I  didn't realise you were trying to spread wrong clues ;)

Only 4 more presents to arrive in the UK! Exciting.... Hope everyone is being good at keeping the wrapping paper around it. Only a couple more days!
    stluxbandit778AllBrickkiki180703kez
    edited December 2016
    In all the festive fun over the last week I completely forgot to say my SS gift arrived safe and sound last week. Thus making it the first presents under our tree.

I'm intrigued by the smaller of the two presents as it has small "sub" prezzies attached to it.

Unfortunately the wrapping paper specifically says no peeking, so that's that plan scuppered. 

Tune in Chrismas morning for news of what was inside.
    bandit778snowhitiestluxcatwranglerkiki180703TheOriginalSimonBkezMaffyD
    snowhitie said:
    ^ sorry I  didn't realise you were trying to spread wrong clues ;)
    Not me, I'm as honest as the day is long at the South Pole this time of year. :)
    starwars4everGothamConstructionCocatwranglerSprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    @CapnRex101 how are the statistics looking for North America?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,878
    Still waiting for mine...