Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Thanks guys. I've decided to replace the MOC with something else.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,580
    You mean your friend has!
    LegogramWilliam_Townsleykiki180703SprinkleOtterstlux
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    Maybe I'm just in the Christmas spirit too early but I really can't wait for my gift to Arrive! 
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    You mean Santa has.
    Legogramstlux
    Err, yes, of course.
    I used to have multiple personality disorder, but we're okay now :)
    Legogramgmonkey76
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775
    edited December 2016
    Can't wait to see my Secret Santee post that they have received my present! ! Everyone does that right? Post when they get something? I will be! Obviously, I won't reply with a "glad it arrived ok!" post - that would be daft!
    Sorry, getting a little giddy. It must be the painkillers! :-)
    bandit778William_Townsleykezkiki180703
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,322
    Unfortunately not everyone does. I like to think most post something but if you get worried about it having not arrived just send Snowhitie a pm.
    MaffyDMattDawsonkiki180703
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    edited December 2016
    MaffyD said:
    Can't wait to see my Secret Santee post that they have received my present!
    Well that's another person I can cross off my list of suspects then... :)
    MaffyDsnowhitie
    MaffyD said:
    Can't wait to see my Secret Santee post that they have received my present! ! Everyone does that right? Post when they get something? I will be! Obviously, I won't reply with a "glad it arrived ok!" post - that would be daft!
    Sorry, getting a little giddy. It must be the painkillers! :-)
    Ditto and a post when they open it so we know we picked the right things to send!
    MaffyD
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,962
    @MaffyD indeed, not everyone posts here, but most do send me a message and then I let Santa know asap! If they don't message me I chase them anyway after a week or so (well, if I know it's been sent) - for the moment everything seems to arrive okay, some go really quickly, others take  little bit longer, but no worries yet.

Take it easy on those painkillers. !

Oh and do feel free to post your wrapped up parcels, we Christmas-nuts like to see that too (there are elves who made custom tags and stuff for Santa, I know).
    bandit778stluxkiki180703MaffyD
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    Thank You Secret Santa 
    bandit778stluxsnowhitieGothamConstructionCoTheOriginalSimonBkezkiki180703MaffyD
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    The Post Office are planning a 5day strike starting on the 19th. U.K people better watch out and not get caught out when trying to send their gifts 
    MaffyDAllBrickMattDawson
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    Mine arrived and placed under the tree. Thanks in advance! 
    snowhitiekiki180703kezAllBrickGothamConstructionCoMaffyD
    Was about to post the same thing as @William_Townsley - UK people might wish to plan in an extra bit of contingency...
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/12/post-office-workers-to-stage-five-days-of-strikes-next-week
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 878
    ^^ 
    Its only counter staff in the larger Crown post offices (The ones that haven't been franchised off to smaller shops) that are striking. 

Everything else is running as normal.
    MaffyDMattDawson
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 149
    got my presents today! tell your kitties thanks!
    bandit778snowhitieAllBrickBombTeckezGothamConstructionCokiki180703MaffyDCapnRex101
    Calv said:
    ^^ 
    Its only counter staff in the larger Crown post offices (The ones that haven't been franchised off to smaller shops) that are striking. 

Everything else is running as normal.

I know, I didn't read it too closely before posting. Radio 4 still tried to make it sound like a postal apocalypse though (postacalypse? postalypse?) Anything to create more 'news'. Good luck to anyone on the Southern line  today...
    AllBrickSprinkleOtterkiki180703
    Just looking at all these lovely presents, and I'm wondering - the guide was £15 right? Not £30!? We have some very generous people on here (or real bargain hunters, or both)! You guys are fab. Well done!
    AllBrickbandit778kiki180703
  • steinbriquesteinbrique germanyMember Posts: 26
    I got a gift !  Thank you secret Santa  
    stluxbandit778snowhitiekezGothamConstructionCokiki180703MaffyDCapnRex101
    edited December 2016
    MaffyD said:
    Just looking at all these lovely presents, and I'm wondering - the guide was £15 right? Not £30!? We have some very generous people on here (or real bargain hunters, or both)! You guys are fab. Well done!
    I think £15 is a poorly kept to guideline, lol .
    bandit778MattDawsonkiki180703
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,419
    edited December 2016
    Postie left me a teasing piece of card saying she/he popped by. They also ticked the box saying it is a LETTER that needs to be collected and signed for. Hoping its just them being a bit dozy, signed for letters aren't often fun.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    MaffyD said:

Yeah, and it really embarrasses those of us who have to stay closer to the limit for financial reasons. :-P
    LegogramMattDawsonkiki180703catwrangler
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 264
    as an afol just reliving the excitement of getting something non functional -adulty and resisting the open til christmas eve,after midnight, and the joy of knowing someone else gets that same buzz. you cant get new recent stuff cheap so value comes with sales, i try not feel guilty for not getting as much as some people do but thats what the guide price is for ,i try to get bargains all year through to have a reasonable stash
    snowhitieAllBrickcatwrangler
    I agree, we all do what we can and sometimes you get lucky and the recipient wants something you found a bit cheaper or you make good use of your hunting skills ;) all depends on restrictions - but I think everyone is always happy, seeing as each year there are more people taking part!
    MaffyD
    MaffyD said:

Yeah, and it really embarrasses those of us who have to stay closer to the limit for financial reasons. :-P
    There have been so many sales upto Christmas, like 3 for 2's etc, there has been some amazing offers, Speed champions Mustangs at £9 each on 3 for 2 that's £6 a piece, if you get a couple of different cars, keep one for yourself and give 2 away, that's a pretty sweet Secret Santa gift for around £15 inc delivery.
    For @MaffyD and all those who like numbers : in the UK 22 have been sent and 18 have arrived by now.
    bandit778stluxkiki180703ClutchPowerTheOriginalSimonBMaffyD
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    snowhitie said:
    New stats for the UK: 29 sent, 22 arrived - 9 more to be posted - exciting times!
    Only 4 days till the 2nd class deadline, and even longer if you go 1st class/next day. The student inside me says "plenty of time yet to get started". :-)
    kezkhmellymel
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    edited December 2016
    Few, I can finally say my SS gift has been sent :oD

bandit778snowhitiekez
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 264
    unfortunately mine arrived today with "do not open til christmas" my lil princess was keen to override this but ive hidden them away, im feeling real childish thanks my SS and again huge thanks for organising this,it really works ...i believe
    snowhitiekhmellymel
    Nothing here yet...
    @CapnRex101 , any idea how may of us US folks have shipped yet?
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,321
    Thanks, Secret Santa - a parcel has just arrived!
    \o/
    snowhitieSpeedman29bandit778thebeermonkeyGothamConstructionCostluxkiki180703MaffyDCapnRex101
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    Yay  so  excited now. No idea who my SS gifter is as family removed from envelope.
    snowhitiebandit778TheOriginalSimonBGothamConstructionCostlux3stackshskiki180703MaffyDCapnRex101
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,318
    @evantyler Very jealous of the KitKat you received! I'm a big lover of Japanese KitKat (see picture below)  but didn't have a chance yet to try the one you received. I *did* already try the sake one that came out in February, but this seems to be a different flavour.
    (Off to hunt for this one online now + any other new flavours...)

LostInTranslationGothamConstructionCoevantyler3stackshskiki180703khmellymel
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    Is it just me? or do everyone's postmen look at you funny when you rattle each and every parcel that arrive at your door?

stluxbandit778SprinkleOtterTheOriginalSimonB3stackshsplasmodiumkiki180703gmonkey76
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Mine will be sent out Monday, just finished finals and have been awfully busy. 
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,560
    @stlux -  agree with you on liking the exotic KitKats! 

On topic, I can relax now I have finally sent out my Secret Santa parcel :-)) 
    stluxGothamConstructionCoTheOriginalSimonBsnowhitieMaffyD3stackshskiki180703khmellymel
    Sorry, not been very active recently. Been rather distracted by my septum! That sounds very wrong, but I trust you know what I mean. I feel like I've seriously under-wrapped my present (or rather, gave very little instruction to my better half on how to wrap). No card, no amusing comment, and certainly no multiple packages! But I promise it's good! ! I really did try with the actual Lego. 
    Hope I'm not virtue signalling there... or whatever it's called (humble brag?) Whatever - just saying I'm very impressed by the humour and inventiveness of everyone's wrapping. Well done! :-)
    Can't wait to get mine! ! !
    I can. I'm a grown-up. :-)
    stluxbandit778catwranglerkiki180703khmellymel
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    I'm in the same boat.  Got stuff ready and wife shipped it... I am going to make sure that mine will be as witty and funny and neat next year as it can get ;)
    stluxMaffyDkiki180703
    The gold parcel looks like a gift wrapped Capri Sun! Complete with festive straw.
    plasmodiumdavetheoxygenman3stackshskiki180703
    Looks a bit Nexo to me ;).
    Muftak1MaffyDkiki180703gmonkey76