Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2016 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,505
    Might send mine off soon.
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Must stop procrastinating and get round to sorting mine out this weekend.  The days are just flying past.  Although this post may just be a ruse in case someone has ideas that their SS is from me.
    SprinkleOtterstluxsnowhitiekezkiki180703Renegade007cjh
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Going shopping this afternoon for mine.
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    Very nice and festive avatar @bendybadger.  :)

All items have been painstakingly wrapped, should get to the post office this week if everything goes to plan.
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,708
    I've got mine ready. I hope they like it ;)

I wanted to throw in some Galidor, but somehow I don't have any...
    catwranglerstarwars4everBricklover18kiki180703BumblepantsAllBrickkez
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    ^ Ugh! I hope you didn't draw my name!

On my own progress, I'm waiting for one more part and in the meantime, I'm finding all kinds of things that I want to change with my gift. I hope it get here soon so I will stop fussing with it!
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,963
    MeganL said:
    My dog Darwin is very interested in the package that got delivered tonight.  Two presents and a card! Thanks Secret Santa!
    Let's hope Darwin isn't a trained narcotics sniffer dog! ;-D
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703stluxkezchuckp
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    The pieces for my recipient have arrived and I've just bought the last piece of the puzzle. All I need to do now is find some stamps and head home to wrap it all up.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Package....away!

Didn't help that the one time I need to post something, the postal workers are on strike...
    Muftak1
    MeganL said:
    My dog Darwin is very interested in the package that got delivered tonight.  Two presents and a card! Thanks Secret Santa!

I may have posted my package to my Santee or I may need to wrap it and send it yet....don't want to tip my hand :-)
    Little do you know, it only contains a pack of sausages... ;)
    MeganLkiki180703Legogramstlux
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 68
    MeganL said:

I may have posted my package to my Santee or I may need to wrap it and send it yet....don't want to tip my hand :-)
    Little do you know, it only contains a pack of sausages... ;)
    SprinkleOtter is right, the only thing Darwin is good at sniffing out is food......
    kiki180703SprinkleOtterstlux
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 817
    I'm ready to ship my santee's present; the only thing that's been holding me back is searching for my only house cat after she escaped yesterday :'(
    MattDawson
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,730
    I hope you find her soon, @kez. We have an indoor cat too and there have been a few scary moments...
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703kez
    Thankyou @catwrangler She's been missing for 48 hours now and I've physically searched the nearby area for over a full day. I'm not having much luck as she's 8 months old and this is her first time outdoors. I just hope she comes back soon. :-(
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @kez Good luck finding your cat. If you haven't tried it already, try putting her litter box outside, and she might smell something familiar and come back. Similarly, try rubbing a washcloth over yourself so it smells like you and put that outside too. Hopefully she's nearby, they say that almost always the cat will be within a 5 house radius.
    kezcatwranglersid3windr
    Thankyou @ricecake Ive already tried some of those techniques but will give the others a go as I have nothing to lose. I have my suspicions to where she may be hiding but its a treasure trove for hiding spots near my home. I will keep looking, cheers. :-D
    ricecakeMattDawsonLegogramkiki180703TheOriginalSimonBsnowhitiebendybadgercatwrangler
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 451
    Grrr bloody post office made me declare full name and address for package then stuck the sticker straight on front of it. Not so Secret Santa anymore. I love the Irish postal service.........
    Same bloody thing happened to me today. Dammit.

I mean, nothing to see here. I may or may not have gone to a building that may or may not have been a post office to send or not send something in the mail to someone or nobody.
    stluxkiki180703
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,023
    Received my secret santa package this past week; I'm oh so excited to open it up!  I'll try and upload a picture with the amazing gift wrapping job as soon as I can!
    stluxkiki180703starwars4ever
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 477
    Unexpected parcel arrived this morning. Doesn't rattle. I'm wondering whether I should open the box in case it is not a Secret Santa package.
    SprinkleOtterstluxTheOriginalSimonB
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 472
    Haven't gotten mine, even though my person may or may not have gotten theirs. I know the deadline is Christmas, but since we are less than 3 weeks away, each day I get a little more worried. Is this normal?
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,428
    edited December 2016

@starwars4ever - judging by the people who have posted on the same day as you saying they have only now posted their present, it is completely normal that some people may not have received theirs yet (I haven't got mine for instance). I will only start worrying when it gets to the last week, and only break down in tears on Christmas Eve! Don't we have to inform the coordinators when we post them off? In which case whoever is dealing with your region will be keeping an eye on what's going on.

I myself have yet to wrap the present I am sending. This weekend was too hectic! Hoping to send it off towards the end of the week, if I have a minute to get to a post office. I was about to post something detailing the shape then - too much information!!!

@snowhitie @CapnRex101 @cmrt1014 ;- do we have any stats on confirmed sends, or would that be too revealing at this stage? What happened last year?

• BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 107
    Posting mine out tomorrow. Had to make one last thing to add but should have plenty of time to travel the 1000 miles or so.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,045
    MaffyD said:

@snowhitie @CapnRex101 @cmrt1014 ;- do we have any stats on confirmed sends, or would that be too revealing at this stage? What happened last year?

Given that it's only the 7th December I wouldn't worry too much yet. I haven't received mine yet and I won't be too concerned until like a week before Christmas 
    LostInTranslationMaffyDkiki180703snowhitie
    I received my SS gift yesterday but it was disguised with several Bricklink orders that also arrived. The scissors were poised to open it up when I noticed the "Do not open until Dec 25th!" on it. So it's now safely under the tree (after practicing my best CMF "feel 'em up"  skills on the package to no avail).

Thanks!! 
    stluxMuftak1kiki180703snowhitieCapnRex101
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    stluxkiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    Watching the above video, I'm rather glad that the Secret Santa parcel I received today was not sent from the UK!
    Legogramkiki180703
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,943
    Mine just arrived at work. How exciting :)

snowhitiebandit778kezMaffyD
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 276
    edited December 2016
    Mine was sent sometime in the last 10 days.  Im headed to the Philippines for Xmas come the 19th so if I don't post about mine that will be why....assuming it's not here before then.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 191
    I've been doing secret santa like SirBen all year (i had wrote "i've been doing SirBen" -good to check writing), the reveal will leave 1 less Bricksetter next year, but before my demise i've sent my SS ,didnt print real name but had to check myself on signature,, 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,242
    Ooooooh!

Two parcels came today. One I knew about and this, which is totally anonymous but rattles nicely. Rubber band: model's own.
    snowhitiebandit778stluxLegogramkiki180703CapnRex101kezMaffyD
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 472
    Thanks to all the wonderful coordinators who put this on! Can't wait for Christmas to open it!!!

snowhitiebandit778stluxkiki180703LegogramCapnRex101kezMaffyD
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
    @MaffyD sorry for the late reply, but on top of the crazy busy week we've had, my computer didn't ( want to connect to the internet so it was difficult to get in touch with my excell-sheet (that is really not handy on a smartphone)! My husband installed a new driver though, and it's all sorted.

I wouldn't panic yet, there is plenty of time yet. But if you like numbers, 16 out of 38 parcels have been sent out (to my knowledge).
    bandit778MattDawsonstluxkiki180703CapnRex101kezMaffyD
    42%!?! That's surprisingly good considering the people waiting for items to arrive, and the amount of custom stuff being sent out.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 477
    edited December 2016
    OK, got my SS present this morning ~ now I'm getting excited. One of the packets has that rattle.
    bandit778snowhitieTheOriginalSimonBstluxCapnRex101kezkiki180703GothamConstructionCoMaffyD
  • brickmattbrickmatt USAMember Posts: 87
    Got my package in the mail yesterday. They're now under the tree, where they will hopefully stay until Christmas.

bandit778snowhitieTheOriginalSimonBstluxCapnRex101kezkiki180703GothamConstructionCoMaffyD
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 404

Got mine about a week ago - rattles nicely and is surprisingly large! Thanks a lot to my SS; I'm excited to open it.
    TheOriginalSimonBbandit778snowhitiestluxCapnRex101kezkiki180703GothamConstructionCoMaffyD
    Geeez you guys, that Chickenman set I sent out is starting to look a little pathetic.
    MattDawsonsnowhitiekezstluxGothamConstructionCokiki180703khmellymel
    edited December 2016
    @snowhitie thanks for those stats, that's exactly what I was after. I've been in hospital yesterday. So my present will go out tomorrow - the wife will be sending it. Luckily I had arranged all the gubbins before I was admitted, so she didn't have to do anything except wrap it. Apologies to the recipient - she's useless at wrapping.
    And for those who like medical details: I've had a polyp the size of a strawberry removed from my sinus, my septum straightened, and the entrance to my sinus enlarged (right hand side). So I might now be able to breathe properly for the first time in years (I've been waiting 9 months for this appointment).
    When the bleeding stops and the inflammation recedes anyway... :-)
    Muftak1stluxecmo47kiki180703catwrangler
    And the present is on its way! Happy Christmas someone - hope you like it!
    stluxkiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    Much to my annoyance, had an extremely busy week at work and the upshot is that my recipients parcel has not moved from where it was last week.
    Really need to pull my festive  finger out.
    If someone were to make a custom model, how would they include building instructions for said model?

I'm asking for a friend, of course. ;)
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
    That's great @kez! Give her lots of cuddles!
    Coolguy5000stluxkiki180703kez
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,242
    Yay for safe kitties.
    kez
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,181
    /\ I'm doing
    If someone were to make a custom model, how would they include building instructions for said model?

I'm asking for a friend, of course. ;)
    Maybe a photo of the finished MOC or a series of them showing exploded views. Or you your friend could LDD it and print the instructions.
    stluxkiki180703SprinkleOtter
    Just remember that LDD instructions don't always make sense...
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703stlux