Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2016 Brickset Secret Santa

Comments

• Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    edited November 2016
    Looks like I may actually have some stuff from my assignments want list. Now to find a box!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    I am just about to start sending assignments out to people in North America. Apologies for the delay, it has been a busy couple of days but I am back on it now!
    starwars4eversnowhitiestluxSprinkleOtter3stackshsLegogrampiratemania7kiki180703SumoLego
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 477
    ^ Thanks! Can't wait to start gift hunting!!!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    I don't know why you guys waited for an assignment or a list when anyone would be happy with rad stuff like this!

SprinkleOtterbandit778AllBrickstarwars4everkiki180703snowhitiecatwrangler
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 412
    Already started buying stuff for my Secret Santee, hope they like it! Getting pretty excited now.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    edited November 2016
    I don't know why you guys waited for an assignment or a list when anyone would be happy with rad stuff like this!
    *snip*
    Ugh! Buh!

Those things are collecting trash but, they are trash themselves? Not only that, they're garbage too? Bizarre.
    SprinkleOttersnowhitiekiki180703Bumblepantscatwranglergmonkey76
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,308
    Order placed...
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 739
    I don't understand how something with the tagline "build a world of trash" could be anything but awesome!
    SprinkleOtterAllBrick
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,536
    edited November 2016
    Ok, so I've been a Santa lurker all this time, but I'm breaking my silence now just to join in on the fun! I've got my Santee and will be merrily researching until I've got them something appropriate! I would've posted earlier but my wife has been admitted to hospital this week so it's been a little hectic! I'll try better over the weekend though, especially if I can get my better half back home.

Edit: must say thank you to @snowhitie for sorting the UK contingent out! You're fab!
    bandit778snowhitiekezkhmellymel
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,857
    @MaffyD hope your wife feels better soon!

I've got my plan ready to!
    MaffyDkiki180703
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,790
    @MaffyD Hope your wife is home and recovering soon!
    stluxkiki180703MaffyD
    Looks like she'll be in another night :-( But definitely feeling better than Wednesday morning! Thanks for your kind words guys. Sorry for going off topic!
    catwrangler
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    @MaffyD Glad to hear that she's feeling better, another wish for a speedy recovery coming from me :)
    stluxkiki180703MaffyD
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,943
    @MaffyD
    Sorry to hear about the other half, hope she gets to come home very soon.

Hopefully will get some proper time at the weekend to sit down and make some headway into getting my recipients gifts on order. 

MaffyD
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 477
    edited November 2016
    Just got my assignment! Can't wait to get started!
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,308
    Whoever the appropriate person is should also throw in something for Mrs @MaffyD and can tap me up for a few quid to go towards it.
    bandit778snowhitieSprinkleOtterkiki180703catwranglerMaffyD
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    Everyone in North America should now have received their assignment. There are 26 participants so I think we have surpassed last year's total!

Let me know if you have not received a message and I will look into it.
    Bricklover18snowhitieSprinkleOtterkiki180703SumoLegopiratemania7
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    I got my marching orders and started to assemble the package as I want to ship mine out ASAP to avoid the last minute mailing issues ;)  plus I'll be traveling the last week prior and after Xmas ;)
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Got mine... Decisions, decisions...
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Is there a way to access somebodies want list?
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    ecmo47 said:
    Is there a way to access somebodies want list?
    http://brickset.com/sets/wantedby-bendybadger Obviously replace my name with the Santee
    piratemania7
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Im otw home to fire up the Chromebook and hit AliExpress.com :P

Hip hip hooray!
    OrmskirkBricks
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,298
    After two very long days to end the working week, instead of collapsing on the sofa for the evening I've been productive and bricklink'd and eBay'd everything I need for my SS.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,031
    Received my assignment. Off to buy my gifts!
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Updated my want list. 
    HugeYellowBrickkiki180703
    Updated my want list. 
    Now my wanted list feels small...

Good little wanted list. Stay small. stay. stay. good boy.
    Bricklover183stackshsMeganLTheOriginalSimonBMattDawsonkiki180703catwrangler
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,031
    Updated my wanted list!
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    edited November 2016
    My victi... I mean, mystery person didn't specify a wish list and didn't ask for specifics, aside from it being Lego based.

I'm almost envious of people who have wishlists to go by.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703khmellymelMaffyDGothamConstructionCoBumblepantspiratemania7
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Oh man, I missed it.  I haven't had much time for the forums this year.  Hope everyone participating has fun, and Merry Christmas to all!
    AllBrick
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,943
    Never realised how difficult it is to buy for an AFOL.

Now know why my better half gives me money and tells me to get it myself.

Do have some ideas though (after a weeny bit of stalking) and will be hitting all the usual places on the internet tomorrow and will hopefully get the required items ordered and off to the recipiant before the restraining order kicks in. :)
    SprinkleOtterstluxAllBrickkiki180703Renegade007cjh
    edited November 2016
    Is it wrong to feel like a stalker? I really want this to be a good present, so I'm trying to get clues from wherever I can!

Anyway, I just wanted to also say thank you to everyone who has expressed good wishes for Cathy, my wife. Unfortunately, she's still in hospital, but I've just shown her this thread and it's really cheered her up!

@snowhitie @catwrangler @khmellymel @bandit778 and definitely @TheOriginalSimonB :-) 
    snowhitieSprinkleOtterstluxbandit778catwranglerkiki180703
    I hope this doesn't come off as shameless advertising, but if my BL store has anything anyone needs for their SS, I'd like to offer them 50% off, and the most minimal handling to cover only my packing materials.

OrmskirkBricksiso3200kiki180703LEGO_Dad77JenniMaffyD
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,035
    SS = Secret Stalker. Frightening eh?
    SprinkleOtterLostInTranslationbandit778kiki180703Renegade007cjhClutchPower
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    yeah been researching my victim recipient via the sites...all in the name of fun!!
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 73
    Oooh I hadn't even though of the stalking part - fortunately my Santee has a wish list I can work with!  Though I might add something extra just for fun.
    I realize that my wish list is completely unhelpful for whoever my SS is...
    As I have no way of contacting them, I will add that I enjoy small sets and polybays, but not specifically too current. Pretty much anything as long as it isn't Friends, Elves, or City, I will love it.
    Image result for joker simple man

• Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    I haven't made a list but in all fairness it'll be another couple of weeks before the tree is even up. Hang in there....
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 353
    ^ I completely agree, I didn't make a list (partly because most of the sets I am after are larger sets) but also because I like the mystery idea behind it. I've got a few ideas for my SS but again I am keeping track of them over the next couple of weeks before I commit to what I get them. 
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I didn't make a list - much more fun to receive an awesome and hopefully well-thought-out surprise than something from a list of things I'd probably end up buying for myself at some point anyway. If we all went down that route, we might as well just buy our own presents and save on the postage costs, right? :)

Of course, the downside of being forum-stalked is that I could run a high risk of ending up with loads of sausages :D
    Or a load of plopp
    paul_mertonsnowhitiekiki180703BumblepantscatwranglerSumoLego
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    Actually, I thought my wanted list was empty until I checked just now. There's a single item in it from when I was testing something way back in 2012. I suspect #10214 Tower Bridge is slightly out of the price range anyway :)
    Renegade007cjhsnowhitie
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    Actually, I thought my wanted list was empty until I checked just now. There's a single item in it from when I was testing something way back in 2012. I suspect #10214 Tower Bridge is slightly out of the price range anyway :)
    Unless you want the set in instalments, whereby each of your Secret Santas for the next 14 years would give you £15 worth of bricks from it!!
    snowhitiebandit778SprinkleOtterkiki180703catwrangler
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    A 14 year interest free loan? I like it!
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,857
    I like looking at the 'own' and 'want' list just to get an idea what the recipient likes and already has. Love looking at old messages and trying to come up with an idea what he/she likes.

The name board I used for the reveal was actually part of my present last year. It's something I never would have thought of buying but its been in constant use all year for different things. So thanks to that Santa again;)
    bandit778William_TownsleystluxSprinkleOtterkhmellymelMuftak1
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310

I've on the forum today specifically to read past posts from my target to get clues.

Its never as easy as I think it will be...

• ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    Lol I think I might be one of the folks that forgot to include a suggestion as I was scrambling last minute to get my entry in.  Anything Castle related (got a decent wanted list to give my secret Santa idea of what I pursue) could be mocs work for me :). Otherwise anything Lego goes (just no friends or China) :)
    I'm kinda bummed that mine is so easy. :(
    starwars4everkiki180703
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I've finished shopping for my secret santee.