Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Has anyone has missing sets from a lego order

jonmdudleyjonmdudley GermanyMember Posts: 23

So my wife bought me some Lego for my birthday, she opened the box today to wrap stuff and found that two sets are missing from the order even though they are on the invoice and the customs form. Has this happened to anyone and what did you do to get it fixed?

Comments

• mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 544
    Is it possible that the sets were in two separate boxes? There should be multiple tracking numbers if there was more than one. If there are then I would check both to see if they both say delivered, in which case I would contact TLG (if that is where she ordered from) to see if they can help in tracking down the extra package. If they were all supposed to be in the same box then contact TLG anyway and let them know of the mistake. They are usually pretty good at correcting errors like this.
    madforLEGO
  • jonmdudleyjonmdudley GermanyMember Posts: 23
    There was only one tracking number. That was the first thing that she looked into but as I stated the invoice and customs forms (I am living in Germany with the military) showed all of the sets the way that they normally would. The wife contacted Lego customer service and they are sending the two sets along with something for our trouble.
    catwranglerkiki180703madforLEGO
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    There's humans involved, so it happens.  just call customer service, they'll fix you up.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,967
    I've received orders with sets missing before. It happens occasionally, and they send a replacement with minimal hassle.

My most recent order, however, was completely wrong. I received someone else's order, along with their packing slip. I got the correct order re-sent and it was with me by the next day, even though it had to come all from way from Belgium (to the UK).
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 299
    Ordered 2 toyshops last year.  Got 2 $12 star wars sets instead.  Notified them and they immediately sent replacements.  I asked if they wanted the star wars sets and they said no.  So I donated them.
    snowhitiecatwranglerkhmellymelkiki180703DontcopythatfloppyBricklover18
  • AustinPowersAustinPowers GermanyMember Posts: 278
    edited October 2016
    Fortunately I have never had such a problem when ordering from [email protected], only some missing pieces in sets once in a while, but I can also attest, like others have already, that their customer service is usually excellent.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    edited October 2016
    I've once had a speed champions car missing from an order, and it was on the packing list. A quick e-mail to Lego service and it was already on the way, together with an apologetic keyring.
    snowhitiekiki180703
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 512
    I did once have a small set ($10) missing from a rather large order. Even though it took me several weeks to work out that I was short a set, CS sent it out to me--no questions asked--when I called to inquire.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Same experience. A couple years ago, I ordered a few sets and a Duplo book set was missing. I called up and customer service didn't question it whatsoever.
  • nejakdivnenejakdivne CZMember Posts: 4
    Can happen occasionally and they won't ask questions - that's because they are able to check against reweigh values on the invoices from DHL.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 316
    I once ordered some power function accessories along with some track, and the track was completely missing.  They expedited replacements for me without question or issue.  I was really pleased with their customer service.
  • BrickmanBrickman Ol' Brick SquareMember Posts: 42
    edited October 2016
    I only had one item missing in 2015. Had 9 collectible minifigs in an envelope, but I ordered 10. Called them and customer service was very helpful and sent the missing figure and a Chima speedorz set. I see that's how they get rid of left over Chima sets :P
    catwranglerSprinkleOtterkhmellymelDoctorMcGannkiki180703stlux
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    yes,  happen to me few week ago,  ordered a Ghostbusters ECTO-1 21108 set and along the Vampire and Bat set. When the box arrived,  only the Vampire and the bat and and the free gift are in the box.  Contacted the [email protected] customer Service and they sent the ECTO-1 next day
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 858
    I just opened my order from September 30th to find a lone star wars set.. And no Darth Revan. He's on the invoice and he isn't in the box!!! This needs to be fixed. Lego support, here I come!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,480
    edited October 2016
    I just opened my order from September 30th to find a lone star wars set.. And no Darth Revan. He's on the invoice and he isn't in the box!!! This needs to be fixed. Lego support, here I come!
    Strange. Usually when that occurs, then the figure pops up in a padded envelope via USPS, but usually before the box appears (at least by my recollection). You just have to hope at this point that LEGO CS has another one to hand out and this promo was not to remove them from circulation permanently.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,072
    I had three orders that we're back ordered.  I just received all three but the darth revan is still listed as being in the warehouse.  When I called, the cs rep said they don't hold promotional items for back ordered items and that they are all out.  I asked why it showed up in the shopping cart/order if that was the case and she gave me some unrelated answer.  She said she will send only one admiral yularen saying the promo was limited to one per household.  She was surprising very cold in her tone for a Lego cs rep.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,072
    Also, I've had couple pencil holders missing from an order of five total items.  Cs sent me both, no question asked.
    Shortly after I posted this my wife was able to contact CS and they sent out the two kits. I am still not sure what the kits are. The only thing that made it hard is that we are living in Germany and they were bought on the American STH site. I have had a few orders with back ordered items before so that was my first question, but as I stated in the OP it was on the customs form and the invoice according to the Mrs. She told me that CS was super sorry about what happened and offered to put another set in with the two sets that were missing ( she wouldn't tell me as it would "give it away"). I will say that even though it is a hassle I will say that CS did a great job handling the situation. I feel bad for the people who bought SW sets to get Revan and didn't get any. I think I will post here to show what she got me.
    catwranglerkhmellymelkiki180703
    Also thanks to everyone for the replys.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 721
    This happened to me a week or so ago instead of receiving two series 16 CMFs I got 2 mixes instead. 

So it was a Big Ben that was lost with a pilgrim... got a London bus.