Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hi from London!

boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but have been visiting this site for quite a while now. I've been in the dark ages for a fair while, so most of my current Lego is from when I was a kid (90s). I am planning on getting some architecture and creator sets soon as I need some 'grown up' Lego lol. Having said that I went to my first Afol meet on Monday and built Mighty Micros. It was the first time I met other adult Lego fans apart from my dad and it was a really enjoyable evening ...Especially more so as I could be proud of my love of Lego. I'm really interested to find out what people are building at the moment? Let me know, I need some ideas!
Anonymous

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,283
    Hi @boad! Good to have you. You'll find that all Lego can be grown up Lego - even Duplo has it's place (at the bottom of a mountain range, to be cost-effective). There's a thread all about what people are building, along with others on a vast range of other topics - I'd suggest you have a browse, read some of the later pages of long threads and then just join in with the conversation. You'll find us all very friendly. :-)
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,463
    Hi @boad

Just to give you a heads-up, Technic is the only Lego worth considering.  Everything else is just "mucking about with kids' toys".

;o)
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,393
    Hi welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new to the forum to (fairly new to doing anything on the Internet). I was going to go to the AFOLs meet up on Monday but had a bad case of wimping out. Bit shy me. Anyway maybe I will meet you next meet up. 
  • NeilCrosbyNeilCrosby United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    Hi @boad - glad you enjoyed yourself on monday :D

For the last year or so, I've been mostly building things around the M:Tron theme from the very early 90s (how can you go wrong with magnets?)

Obviously the best models though are those that combine both Duplo and Technic.
    MaffyD
  • boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
    Thanks for the replies guys! @bookmum you should definitely come next time. @NeilCrosby traditional Lego is very appealing to me. However I did like the look of the technic parts on Monday :D. Guess I will see you next month, have rsvp'd
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,393
    Duplo and technic together? That sounds great. 
    catwrangler
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Hi, welcome to the forums! :)
  • AnonymousAnonymous GermanyMember Posts: 40
    @boad - A warm welcome from me too! :-)
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    welcome!