Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

London AFOLS

bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,310
Hi. Are any of you guys members of the London AFOLS? I have just rsvp - ed to go to the meet up tomorrow but I am having an attack of being shy and nervous. If any of you are going it would be nice to know that I already 'know' someone. Thanks

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,593
    I've never been along but know the founder of London AFOLs,  @richselby, he's a really nice guy.  Think there are some other Bricksetters who go regularly too. I'm sure they'll make you feel very welcome :-) 
    bookmum
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,395
    Come on then @bookmum - spill the beans?  Are they all weirdos or did you have a good time?
    ;o)

I've been meaning to go along to one of these as soon as the meet clashes with a free evening.  I'd be interested in a newbie's view.
    LostInTranslationSprinkleOtterstlux
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,310
    I didn't get there. the trains I needed to get were all messed up (oh southern rail you annoying train company) so by the time I got as far as Victoria I was running late and I was feeling so nervous about meeting new people and I hate rush hour and the dark and wasn't really sure exactly where the pub was.........so I chickened out. I'm quite sad I didn't make it. I hopefully will try again next month.
    Renegade007cjh
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,395
    Ok.  Depending on the date I'll try and attend too, and then there will be two of us not knowing anybody!
    Cool. It will be in about a months time I think! 
  • NeilCrosbyNeilCrosby United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    The next one's in but three weeks now on the 7th November: http://www.meetup.com/LondonAFOLs/events/226965575/ It'll be great to see you there, @bookmum and @BooTheMightyHamster

I know the chickening out feeling all too well - I chickened out for about a year before I finally made it along! I'm glad I did though; everyone's lovely, and made me feel very welcome.
    LostInTranslationstluxbookmumLego_Star
    @NeilCrosby thanks. I'm going to give it a go.
  • boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
    @NeilCrosby I thought the next meet up is Nov14 not the 7th. That's what Richard told me...
  • NeilCrosbyNeilCrosby United KingdomMember Posts: 77
    @bookmum - excellent; I look forward to seeing you there!

@boad - it was going to be, but it had to be moved forward a week because of availability of the room (it's only going to be our second time at that location). Richard's updated the date on meetup, and I'm sure he'll send through an email about the change of date soon.

Sorry to be the bearer of confusion :D
  • boadboad United KingdomMember Posts: 22
    @NeilCrosby Yes I've checked meetup and rsvp'd
    Just been for an explore to find the pub where the meet up will be. Found it! Would so not have been able to find it in the dark! But now I know where it is hopefully, fingers crossed, I will go next time. 
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I've been before, and they are a great bunch, very, very welcoming. Sadly they generally meet on a Monday, the one day of the week I struggle with.
    So I plan to go to the meet up tomorrow. Hopefully there will be no mess up with Southern Trains or my slight cold turning into full scale 'flu' or there is an unexpected snow storm... 
    Anyway.. I plan to go, anyone else on here going? 
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    I try to get there when I can and was hoping to make tomorrow's but now looking almost certain I'll miss it due to work.  Hopefully will be able to get to December.  Have fun!
    bookmum
    So... I still didn't make it. A mixture of dark winter 'school nights' and a rotten stinking winter cold just made it all go a bit wrong. The December meet up probably won't be good for me either, but I'm hoping in the new year I can be a bit more organised /brave/not so shy. I still want to be part of the 'gang' so if any bricksetters who are also London AFOLS are on this site hopefully we can get to know each other through our comments and by January we will 'know' each other more. 
    Hi folks. Anyone on here going to tonights meet up? I went last month (for the first time) - I can't remember any names of who I actually chatted with! Would be nice if anyone I've chatted to on here I could chat to in person!!