Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Possible to trade Ghostbuster HQ for 2 Modulars?

MosdvsMosdvs Dallas, TXMember Posts: 61
So I recently was able to snag a new ghostbuster hq off 5 miles for 150.00. (Box is kinda beat up but new and unopened). I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the ghostbuster hq yet. I'm leaning towards trading it for a modular or 2. Is it possible I trade the Ghost Buster HQ for 2 modular (detective office and Parisian) or would that be asking for too much?

Comments

• CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 347
    Honestly man, the GBHQ is better than EVERY modular ever made. The only negative is it doesn't hook together with the modulars. I get that your asking for two, and that would be fair. But straight up GBHQ for a modular? Don't do it. Not unless it's a retired modular.
    Mosdvs
  • MosdvsMosdvs Dallas, TXMember Posts: 61
    Honestly man, the GBHQ is better than EVERY modular ever made. The only negative is it doesn't hook together with the modulars. I get that your asking for two, and that would be fair. But straight up GBHQ for a modular? Don't do it. Not unless it's a retired modular.
    Thank CaptainPirateMan.
    CaptainPirateMankiki180703
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2016
    Two currently available Modular's for your GBHQ is a very fair trade. You're getting 2 Mods for the price of 1 and the other person will be getting the GBHQ for a little less than MSRP of $350.00. One for one trade for a Fire Brigade would be a good swap also.
    Mosdvskiki180703
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    I think I'd hang onto the GB HQ.  You got an absolute steal on it, even if the box was beat up.  I think this could be one of those sets that will be heavily sought after post retirement, maybe more so than any of the current modulars.

I have a set sitting in my office that I'm going to build some day, so I can't yet comment on the build vs. the modulars, but I'm guessing it's pretty similar. 
    Mosdvs
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 347
    I have the GBHQ and a few modulars, and IMO the GBHQ is vastly superior, in just about every way. The opening up feature, plus you can take it apart like a modular, and the attention to detail. In all honesty, the GBHQ has more detail on 1 floor than the modulars do in there entire building. 

Like I said earlier, the only "knock" against it is you can't attach it to the rest of the modulars, so it has to sit by itself. Which isn't a bad thing imo. You could make it into an actual firehouse, if you don't want to do the Ghostbusters thing. Even though I don't own the Fire Brigade, no way is it a better firehouse than the GBHQ, no way. 

I don't own any of the deathstars, so I can't comment on them. But the GBHQ HAS to be one of the very best Lego sets ever made. I have a pretty substantial collection, and it's by far my favorite, even though I like Pirate and Castle themes better. If I could only have ONE Lego set, it would be the GBHQ. I'm not talking about value, just the set. Obviously many sets are worth more on the after market, but if you take that out of the equation, it's really an elite set.

If we talk about the VERY best Lego sets of all time, the GBHQ would be up there. In not saying it would be number 1, but somewhere in the top ten.

The Effiel Tower
    Both DeathStars
    Millenium Falcon
    Taj Mahal
    Ghostbusters HQ
    and maybe the new Disney Castle.

These are probably the short list of best Lego sets, and notice NONE of them are the modulars. Which the modulars are great as well, in not saying they are not. Just not AS good as some of the others.
    MosdvsTheBigLegoski
  • MosdvsMosdvs Dallas, TXMember Posts: 61
    Thanks to everyone who took the time out to provide their feedback. People like yall keep me coming back to this awesome forum.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    In all fairness, of course, if the box is beat up it will take away from that even stevens $350.00 MSRP value.  Won't it?  Perhaps 2x$150 mods is a fair trade but 2x$160 mods might be cutting it a bit closer.
    Mordoor