Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Star Wars REBELS series/theme topic

Comments

• Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 791
    Thank you guys for the info. 
    VBaskin2008
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,534
    Saw the most recent episode. While it was good to see some mandalorians in action I don't feel it progressed the series. I think while it served as a slight tease for more revelations about Sabine the episode could be considered a "filler" episode.

By the way I found that the titles and synopsis for the next few episode were released. Here they are (Note source I got these from say they are translated from  german)
    ***************************************So Spoilers******************************

3×08 “Iron Squadron”

Ezra and Sabine join forces to subdue a young ace pilot and his crew, who are foolishly risking their lives. That is the only way they can defend their home.

3×09 “The Wynkahthu Job”

The Rebels join forces with ruthless pirates to salvage a freighter full of weapons the Rebellion needs. However, the mission turns out way more dangerous than they expected.

3×10 “An Inside Man”

Looking for information on a new Imperial weapon, Ezra and Kanan break into an Imperial factory on Lothal. However, they have to trust an enemy to escape from a building that is about to be locked down.

3×11 “Visions and Voices”

Haunted by visions of Maul, Ezra has to journey across the galaxy. Upon arriving at his destination, he has to participate in a strange ritual to sever his connection to Maul.

****************************************************************************************************

with episode 8 being released of season 3 being releases on November 19th, almost a month before rogue one I believe episode 10 will be the tie in episode. Episode 11 will be the last episode before the holiday break. I also noted these episode were tagged rebels 3.1 which I presume means we are getting a 22 episode season.

VBaskin2008TheBigLegoski
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    In the UK, Disney XD are showing the episodes 1 week behind the US. The Last Battle premiered yesterday for us.
    VBaskin2008
  • FurstynhFurstynh PhillyMember Posts: 9
    Is anyone else geeked that Thrawn has been snuck in the back door as canon now?  Obviously going to be some discrepencies in his back story, but loved those books as a kid.
    VBaskin2008
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Just watched the latest episode. Fantastic!
    Anyone for a Mandalorian Imperial Super Commando battlepack?
    VBaskin2008
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    I recognized the blade game that they were playing in the beginning from one of the Second Galactic Civil War books.

I just still don't get the fascination with those bucketheads...
    VBaskin2008
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    Force In Peace The Phantom 2014-2016.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited November 2016
    Just finished watching Season 2 on DVD and really enjoyed it.

Interesting last two-part episode woth plenty of lightsabre action from Kanan, Esra, Ahsoka, 3 Inquisitors, Maul and Vader!

How long before Season 3 gets released on DVD I wonder?

My favourite scene from the entire season:

For some reason I now feel compelled to acquire the promotional Darth Maul polybag too...
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008Jackad7
    The fact that Inquisitors ONLY die at the season finales bugs me...
    VBaskin200877ncaachamps
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2016
    @xwingpilot  
    I am sure somewhere along 2017 a set will be released that contains (Darth) Maul. Well I am not sure, but I would not rule it out, since he has also appeared in an episode of season three, and is supposed to appear in more future episodes. So I think it is most likely he will be put in a future set too.
    VBaskin2008
    My only reservations about the promotional Darth Maul polybag are that it's technically PT (yes I know my OT collection now contains Rebels and Battlefront too) and £15 is a lot for a minifig...
    VBaskin2008
    edited November 2016
    @xwingpilot 
    Resist that urge dude! ...... If you can?!
    Don't buy that polybag, just wait for a Rebels set to be released containing him.
    (Any way that is just my opinion, if you are willing to spend 15 quid on a minifig, maybe you can buy it cheaper loose via bricklink, or spend some more and just buy the Sith infiltrator, and have an entire set)

I would love a big Malachor Sith Temple set, based on the final double episode of season two. A big black rotating, and transforming pyramid with transparent red highlighted details, and a hidden Sith holocron at its core (and some light-up push button bricks), containing the following minifigures: the three inquisitor minifigs (seventh sister, fifth brother{OK I already have him, so technically I don't need him again}, eighth brother), Maul, Ahsoka Tano, Darth Vader, and of course Ezra and Kanan, and maybe Chopper and definitely a couple of these little flying droids that always accompany Seven Sister (if given the relative small size of them that is even possible in Lego).

Anyway if I worked in Billund as a designer over at TLG, would love to create and lobby for such a (+/-1250 piece) play-set to be released.

Besides, IMO season two is still the best Rebels season, so far. Another reason to go for a Sith Temple set. Of course I don't know what season three will hold in store for us, which I am very excited to find out, but some of the six episodes (including the first TV-movie double episode, next to the five regular ones) have been a tiny bit lacklustre compared to the high-note / cliff hanger which ended season two. I loved the opening double episode, as well as 'Holocrons of Fate', 'The Antilles Extraction', and 'Hera's Heroes', these are all fine episodes IMO. 'The Last Battle' was good too (but not as good as the previous ones IMO), and 'Imperial Super Commando's' had some nice action scenes but as an episode overall has a weak story line. The episode on Mandalore was poorly executed, especially since that planet and history offer plenty of material to work with. As if the writers just had some bizarre brain fart, resulting from writers block. I was even wondering if a bunch of animators had been laid off. Repetitive barren scenery, and backgrounds. Mandalorians wearing bum scorching and roasting jet-packs. The viceroy of Mandalore patrolling around like a lowly infantry soldier, and other plot twists, and character decisions that seemed unconvincing and untrue to how we have come to know these protagonists (thinking of Sabine here especially).

The thing is so far with season three (and this is of course just my opinion), that they don't build much, or anything at all, on the episodes which follow each other; they are or seem pretty much stand alone episodes. And that is somewhat of a shame I think, but perhaps I am just very impatient to find out where things will be going with the main protagonists, the fledgling Rebel fleet, various rebel cells, and their impeding doom with the introduction of admiral Thrawn, as well as the story line of Maul.

I hope this weekends new episode, after twice having had to wait for two weeks for a new episode to be premiered, will be much better than the last one!
    VBaskin2008
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    Just watched episode 8. Hope the 'outrider' ship makes a few more apperences so we have a chance of getting her in Lego form. No Dash Rendar, but hey this is as good a chance as any of getting a fantastic ship.
    VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Still aching for the RO tie-in episode.  These episodes are fun and all but obviously lacking in parts due to the fact its a kid's show.  But it's still fun to keep up as it bridges storylines for us.  It also continues to get me more excited for the eventual live action show we'll have on ABC at some point in the future.
    VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
    I just watched the latest episode and while I believe it may still be classed as a filler episode it was quite funny and the ending was very satisfying! 
    solid_striderVBaskin2008
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 206
    ^Agreed, I liked this one too.  We need an updated Hondo!
    VBaskin2008
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    Can anyone tell just looking at the released images whether the new phantom #75170 is the same size as the old one #75048 and more importantly will it fit into the ghost #75053?
    VBaskin2008
    @Johnyk668  
    It looks to be the same size to me, but just by looking at these pics I have no idea whether or not the Phantom mark II will actually fit and link up with the Ghost like the original Phantom does. I agree with you that this would be really fantastic. The Ghost/phantom combo is one of my favourite SW sets.

Lets hope it does connect and can be docked to the Ghost like the Phantom mark I.
    VBaskin2008Johnyk668
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,497

Looking at the screengrab from the latest series and comparing the two sets I reckon its a yes. The back looks to be 6 studs wide, same as the cargo gap on The Ghost. Its going to sit higher up though.

The new Phantom is definitely on my list, the old version can then sit on the landing platform of Rex's AT-TE thats on route from Amazon next week!
    bandit778VBaskin2008Johnyk668stlux
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,091
    Has anyone heard of a digital release date for series 3 as I'm patiently holding off watching any of the new series so I can buy and binge watch the whole series in one go?

VBaskin2008
    @Johnyk668  
    It looks to be the same size to me, but just by looking at these pics I have no idea whether or not the Phantom mark II will actually fit and link up with the Ghost like the original Phantom does. I agree with you that this would be really fantastic. The Ghost/phantom combo is one of my favourite SW sets.

Lets hope it does connect and can be docked to the Ghost like the Phantom mark I.
    Jyn help us!
    TheBigLegoski
    edited December 2016
    httpimagesbricksetcomsetsAdditionalImages75170-175170_alt3jpg

I hate to party-poop on all your excitement, but this separatist shuttle renamed 'The Phantom mark II' might very well not be able to dock with #75053 'the Ghost'. Look at how high the back of its body is. The old Phantom slides into the ghost, and is held in place by this Lego element:
    http://brickset.com/parts/4261694
    a four by four plate with forks/hinges.
    I don't think that part will be able to clamp down on the Ph. M.II
    That is the cool thing about the old Ghost/Phantom, it will even stay in place when you hold the ghost upside down, except that the dorsal gun turret (with Zeb or which ever other fig you put in there) will fall out, and the top storage compartments holding what ever loose missiles and weapons you keep in there will fall out too (not Kanan's weapons and the one extra missile though). If it wasn't for those things this ship would be super swoosable. Still it is pretty swoosable I imagine for a kid holding on to it with both hands.
    Also the bottom of the new Ph.M.II is probably too wide.
    I hope I am wrong though.
    ps.
    No bothan spies were killed getting you this intel.
    pps.
    Don't ask me why the pic got as stretched as it did!?!
    gmonkey76khmellymelVBaskin2008stluxClutchPower
  • Boats75Boats75 IllinoisMember Posts: 23
    Looking at the picture of the MK2 it appears to have a round 2x2 plate visible on the underside. based on the angle it might line up with the 2x2 with 1 knob that is in the middle of the docking area on the Ghost. maybe the articulation of the landing gears on the side allow it to latch on to the main engines of the Ghost some how? don't know just guessing on that part
    VBaskin2008
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    bandit778 said:
    Has anyone heard of a digital release date for series 3 as I'm patiently holding off watching any of the new series so I can buy and binge watch the whole series in one go?

Amazon Prime has the season pass available for Series 3.

$39.99 HD

$34.99 SD

But you were probably wanting the whole thing once the season is over.

This though is the next best option.
    bandit778VBaskin2008
  • NuruodoNuruodo Italy, RomeMember Posts: 26
    I am the only one desiring to see more capital ships from "Star Wars Rebels" made by TLG? They only released Gozanti-class cruiser, that is the weakest ship, and Phoenix Home, that had a very marginal role in the series, since it was destroyed pretty soon. I do want to see a CR90 corvette (maybe Fulcrum's one), and I think TLG should release it next winter. But I would also like to see an Imperial light cruiser, since I love its shape. Also a Quasar Fire-class carrier (the big ship stolen by Phoenix squadron over Ryloth) would be a nice set, since it could carry mini-TIE bombers and even a mini-Ghos/Phantom.
    SprinkleOtter77ncaachampsVBaskin2008Kevin_HyattBoats75
    No you're not alone, I would love all 3 of those. I also want a Lothal built TIE (shorter panels than a standard TIE) and one of the miners guild TIE. Since they've shown up in a few episodes this would be good excuse to put out a TIE bomber and TIE Interceptor as well. I still have plans to get a get the parts together to build the Imperial version of the Corusant Police Gunship.
    VBaskin2008
    I'd quite like the Rebel graffiti'd Tie from season 1

tie.JPG 145.7K
    77ncaachampsARo2891VBaskin2008stluxGoldchainsMynattLordmoral
    edited December 2016
    Boats75 said:
     I also want a Lothal built TIE (shorter panels than a standard TIE)
    Are you sure? Shorter panels?!? The standard TIE is just that; a standard TIE Fighter, with standard size panels/wings. Or do you mean the TIE Advanced-v1
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Advanced_v1
    Lego set #75082
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/inquisitor-s-tie-advanced-prototype

The only non-standard TIE's I saw in a couple of episodes were those belonging to the mining guild(s) with the front diamond shaped square cut out of the otherwise standard hexagonal shaped wings/solarpanels, turning the wings/solarpanels into 'C' shaped ones.

Btw.
    Funny, they seem to have changed the info regarding the TIE Advanced-v1 on wookieepedia, I am pretty sure I remember having read in the past that this particular prototype does feature a hyperdrive, contrary to the standard TIE Fighter. I thought certain scenes from SW Rebels also suggest this experimental/prototype TIE Advanced-v1 has a hyperdrive. How else could all the inquisitors utilize this spacecraft when they often operated independently, and unaided by Imperial capital ships, as well as even sometimes outside the knowledge of the regular Imperial Navy etc. ?!?

With regard to a TIE-bomber, and a TIE-Interceptor, I agree, it will be nice if TLG at some point in the future develop some new sets containing those ships, as well as huge CR 90 corvette / blockade runner.

----

Anyway I just saw the latest episode, and I am glad to see this was a good one contrary to the last couple of episodes, which IMO were sub-par / somewhat lacklustre. Okay last week's episode with Hondo wasn't all that bad either, however this week's episode picked up the 'larger' story, including important and interesting characters such as agent Kallus and Admiral Thrawn.

Just one more episode next week before the mid-season stop, after which they will resume with new episodes somewhere towards the end of January next year (2017) I read somewhere.
    VBaskin2008
    Yes I'm positive they have shorter panels. If you look at the Hot Wheels Ship models they have 2 TIE with Hex shaped wings/panels. One is labeled as the "Rebels" version and is a lighter shade of grey than the other based on the original Trilogy.  when placed side by side the Rebels version is visibly shorter. Supposedly the ones you see in the first season of Rebels are produced on Lothal. You should be able to see the difference in the picture linked below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hotwheels:star+wars&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI5KuhwdnQAhXr24MKHYBfCk4Q_AUICSgD&biw=1280&bih=752#imgrc=eLVfJ3hYyAyWxM:

VBaskin2008
    Ok I stand corrected.  I just re-read the wookiepedia pages and star wars.com it appears that Ultimate Star Wars was the source for the info about the panels on Lothal built TIE being shorter. apparently it is a similar situation to the hyper drive on the TIE Advance prototype that was mentioned above. 
    VBaskin2008
    edited December 2016
    ^ I assume this is what you read?

"In Ultimate Star Wars, it was stated that TIE fighters built on Lothal had shorter wings. However, in Rebels Recon: Inside "Always Two There Are", it was said that there is no difference. Since then, Pablo Hidalgo confirmed on Twitter that Ultimate Star Wars was incorrect."  - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter

So I assume the difference in the Hot Wheels TIE/LN models is just down to the REBELS stylistic design (based on Ralph McQuarrie's concept art) rather than an actual in-universe difference.

I was really tempted to get a TIE/LN, but in the end I fell for the the Rebels TIE Advanced Prototype. That was the set that broke me out of OT-era collecting...

Yo_dAVBaskin2008
    Surely the Tie Advanced have hyperdrive as doesn't Darth use it to bushwhack the entire rebel fleet on his own?
    VBaskin2008
    According to Wookieepedia, the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced didn't have a hyperdrive but Vader's TIE Advanced did:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Inquisitor's_TIE_Advanced
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tie_Advanced_x1
    VBaskin2008

Anyway I just saw the latest episode, and I am glad to see this was a good one contrary to the last couple of episodes, which IMO were sub-par / somewhat lacklustre. Okay last week's episode with Hondo wasn't all that bad either, however this week's episode picked up the 'larger' story, including important and interesting characters such as agent Kallus and Admiral Thrawn.
    I  called it on Kallus back in October! Was so good to see Thrawn become a larger threat.
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    The TIE Advanced x1 is equipped with a hyperdrive but the TIE Advanced v1 is not, contrary to the suggestion of the Star Wars Rebels Visual Guide and several other official sources. I believe it was intended to be hyperdrive equipped initially but this was retconned when it was decided that Darth Vader's TIE Advanced was going to appear on the show.
    SprinkleOtterVBaskin2008
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    The latest episode "The Inside Man" has reintroduced the TIE Defender back into canon. TLG did produce a set of this a few years back - I wonder if a new version is planned?
    VBaskin2008
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    ^I doubt it unless it becomes a major regular in the series. There has been a very limited run based off the series in the last year or so. And with the new films coming out every year I think we will see more sets based from them. 
    VBaskin2008
    The TIE Advanced x1 is equipped with a hyperdrive but the TIE Advanced v1 is not, contrary to the suggestion of the Star Wars Rebels Visual Guide and several other official sources. I believe it was intended to be hyperdrive equipped initially but this was retconned when it was decided that Darth Vader's TIE Advanced was going to appear on the show.
    This particular 'retconning' (retroactive continuity: the alteration of previously established facts for the (supposed) continuity of a fictional work) seems really silly and counterproductive to me. Next to the fact that it concerns only a small but nonetheless important technical specification, it negates established facts in the fictional universe and line of events that have occurred in SW Rebels, which is part of the official SW canon. In previous seasons the Inquisitors did use the TIE Advanced v1 for interstellar travel, which without a hyperdrive to my knowledge is impossible in the fantasy SW universe. I don't see how the introduction of Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1, another yet more sophisticated and superior TIE fighter prototype has any bearing on the 'v1' prototype specs!?!
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Advanced_x1

And indeed I was correct when I wrote that I was pretty sure having read it before on, among other 'official' places, wookieepedia.
    I checked the 'internet archive wayback machine':
    http://web.archive.org/web/20160409045510/http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Advanced_v1
    recorded date: 2016-04-9  
    citation: "The TIE Advanced v1 was an experimental TIE fighter model of the Imperial Navy. It was heavily based off Republic Sienar Systems' own Scimitar.[1] The starfighter was fitted with a hyperdrive and basic shields, and unlike the TIE Advanced x1, the v1's S-foils could fold in around the cockpit when not in flight, conserving hangar space. Unusually for a TIE model, it had solar panels only on the inside surface of the wings, instead armor-plating the outside surfaces in order to make it more resistant to enemy fire from the sides (although it still lacked shields). This resulted in lower power output from the panels, requiring the engines to run on fuel instead of the solar reactor, which only powered weapons, sensors, and auxiliary systems. The TIE Advanced v1 was armed with dual chin mounted laser cannons, and had the ability to launch warheads, including an XX-23 S-thread tracker."

starwars4everVBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @TheBigLegoski - I absolutely agree. Originally the TIE Advanced v1 had all the same features as the TIE Advanced x1 but for a slightly lower power output due to the absence of solar collectors on the exterior of the wing panels. This was altered when the TIE Advanced x1 joined the show as it was deemed that the increased size of the x1 was not justified in relation to the prototype version.

They therefore stripped the hyperdrive out of the v1 and the 'canon' line is now that the TIE Advanced x1 has advanced shields and a hyperdrive while the TIE Advanced v1 has only basic shields.

I don't know the details but am given to understand that all Star Wars vehicles and technology underwent a process whereby the size and power demands of certain items were fixed so they could be consistent in future. For instance, a class 4.0 hyperdrive such as that on the original Phantom is supposed to be about the size of a microwave.
    SprinkleOtterVBaskin2008
    @CapnRex101        
    I always just assumed the 'x1' was just an all over superior spacecraft. After all, the biggest most relentless villain in the SW universe is likely to pilot the ultimate star-fighter of its time with menacing specifications and capabilities that match his prowess! Just like Batman always needs to have the most awesome car (tumbler!), and James Bond the smartest little gadgets (wrist watch with a laser in it, and what have you....) etc.
    So how hard is it to state about Vader's x1 compared to the v1 and other (similar) ships, it has:
    • hyperdrive of a higher/superior (better) class (1.0 being the best in SW I thought) than most other ships.
    • superior twin ion engines (though wookieepedia states that its max atmospheric speed is 1200 km/h, whereas the v1 has a atmospheric top-speed of 1600 km/h. Why are these Disney/Lucas people so messy?!) compared to all other TIE fighters, as well as most if not all other small star-fighters.
    • a highly sophisticated target tracking system, which the v1 does not have, making the x1 a most deadly thread against both small fighters as well as capital ships armed with arrays of deflector shields, and extra armour hull plating etc.
    • superior energy shields (both the deflector shield generator as well as the shield projector(s) ), compared to the v1, and most other one man star-fighters, and at least on par with the T-65B X-Wing star-fighter.
    • superior manoeuvrability compared to most if not all space ships of similar size etc.
    • a cockpit with life-support (contrary to many other regular TIE models), and some other things Darth Vader needs given his physical condition. After all he is a cyborg with his remaining severely damaged and impaired human physiology being in a state of constant agony.

Voila!

Instead of tinkering with past events, and earlier written fiction, they should just be more considerate and thoughtful when adding and writing new scripts for films and TV-episodes, that way they do not need to keep messing with what has already been established. Retconning is dirty business!
    (Though I do understand why they wanted to get rid of a whole bunch of the stuff from the expanded universe with ep. VII and all that is still to come in the future. The Exp.Un./Legends does contain some excellent stories but also plenty of abysmal pulp)

I have always been under the impression that they handled all this much better in the Star Trek universe, and that all the science fiction: relating to the in-universe science and technology is soooo much more interesting, and way more convincing, as well as sometimes even based on theories that have, or may some day even become fact.

Anyway as some of the last things I just wrote go way beyond SW Rebels I will stop (for now) here. 
    VBaskin2008
    Looking at the "way back machine" I found a shot of the Wookiepedia page about the TIE/ln from 15 Dec 2015. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20151215023220/http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/LN_starfighter

"As part of the five year plan for the industrialization of the Outer Rim Territories, TIE fighters were produced on a number of planets, including Lothal.[13] TIEs produced in Sienar's factories on Lothal had shorter, sturdier wings. This allowed the fighters to make surface landing, a feature not included in the standard TIE."

I know they showed this happen in the show a few times. Looks like another case of "retconning" like what happened with the hyperdrive in the Inquisitor's TIE advanced. 

I'm still hoping the new phantom isn't the only lego set based on the Rebels show coming next year. 
    VBaskin2008
    Rex's AT-TE #75157 arrived from Amazon today. I nearly picked it up in the Black Friday sale, but all stock was gone and it returned to £100+, got an Amazon voucher from work for some photography I did for the website and the following day there was stock at a lower than BF price. Nabbed it for 60% off. Can't wait to get started on it and land The Phantom on the deck leaving space for Phantom II to dock with The Ghost with luck.
    77ncaachampsVBaskin2008
    edited December 2016
    An interesting video just posted by star wars explained  on YouTube! Could this be the minor connection we were hoping for?

solid_striderCapnRex101Johnyk668VBaskin2008TheBigLegoskiSpeedman29ARo2891Lordmoral
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 206
    This is awesome enough, but it'd be even better if the Rebels crew gets a shout out a la "Master Vos has moved his troops to Boz Pity."

The last episode was pretty good, it'll be interesting to see where Kallus goes from here.
    VBaskin2008
    And just next to the Ghost is another Phoenix Squadron ship, a Hammerhead Corvette. Looks like the gang survive at least as far as Rogue One!
    VBaskin2008Lordmoral
    I'm far more exited about the large ship seen to the right of the Ghost. Is that a ShaShore frigate?
    VBaskin2008
    And just next to the Ghost is another Phoenix Squadron ship, a Hammerhead Corvette. Looks like the gang survive at least as far as Rogue One!
    You mean like this?

TheBigLegoskigmonkey76Kevin_HyattLordmoral
    Just watched the mid season Finale!  Was good but not as good as last week's episode. I especially liked the very last scene (won't spoil it). Just to say this was not the rogue one tie in. The rogue one tie in episodes are (supposedly) episodes 12 and 13 (a 1 hour episode like episode 1 and 2) titled "Ghosts of Geonosis" part 1 and 2 respectively.
    VBaskin2008
    "Ghosts of Geonosis" part 1 and 2. Found the Synopsis! 
    Part 1 :
    "The crew returns to Geonosis in search of a missing rebel team sent to investigate suspicious activity there, and are surprised by what they find."
    Part 2:
    "After finding a missing rebel team member, the Ghost crew discovers another surprise on Geonosis, and work to conceal it from Imperial forces."

Star wars Rebels season 3 returns January 7th 2017 on Disney Xd  (USA)
    starwars4everVBaskin2008
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    An interesting video just posted by star wars explained  on YouTube! Could this be the minor connection we were hoping for?

Saw the film last night but missed seeing the Ghost :(

Good thing I'll be going back tonight to see it with the masses, hopefully they snuck it in and it didn't get cut!
    VBaskin2008