Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Star Wars REBELS series/theme topic

Comments

• TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,415
    @natro220   
    Maul got defeated on Naboo, not Tattooine in Ep.1 According to the SW wikia Darth Sidious appropriated it afterwards.

In season 2 in episode: 'The Protector of Concord Dawn' these ships also appear. And they play a big part throughout the episode being present in all the battles. If TLG makes a Mandalorian Starfighter set, I rather prefer they base it on that episode, with a bunch of Mandalorians included in that set, such as their leader Fen Rau.

@stlux            
    Yeah I might have to try and see if I can purchase The Clone Wars cartoons somewhere for a reasonable price. They are most likely not found some where online where I can stream them or download the series.
    I only have The Clone Wars animated film, which revolves around a kidnapped Hutt baby, and honestly I did not like it all that much. 
    VBaskin2008
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545

@TheBigLegoski  Oops you're right, shows you when the last time I actually took the time to watch Episode One was....

The Clone Wars are on Netflix in the U.S.  It's strange they don't make the same shows available to watch everywhere.

VBaskin2008
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,304
    edited October 2016
    @TheBigLegoski I watched the series on Netflix; I think they also had a hand in making sure Season 6 was completed after the cancellation of the series?
    Personally I didn't like the animated movie that much either; the main thing it did was introduce Ahsoka. The series is in my opinion much better. It delves much deeper into each character and nicely shows the chancellor executing his long-term plans. The Republic really didn't stand a chance.
    VBaskin200877ncaachamps
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    @TheBigLegoski - I very much enjoyed the Clone Wars series as well and would advise seeking it out. Sure, there are some stinker episodes, but the excellent story lines more than cancel those out. I love how much has carried over into Rebels.
    stluxVBaskin2008Bumblepants
  • JezzatheshedJezzatheshed Member Posts: 158
    @TheBigLegoski - I very much enjoyed the Clone Wars series as well and would advise seeking it out. Sure, there are some stinker episodes, but the excellent story lines more than cancel those out. I love how much has carried over into Rebels.

Got to agree- I hated Ashoka (snips) from the moment I saw the Clone Wars Animated movie but her Betrayal at the end of the series was really well written and I was eager for her to return in Rebels.
    VBaskin2008
    oh and a UCS Phantom/Ghost is a BIG YES PLEASE
    dspigelVBaskin2008bandit77877ncaachamps
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Look what the postman delivered :)

CapnRex101TheBigLegoskiGothamConstructionCoBuriedinBricksVBaskin2008
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,534
    Where did you order from ? Was that Stormtrooper part of a bundle Deal? 
    VBaskin2008
    edited October 2016
    ^ The DVD was pre-ordered from Zoom and just coincidentally dropped through the door with the polybag (which I picked up separately from ebay).
    VBaskin2008
    @xwingpilot         
    Have fun binge watching season 2 this weekend!
    Let us know what ever you want to share about season 2. It contains a lot of cool episodes, awesome vehicles, interesting stories, thrilling action scenes, and wicked space battles!
    ^ I did that with Season 1 but have things on this weekend so I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to watch it. Little Miss xwingpilot wants to watch them with me too :)
    VBaskin2008
  • hmnicollhmnicoll Member Posts: 65
    natro220 said:

His Sith Infiltrator is probably still sitting on some sand dune on Tattooine (or buried in the sand). 

I still wouldn't be surprised if Lego made Darth Maul's new ship, since they tend to like to make vehicles over location sets.  It would also be a way to get a Rebel's Maul figure.  They could maybe include part of the bay of his base, and include some of the droids he had.

I seem to remember the Infiltrator being painted green and used in the Lando comic. 
    VBaskin2008
    edited October 2016
    So who has seen the latest SWR S3 ep. 'The Antilles Extraction'?
    VBaskin2008
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    What nagged me in that episode- "Why isn't the Correllian Corvette firing on the TIE Interceptors? It should be able to handle them no problem...."
    VBaskin2008
    edited October 2016
    I absolutely loved the devastating firepower of the Tie-Interceptors! Though I agree with you that you would expect the Correllian Corvette to be able to take a bit more of a pounding. Having said that, Darth Vader single handedly destroyed a much bigger and tougher Combat Frigate piloting his Tie-Advanced X1, in the previous season. Also the corvette could not immediately fire back as the rigged 'pods' were in the line of fire, yet it failed to do (if it still could?!) after evasive manoeuvres.

Can you imagine new sets of a Tie-Interceptor, and a Tie-Bomber. I love  #75150   and if those Tie models will be designed just as well as the two ships from that set then the SWR subtheme could contain another bunch of excellent sets. I also would love to see a huge Correllian Corvette set.

Anyway I thought it still was a great episode, and enjoyed the backstabbing rivalry among the Imperials, as well as of course Sabine being the star of this episode.
    VBaskin2008
    I have no doubt that the TIE Interceptors could hit that hard... On an unshielded CR90, that wasn't forcing them to take evasive maneuvers.
    True about the Pelta frigate, but Vader's TIE Advanced had upgraded laser cannons, had Vader guiding the hits, and the Pelta wasn't usually a combat vessel (and especially didn't have good anti-starfighter defenses).

I am awaiting a new TIE Bomber... It's been over a decade, LEGO...
    dspigelstluxVBaskin2008
    A young Wedge minifig would be expected too
    VBaskin2008LEGO_Dad77
    A new fulcrum! I have an idea who it could be but I will first say

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I believe the new fulcrum to be none other than our favourite ISB agent Agent Kallus.

Also did anyone else feel Ezra's pain when Sato mentioned the information came from Fulcrum and Ezra asked "Ashoka?!?" And Sato just tells him it was a codename for informants the rebellion has that Ashoka came up with. I know I felt his Pain! 

TheBigLegoskiJohnyk668VBaskin2008
    @scoiltreasa          
    Wasn't it Hera Syndulla who said that bit about the Fulcrum agents/informants?! Anyway, what you said about Kallus is very interesting. I've been wondering about whether or not he will be defecting for quite some time, as well as the identity of the character behind the voice from the Fulcrum transmission? It could very well be Kallus's voice for all we know.
    But I am anything but sure. Perhaps Kallus will not defect, but instead is in league with Thrawn, who we know is a master tactician, and who can work in devious ways.
    Either way, agent Kallus is a very captivating character, regardless which side he is on.
    ps.
    Also, I am very curious to know what happened to Ashoka, and when she will make her re-entry into this season.
    Coolguy5000VBaskin2008
    @TheBigLegoski maybe it was Hera who said that..... watched it on Saturday morning so couldn't remember! 
    VBaskin2008
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 206
    I was looking forward to the Wedge episode but thought it was just ok.  

***SPOILERS***

It was cool that Hobbie showed up as well.  Hopefully they're both on future episodes again later on, with Janson too!  I've read elsewhere that Kallus is the new Fulcrum, but I guess we're going to have to wait for that to be confirmed in-show later on.
    VBaskin2008
    I don't personally think Callus is Fulcrum.  I think he only helped them this episode, as he said, to repay the debt to Zeb for helping him when they were trapped on that frozen planet.  Plus, I think he enjoyed undermining his new competition.
    gmonkey76VBaskin2008
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 585
    I have only gotten the AT-DP the Troop Transport Army Builder and the Tie-Advance Prototype. I would love a new Tie Bomber system set and a Thrawn ISD.
    VBaskin2008
    I am not familiar with this character: Bo-Katan Kryze (from The Clone Wars SW cartoon series), but ever since the bounty hunter Boba Fett made his debut in the OT I have had a fascination for him as a kid growing up with SW, and been curious about his home world Mandalore and everything Mandalorian. So it is really wonderful that SW Rebels will focus on that mysterious and intriguing warrior cult world Mandalore and its people in coming episodes.
    Check out this article I stumbled upon:
    http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/katee-sackhoffs-bo-katan-joins-star-wars-rebels
    VBaskin2008
  • MosdvsMosdvs Dallas, TXMember Posts: 61
    i skipped pass what everone posted today...all i want to know is when do i get my Thrawn minifigure?! ; p
    VBaskin2008
    I'm a bit behind - buying each season on DVD as soon as it's released rather than watching on Disney XD...

I've watched the first 4 episodes of Season 2 now and I'm really impressed. Ahsoka, Vader, Captain Rex, AT-ATs and a new Inquisitor!

So far I only have #75082 and the Stormtrooper Sergeant polybag from the Rebels subtheme, but I can see myself being tempted by other Rebels sets...
    VBaskin2008TheBigLegoski
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    Well, i want the prototype B-Wing Starfighter from season 2 as a LEGO set. 

catwrangler77ncaachampsTheBigLegoskiLEGO_Dad77
    I've seen rumours that Season 3 will be the last (and tie in to Rogue One), and also that there will be a new animated series based on the Sequel Trilogy (can we refer to it as the ST yet?).

Has anyone got any more info?
    VBaskin2008
    Just watched the latest episode Hera's Heroes. The only potential ideas for a set would be the animals they ride on with a bigger troop transport set or the new scout trooper with flip up visor. Could be done similar to iron man helmets.
    How about when we think of posting what we would like to see from the set out of lego we do so like @CapnRex101 did his what's missing articles?

75XXX Ryloth Defence - £ 69.99, $ 79.99, € 79.99 - Ezra Bridger ( Scout Trooper Disguise, Hera Syndulla, Cham Syndulla, Captain Slavin, Stormtrooper. 

Defend Ryloth against the Imperial Troop Transport with the rebels and the Blurrg! 

Remove the roof of the transporter to seat minifigures at the controls.

Fire the spring loaded shooters from the cannons.

Arm the Imperials with the hidden supply crates. 

Fire at the rebels with the speeders stud shooters! 

Includes  over 750 pieces with an Imperial Troop Transporter, Scout Trooper Speeder Bike, a Blurrg creature and 5 minifigures.

I think this could be a great way going forward to showcase what you want from the show. Hope you enjoyed.

VBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    The last 2 episodes have been bland for me. So far S3 is not matching the hype i felt from the trailer for it. Seems too myopic, simple and uneventful but hopefully the new episode tonight will pick up the pace a bit. Only thing i've liked is Kanaan being blind.
    SprinkleOtterVBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @VBaskin2008 - I would be astonished if we don't see a Blade Wing model at some point. It is ideal for a LEGO set and could be designed quite differently from previous B-wing sets so I think it would be a good seller.
    natro220VBaskin2008
    @VBaskin2008 - I would be astonished if we don't see a Blade Wing model at some point. It is ideal for a LEGO set and could be designed quite differently from previous B-wing sets so I think it would be a good seller.
    I disagree- we just had a B-Wing model, which retired early this year, if I remember correctly. The Blade Wing has appeared once in Rebels, afaik, and didn't do a whole lot.

I think we are due for a TIE Interceptor or TIE Bomber, first.
    VBaskin2008
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    I think it was reported before the first episode aired that Rebels would only run for 3 or 4 seasons before tying back into the main cinema cannon and spawning a new animated serise. Nothing leaked on what the new serise would be but exploring the gap between Jedi and Awakens would make sense.

just watched episode 3 today, enjoyable but needs to kick into gear quickly, love the nod towards a new Falcrum and while it isn't Ahsoka I am sure we will see her again.

as for sets so far, nothing jumping out of this season for me.
    VBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @SprinkleOtter - It will be appearing a great deal more in future episodes. #75050 was retired last summer in Europe and lasted only a little longer in North America. We would not be seeing the set until next summer at the earliest so it will have been at least two years between the retirement of #75050 and the release of the new set which is long enough in my opinion.
    VBaskin2008
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    I have wanted that b wing in Lego since I saw the trailer. We have 75050 however its currently made up as Serenity and I have been told on no uncertain terms its staying like that!
    VBaskin2008
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    I disagree- we just had a B-Wing model, which retired early this year, if I remember correctly. The Blade Wing has appeared once in Rebels, afaik, and didn't do a whole lot.

No, i said a prototype B-Wing Starfighter, as in pre official B-Wing SprinkleOtter.
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 481
    Just about to watch the episode when it comes on TV in 10 minutes!
    VBaskin2008

No, i said a prototype B-Wing Starfighter, as in pre official B-Wing SprinkleOtter.
    I know what you said. The difference between the two is.... One is red, and a minimal modification to the bottom gun.
    VBaskin2008

AT-ATs!

VBaskin2008
  • MosdvsMosdvs Dallas, TXMember Posts: 61
    we better get a new AT AT set.
    VBaskin2008
    Just watched the latest episode The Last Battle. I was very happy with the episode overall. Now before I mention anything in detail

****************************************SPOILERS**********************************************

I  was very satisfied with Ezra's questioning of the Clone Wars. He asks who one to which Zeb replies The Empire which is very true. I had really thought the episode was going to play out like a clone wars episode. Small group of Jedi/Clones take on battle droids of large numbers,there's a victory and everyone is happy however the resolution was much more satisfying. 
    Also did anyone notice they've changed the Logo to look more like that from the clone wars SHOW? 

Here it is

VBaskin2008
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 206
    Just finished the episode.  It's my favourite one of the season from what we've seen so far and I haven't even seen most of the Clone Wars series.  About the logo at the end, I think it was just a one time thing that was an homage to TCW.
    Coolguy5000VBaskin2008
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 791
    Does anyone know if the series is paused atm. As I watched the series three on the net but can't find episode 6
    VBaskin2008
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    they're just taking a week off, I too was sad when I went to download Saturday nights episode to find there was no episode to download.
    VBaskin2008
    edited October 2016
    @Pate5346           
    Hi,
    According to info on the SW app on my phone, episode 5 "Imperial Super Commando's" will air on November 5th. Last episode was "The Last Battle" which premiered on October 22th.

And yes, I think it is annoying that they don't air a new episode every week. BTW. don't ask me why they do not count the first (double) 45 minute episode of this season as episode one, as somehow it is labelled as a one hour TV movie.

Anyway, this coming weekend season three will continue.
    VBaskin2008
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    I wondered why no episode to download this week.

I'm looking forward to a UCS Blade Wing and a UCS Mining Guild TIE Fighter.
    VBaskin2008
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    It will be back starting next week with the following 3 episodes titled as:

Ep. 7: Imperial Supercommandos
    Ep. 8: Iron Squadron
    Ep. 9: The Wynkahthu Job
    VBaskin2008
    Saucy_JackTheBigLegoskicatwranglerexciter1starwars4everLEGO_Dad77Yo_dAVBaskin2008
    Thought I would have a go at building my own UCS Phantom that could actually hold six minifigures. Still a work in progress but as you can see there is a slight size difference from the lego version, might be a while before I attempt the Ghost.
    TheBigLegoskiVBaskin2008