Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Anyone else seen the "Flexo" project on Kickstarter?

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    No, we all missed the front-page Brickset article.

Sorry, I hadn't had my daily dose of sarcastic yet today. Welcome to the Brickset forums!
    kiki180703Legogramgmonkey76MattDawsonMattsWhat
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    No, we all missed the front-page Brickset article.

one of the continuing downsides to Brickset having two separate and completely un-integrated locations for people to post commentary.  I renew my request for the disabling of commenting on the main site, and instead integrate/direct users to the forums to continue the discussion.

This is especially glaring on a hot topic where both the forum and the front page are commenting heavily simultaneously.
    CCCcatwranglerjosekalel
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    There was a period of time when articles posted on the main site got a thread started (automatically?) in the News subforum. I do think it might work if each article then just had a link to the appropriate thread. The comment section on the article could then possibly just display "featured comments" from the forum, but I'm not 100% keen on that idea (someone would either have to curate them, or if they were automatically generated based on Likes, then this could be abused, or the comments appear out of context).
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    issue is that front page and forum has separate accounts and forum is hosted on a external service
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    I like the idea of making a forum thread and linking to that in the article, like on Bleeding Cool - it'd keep all the discussion in one place. As it is, I'm not keen on the main site's tendency to eat comments...