Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Imperial Flagship

2»

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    Just Searched my BL orders for the Sails, I paid $24 for the set (US seller). I see that there are no more in the US but they should be cheap to ship from Europe given their nature.

[New] White Cloth Sail Rectangle 28 x 18 with Dark Tan Stitching Pattern  * Sealed in bag from set * (x7) ..... US $2.48 each = US $17.36
    [New] White Cloth Sail Triangular 17 x 20 with Dark Tan Stitching Pattern  * Sealed in bag from set * (x1) ..... US $6.23 each = US $6.23
    SprinkleOtter
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    From memory - the killers in this set are the main flag and the six reddish brown pillar pieces that male up the main masts. You'll be looking at least a couple of hundred for those 7 pieces alone!  As Sprinkle otter says though, if you're happy with subs you can bring the cost down considerably...
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,154
    edited September 2016
    ^--Nice display, but it appears you are missing 2 ships :-)   :
    http://brickset.com/sets/6271-1/Imperial-Flagship
    http://brickset.com/sets/6280-1/Armada-Flagship

Or did they just not fit on the shelf?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    edited September 2016
    ^ didn't fit.  Also one more I think isn't up there, not sure which.   They're on another table until I go buy more of those shelves.  Then I'll put the smaller ones on another shelf and spread these out just a bit.
    madforLEGOkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    didn't he make them?
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    That is an awesome display, @graphite. :)
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    @graphite I have a few questions about your shelf. Is it a who makes it, is it black, what is the size and where did you get it? Looks like it might be to put together. Thanks
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    They are LACK shelves from IKEA.  The picture is two of the ~43 inch ones in this link.  They make 72" ones and a shorter one I think.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10282179/

gmonkey76
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    How did you get the sails for a reasonable price?
    The sails are surprisingly cheap; should cost no more than $30 USD for all the sails.
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    Pitfall69 said:
    How did you get the sails for a reasonable price?
    The sails are surprisingly cheap; should cost no more than $30 USD for all the sails.
    I see, but I do not comprehend.

Though that could be said for most things... ;)
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 347
    @CaptainPirateMan I bricklinked it last year with a few substitutions, you can see them and the result there:
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/354291/#Comment_354291
    Looks good man. How much do you think it cost you?
    @CaptainPirateMan $280 including shipping in 17 orders.
    CaptainPirateMankiki180703
    Thanks, good to know.
    A couple of questions:

How much more would it have been to mot use any substitutions?

I am not familiar with all the minifigures from the set; did you Bricklink every minifigure as well?
    Pitfall69 said:
    A couple of questions:

I am not familiar with all the minifigures from the set; did you Bricklink every minifigure as well?
    I'll let @ColoradoBricks weigh in on this, but I suspect more than buying a used complete set.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    Pitfall69 said:
    A couple of questions:

Apparently this minifigure: 'The Governor's Daughter' is new €5,86 from a vendor in Russia, next cheapest new one is 6,99 from Germany via Bricklink.
    I assume this minifig is the most expensive one from the lot that belong with the IFS set.
    Of all the Lego ships I have: BP, QAR, LOTR PSA, the IFS is the best! Without a doubt the most beautiful sail ship TLG have made to this day, to my knowledge.

ps.
    I am all for a Flying Dutchman POTC ship, if and when it is done as well or even better than the IFS.
    Pitfall69
    Pitfall69 said:

Would have been about $350 more:
    Flag ~$20, 
    6x16 Plates were expensive then, like $10+ each, but GB HQ came with 10, so they are much cheaper now
    Mast ~$40-$60 and you need 6

I did bricklinked all the minfig and got a few extras on the way. I also got 4 extra canons to have a set on each side of the ship.
    Pitfall69
    So, basically, $650-700 for a new set doesn't sound that bad when you consider what you have to pay to Bricklink one or buy one used. It is obviously cheaper, but then you don't have all the correct parts, the instructions or the box. 
    SprinkleOttermadforLEGO
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ all depends on what your intended use/hope is for it.  If you want the build experience, as an actual toy, or just want to display a nice ship, I expect saving $400 by making a few subs is worth it for most people.  Unless you want to sell it at some point of course.

I've done this with my bricklinked Taj, CC, and GG.  all of them have a few subbed parts. but subbing those parts cut my build cost in half, and the sets sit on display and no one but another AFOL who inspected them closely would know or tell the difference.
    CCCBumblepants
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
    And with the money you save, you can add an extra couple of mid sections and cannons to make it even more awesome.
    pharmjod
    dougts said:
    ^ all depends on what your intended use/hope is for it.  If you want the build experience, as an actual toy, or just want to display a nice ship, I expect saving $400 by making a few subs is worth it for most people.  Unless you want to sell it at some point of course.

I've done this with my bricklinked Taj, CC, and GG.  all of them have a few subbed parts. but subbing those parts cut my build cost in half, and the sets sit on display and no one but another AFOL who inspected them closely would know or tell the difference.
    Oh, I totally understand, but you should know me by now. Oh how I love substitutions ;) I just cannot have a not so great Green Grocer, a mediocre Market Street or an imperfect Imperial Flagship ;) 
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76Bumblepantskiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,980
    Pitfall69 said:
    dougts said:

Oh, I totally understand, but you should know me by now. Oh how I love substitutions ;) I just cannot have a not so great Green Grocer, a mediocre Market Street or an imperfect Imperial Flagship ;) 
    Market Street only comes in one flavor: Mediocre. 
    SumoLegokiki180703Pitfall69dougts
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    ^ But there are elements of Bland, Uninspired, and Dull.
    BumblepantsHugeYellowBrickPitfall69starwars4everdougts
    In case anyone is interested, Lepin is OFFICIALLY making an IFS and a Monster House now.
    In case anyone is interested, Lepin is OFFICIALLY making an IFS and a Monster House now.
    And just why would anyone here care, and why would you promote illegal activity like this?
    And just why would anyone here care, and why would you promote illegal activity like this?
    I was Just sharing a factoid that I discovered today. 
  • nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 145
    Bootlegs should go in the LEGO fight Against Chinese counterfeit LEGO thread.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    As I'm sure you are aware, a number of people here have stated their interest in such products - and even purchased them.

And just repeatedly stating they are illegal doesn't make them so.

You ought to be more careful with the latter. It might seem unlikely, but LEPIN could turn on both you and, more importantly for the rest of us, this website as publisher, on the basis of defamation. If you could prove your accusation, which you would have to, then it wouldn't matter. However, seeing as TLG themselves are, at best, reticent about trying to do so with their professional international legal teams, I don't imagine that you'd stand a cat in hell's chance of achieving it. Alternatively, if you can prove what you say, I'm sure TLG would be more than grateful to hear from you.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,226
    edited September 2016
    ^ Applause!
    Lets not spread Lepin chat everywhere here. It would seem appropriate to keep it to just one thread just like we try to keep a certain type of reselling chat to one thread so people who aren't interested don't get it rammed down their throats. 
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Lets not spread Lepin chat everywhere here. It would seem appropriate to keep it to just one thread just like we try to keep a certain type of reselling chat to one thread so people who aren't interested don't get it rammed down their throats. 
    The original comment (or half of it) was appropriate to the thread, but should've been left at that.
    dougts
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited September 2016
    SumoLego said:
    ^ But there are elements of Bland, Uninspired, and Dull.
    None of which can actually be applied to Market St.  The actual design (for it's time) is pretty intricate and there's a lot of interesting part usage.  It looks thrown together, but that's because at it's heart it's a MOC designed by an AFOL like you and me.  
    madforLEGO
  • norival1992norival1992 JapanMember Posts: 11
     I believe it's the only double level pirate ship, it even has a kitchen and a hold below deck that holds treasure or gunpowder I don't recall.
  • Brinstar85Brinstar85 Member Posts: 42
    mathew said:
    The Imperial Flagship is one of those classic Lego sets.  It would truly deserve the UCS logo if released today.  From the packaging (lovely box art) to the sheer size of the finished model.  I sold mine a couple of years ago because it didn't fit with the rest of my collection (not really a Pirate fan) but it's one of those sets that Lego should "re-visit" again.  I wouldn't even have a problem with them re-using the box art.
    Couldn't agree more. The IFS remains one of my all time favourite sets and I simply could never part with my copy. It boasts a level of detail unsurpassed in any other Lego ship. I didn't think that any set could surpass the classic Black Seas Barracuda but the IFS did by some distance. The only set with a comparable level of detail that I can think of is the Sea Cow and that isn't really a pirate ship at all.
    dougts
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,771
     I believe it's the only double level pirate ship, it even has a kitchen and a hold below deck that holds treasure or gunpowder I don't recall.
    It's not a pirate ship. Imperial = of the empire.
    SumoLegokiki180703