Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset bonus ball

bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
hi BB fans

another week flashes past.  Her is the chance for the draw this week

Do any new people that have recently joined wonder what this is? It's simple answer a question, get a number for the UK national lottery bonus ball.  If your number gets drawn you win the prize.  

prize this week is a Stormtrooper Sergeant #5002938

question this week to answer is about memory " What is your funniest memory?"

mine was was going to a theme park and managing to tip a canoe with me and my now ex wife in it.  I was laughing so hard as the lake was about 1foot deep and I managed to get everything soaked and laughing so hard as she picked her handbag up with water pouring out of it,  I also remember them having a special room with dryers in it and wondered how many people had tipped there canoe in the week as the staff were very blasé about it. I love a good mishap do still chuckle thinking about it.

Good luck all

ricecakeSprinkleOttersnowhitieGothamConstructionComessyRenegade007cjhmmozzanostluxcatwranglerkiki180703LegogramtallblocktooSumoLegoLego_Star

Comments

• William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I once scored a fantastic own goal while playing football! 
    TheMaker37kiki180703
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,558
    That gave me quite the laugh @bendybadger
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 889
    Funniest memory...hmmm...not sure I can pick just one.  How about this one.  We went to a zoo one time with some good friends of ours and the running gag between myself and the other guy (another dad) was the Binturong.  Funny sounding animal name and enter "lame dad jokes".  Anyways, many months later, at my son's second birthday party, he received a gift from our friends, and it was the strangest looking cat plush animal I had ever seen...they had found a plush Binturong and gave it to my son.  (Maybe you had to be there...)
    SprinkleOttersnowhitiecatwranglerkiki180703tallblocktoo
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,623
    This is actually quite tricky. I've got many good and happy memories but funny ones are sparser.

For pure laughter it has to be seeing Ross Noble or Sarah Millican on stage. But personally funny it is probably a friend's face on Space Mountain. 
    snowhitie
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    A couple years ago, we had an event with a stand-up comedian. While the comedian was funny, probably more entertaining was the uncomfortable look on my boss's face when the comedian would tell off-color jokes.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,081
    edited September 2016
    Six is where it's at.

Funniest memory... my mother-in-law literally running out of the delivery room when a nurse called for help.
    catwranglertallblocktoo
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 906

I have a bad memory so funniest is hard. One of them would be during a alcohol fueled guitar hero session with some mates and wife (before kids) someone suggested that you cant play someone like a guitar. Needless to say me and another mate proved him wrong and we have the pic to prove it!

ricecakesnowhitie
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    Probably watching the Lego movie
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    edited September 2016
    my family is full of clowns and shenanigans, so a single funniest isn't likely to be found. but one of the more recent ones that springs to mind is: one night me, my wife, my cousin and his wife were sitting around playing Mad Gab. after a while my Cousins wife needed a drink so she grabbed a bottle of water. well right as she raised the bottle to her mouth my cousin lunged for the bottle and smashed it between his hands as hard as he could. the water rushed out blasted her in the face. the look of shock on her face was priceless! we laughed for hours after that one, her included. (still comes up from time to time)
    snowhitie
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    First date all dressed up , walked out door happy and feeling good when a pigeon lands one me
    Renegade007cjhSumoLegosnowhitietallblocktoo
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,008
    When I was at school we had outdoor assemblies and a seagull dropped on the headmaster in front of 1000 teenage boys.
    tallblocktoo
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,670
    Watching videos of a band I was in 20 years ago makes me laugh now, because we thought we were pretty good back then. 
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I was walking home back when I was in 10th or 11th grade and my German teacher's middle school aged son came running up aside of me, looked at me, said "Hey I know you!" and then proceeded to walk right into a telephone pole.

My mom had been helping as a waitress at a small restaurant in town that his dad owned which is where he knew me from.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,421
    edited September 2016
    Damn @bendybadger, this is a tricky one when put on the spot, how's about this.

After GCSEs I had originally planned to go to a different college for A-levels while most people f my friends, including my then girlfriend (now wife) planned to stay at the same school for sixth form. After a change of heart I went through all the application process for sixth form without telling anyone. First day of term, I thought my other half would be chuffed to see me...she slapped me in the face and called me a mean sod!

And women claim to love surprises :-P
    bendybadgermessystluxSalamalexbandit778ricecakesnowhitie
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I....don't remember....my mind is drawing a blank....too many drugs in my 20s....
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 246
    This is a tough one, my children make me laugh a lot (look at that tiny plane! What plane? That one *points* er that's a fly), but something that has made me laugh for well over 30 years is my brother trying to stand on a Lilly pad and falling in a public pond.
    ShibSprinkleOtterbandit778snowhitietallblocktoo
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 225
    I was a tiny kid, probably just turned 4, and we had sports for the very first time in my new class. I thought we were supposed to get completely naked... This was not the case...
    Shibbandit778Lego_Starricecakesnowhitie
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    Not entirely sure. I might be when having fun with telemarketers/scammers.
    "Yes, I do live in transylvania...."
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 549
    Watching people repeatedly stumble over a small metal pipe that was sticking ~1" above the sidewalk.
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    I have no idea either so in the spirit of a politician I'll answer a totally unrelated question.

The answer is "strawberry". 
    catwranglerLego_Star
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    Hmmm... unfortunately lots of crappy stuff has happened over the past year, which has kindof pushed out the happy memories :(

I do remember one holiday in Wales when I was a wee nipper (must have been 30 - 35 years ago), when I was after this little speedboat in a toyshop, but my parents wouldn't let me have it. As we walked away, I turned my head to look longingly at the boat in the window display, whilst my body continued moving forward; just at the precise second I moved my head back to face the way I was walking - *Bam!* - I collided face-first with a lamppost. It knocked me straight on my arse and I ended up with a lovely shiner for the rest of the holiday. But, hey... it's not all bad news - my Dad went back to the shop and bought me the speedboat to cheer me up!! (I swear that was *not* my plan).
    snowhitie
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    My dad launching a rocket by tying the two wires of an extension cord together, sticking them into the engine, and plugging in the extension cord.  All because we ran out of igniters.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Once when I was taking the family up to Canada to our beach property,as we were crossing the border/going thru Customs,my vehicle had a hole in the muffler and I couldn't hear what the customs agent was asking me due to the noise. I thought he couldn't hear me due to the noise so every time he asked a question I thought he was asking "Where are you from?" so I kept replying "USA". He eventually waved me thru and my wife asked me why I kept saying the same answer to each question,she could hear his questions clearly since the rest of the car windows were rolled up. DOH!
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Being born.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,653
    A Cricket ball.
    A Mr Whippy's ice cream van parked on the edge of the park.
    A mis-hit shot.
    A loud noise.
    An angry ice cream seller chasing us across the park.
    Hiding in an alley trying not to piss ourselves laughing.

GothamConstructionCoSprinkleOttermessySumoLegoiso3200snowhitie
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 308
    Seeing my 5y old son climbing out of our garden next to the neighbours, exiting their garden and running towarfs our front door, ringing the bell and then running whole the way back to call for his mother to open the door because someine was ringing. :-)
    SprinkleOttersnowhitie
  • MasterBeefyMasterBeefy US of AMember Posts: 121
    edited September 2016
    Once while playing ultimate frisbee at the park, my friend bent over to tie his shoe and a lone dog ran up, jumped over him, and pooped midair. The dog then proceeded to run back from whence it came, it was nasty but so ridiculous I can't help but laugh.
    BrickDancerricecakesnowhitie
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Almost accidentally catching a microwave on fire with microwave popcorn. 
    SithLord196SprinkleOtter
    messy said:
    This is a tough one, my children make me laugh a lot (look at that tiny plane! What plane? That one *points* er that's a fly), but something that has made me laugh for well over 30 years is my brother trying to stand on a Lilly pad and falling in a public pond.
    Let me guess- his explanation was "it worked in frogger..."
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,011
    ^ probably not the funniest, but dog poop related. My mate's brother showed us his new Reebok pump up trainers straight from the box and put them on. First step out of the house and straight into a runny dog egg!
    MasterBeefy
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,903
    A buddy and I released a live armadillo on the 4th floor of a girls dorm once. It made quite a show.
    Lego_StarRenegade007cjhSumoLego
  • DawnDawn GoldMember Posts: 247
    edited September 2016
    Watching my mother seating on the back seat of her car instead of the driver seat, waving her arms up after realizing there was no steering wheel back there, then proceeding to move to the front of the car yelling obscenities (she didn't see me).
    snowhitie
    A buddy and I released a live armadillo on the 4th floor of a girls dorm once. It made quite a show.
    This raises two questions- why did you have alive armadillo, and how did you get to the fourth floor of a girls dorm?
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,890
    I'm not good at remembering funny memories, but there is one that comes to mind, perhaps funnier because we'd just spent the preceding hour scared to death. 

We bought our house a couple of years ago, and there'd been a lot of renovations in the month before we moved in which involved floorboards being taken up and, as it turned out, not necessarily replaced. Our cat of the time was naturally confused by the move, so when we woke up after our first night and couldn't find him, we assumed he'd gone to hide (we were keeping him indoors), as cats do, but we got increasingly worried when we couldn't locate him and he didn't meow when we called - only once, near the beginning of the hunt. 

Turns out the builders had left a hole in the bathroom floor behind the toilet, and naturally this was his ideal hiding place... and unfortunately VERY difficult to remove him from. I had to wake the builder on his personal phone on a Sunday morning to try and find out just what was under there and how far the void extended, because my boyfriend, despite his long arms, was unable to reach the cat.... 

The builder refused at first to believe me, apparently thinking I was accusing him and the plumber of having accidentally walled in a live cat somewhere during the renovation process, and as time passed we grew more and more alarmed at the lack of noise from this normally very vocal cat. As it turned out, the void extended to the landing and into a space under the stairs which was above, and not reachable via, the understair cupboards!

We both lost it - I called my mother, asked our new neighbour round to literally lend a hand (because even after removing some of the new floor, my partner could grab the cat by the scruff of the neck, but not remove him because of his considerable size and weight, and the weird layout under there), and finally when it became apparent that nothing was going to move, I reluctantly called the fire brigade. 

This is basically NOT the way you want to start life in a new house: disturbing the peace of a Sunday morning with a fire engine and firefighters swarming around... anyway, the Siege Of Under-The-Floorboards finally ended when the firefighters brought in a special gadget, and I, out on the landing saw an angry black cat streak past me to the bedroom, accompanied by a fireman's exclamation: "THAT'S NOT A CAT, THAT'S A B***** PANTHER!" 
    PoMoPinkstluxLego_Starkiki180703ricecakesnowhitie
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 297
    I arrived home one day after work to find the my house had been burgled.  This was before I lived with my extremely tidy husband and front room didn't look much different.  When I ventured into the back room I found that the settee had been knocked over. My first thought was that the cats had knocked it over.  Unlikely I know, but even more unlikely given that I had no cats at the time. 
    SprinkleOttercatwranglersnowhitie
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 782
    edited September 2016
    I have so many funny memory's to single one out. So I will share the moment I made the most people laugh instead.
    I worked the summer of 1999 at legoland Windsor.
    While working on the Pirate falls log flume when in front of a peak que of guests, staff and a supervisor, I walked backward off the turn table and went backside first into the trough between the boats. Would my oh so sim pathetic supervisor let me disappear off for a change of clothes? No! 
    SalamalexsnowhitieBumblepants
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 96
    Seeing my friend go into the dunk tank.
    SprinkleOtter
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Most of mine, are had to be there kind of things.  I guess the best one would be my daughter, after watching us wrap many food based gifts for my dad, stated "Grandpa has nuts!"  (this goes along with her "Father, Son, holy piglet" at mass.)
    SprinkleOtterstluxricecakesnowhitieLego_Star
  • jon11380jon11380 25 minutes from the LEGO Shop MKMember Posts: 56
    For my wife, it would be when we went the fair the together for the first time. I went very green looking very quickly... 
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 320
    I was riding on a jetski as a passenger, and when we tried to splash my husband, who was standing and watching us, I was thrown off the jetski into the water and he remained perfectly dry.
    SprinkleOtter
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 155
    Just last Christmas my uncle (my mothers sisters husband) died suddenly

(no this isn't the funny part...)

My aunt loves dogs - and has 6 of varying sizes - my mother does not like animals at all. 

Because there was so many visitors in the house the dogs were kept outside, that is until my cousin forgot & opened the kitchen door, letting them all in. 

A house full of people & who were they most excited about...yep my mum. Alfie (a scraggy, beautiful lurchur) decided to jump on her lap and lick her face!

The look of sheer disgust on my mothers face (think Hyacinth Bucket) was hilarious and it gave us all a good laugh on an otherwise extremely crappy day. 
    Salamalex
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,259
    Unfortunately for the person envolved and my rather dark sense of humour my funniest memory is of seeing one of the blokes I work with walking around the corner with what looked to be white paint all over his head.
    What it actually turned out to be was the contents of what must have been an albatross sized pigeon's bowels. I hate to admit it but it is still making me laugh while writing this.
    messyjanscsnowhitie
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    Scaring off a janitor by accident. Booh was intended for someone else though
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    The time I was drinking milk, and could not stop laughing, so it kept coming out of my nose!
    Legogram
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 280
    I like to think that my funniest memory is yet to happen!
    stluxsnowhitie
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 377
    My grandma on the log flume at legoland 23 years ago. Her hair ended up looking like Don King. 
    catwrangler
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    When I was drinking milk and kept laughing so hard I could not keep it from spraying out.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    In college a guy living in the floor of my dorm got high on acid. He stripped naked for some reason and started chasing my roommate around. 
  • toftof Member Posts: 147
    Me falling off a bench backwards