Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help identify these pieces

Simonkd1980Simonkd1980 UKMember Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Building and Techniques
I hope this is the right place to ask. Can anyone tell me what these pieces are/for? I got them in job lot of Lego and ive never seen them before.
MooreFXkiki180703

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    I know they came in old train cars/construction equipment, but my knowledge ends there.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,351
    Definitely in 662 Dump Truck from 1976.  Don't know if they appeared anywhere else though.
    bobabrickskiki180703
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    They are 3145 and 3436.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 589
    I remember having these parts back in the late 70's and early 80's for my trains. They were used to make hoppers on my freight train set. The two prongs sticking up sit on top of a regular 2x4 (for example) and can tip way or the other. I'm sure someone will be able to find a pic of this in action.
    @Simonkd1980 Managed to find a pic for you here!
    Simonkd1980
  • stevecook132stevecook132 Member Posts: 112
    I know them from making appearances in sets #8848 (my first Technic set) and #856 - I'd not seen the top part either though, good to know there are other build options out there.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,315
    Could be from:

or:

Both from 1976.
    MooreFXstevecook132kiki180703madforLEGODontcopythatfloppy
    @drdavewatford That yellow claw on 387 really takes me back, with it's little spring inside to make it snap shut. Surprised I never lost a finger in that thing, it was lethal!
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    @drdavewatford That yellow claw on 387 really takes me back, with it's little spring inside to make it snap shut. Surprised I never lost a finger in that thing, it was lethal!
    Was? It's been in a couple of recent sets - most recently in #60098 which is still available.
    gmonkey76Dontcopythatfloppy
    @TigerMoth I'm in no way an expert on Lego and hadn't seen that part since my childhood, so (wrongly it would seem) assumed they no longer used it. Good to know that it's still around though. It'll be sitting in my mother's attic somewhere back in England. Some day I'll get back over there and rediscover all my old sets from back in the day.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    For many years it wasn't. What I meant was if you want... get!

The same goes for the angled tipper ends - although when they reappeared it was without the pivot pins.
    It's a coincidence that piece was in that particular train set because I almost bought it from Amazon when it was on sale. It would have been a nice surprise to see that spring loaded claw again after nearly fourty years! I might still get it but I'm trying not to branch out into Lego trains just yet. It'll be another theme to distract me and drain my bank account.
  • Simonkd1980Simonkd1980 UKMember Posts: 2
    You guys are amazing, thank you all so much. These have been driving me crazy...

There are a few other train pieces in the lot so that would make sense.

Thank you again everyone.
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 267
    Are these pieces Lego?

• BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 638
    Middle bottom is from Ninjago 2013 sets, stone warrior helmet attachment. The two on the bottom left look like Playmobil beards to me. Top middle looks like it might be Lego, a harpoon piece, but i can't tell for certain from the picture. Top right is knex. Don't know about the rest
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,823
    Middle bottom is from Ninjago 2013 sets, stone warrior helmet attachment. The two on the bottom left look like Playmobil beards to me. Top middle looks like it might be Lego, a harpoon piece, but i can't tell for certain from the picture. Top right is knex. Don't know about the rest
    Slight correction, middle bottom one is from Samurai X. The Stone Warrior ones have more wing-like "ears". Top middle is an Aquazone harpoon. Top middle-right is Ki Adi Mundi's forehead piece from LEGO Star Wars. The rest are hard to tell without a better photo.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 638
    Ah, you're right, I just looked quickly, my mistake.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,476
    Second to right bottom brown beard looks like https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=15501&in=S
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 267
    Thank you guys. 5 (4 Lego one knex) out of 10 identified. I will try to take a better picture of others. 
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 490
    edited September 2017

Anyone know which Batman this is? I cant find him anywhere.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    edited September 2017
    Jackad7 said:

Anyone know which Batman this is? I cant find him anywhere.

Looks like a Chinese knockoff. Especially seeing bad molding and fit of the pieces
    Jackad7LuLego