Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Affiliate Status Monitor

wjoeyjoneswjoeyjones USMember Posts: 11
Hey @hew I went to purchase the Disney Castle this morning and I got half way through the purchase process and I remembered I needed to click on the link at Brickset first.

Does the web site set a permanent cookie, or do you have to follow the link each time, and if it is setting a permanent cookie can you display something on the web site that tells me Brickset will get credit for my purchase?  Nothing on the [email protected] web site ever seams to indicate that you guys are getting credit.

Thanks

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    edited August 2016
    It's a 30 day cookie so if you've clicked through sometime recently it should register.

It doesn't indicate anywhere on the site but if you use Chrome or IE's developer tools to view cookies for shop.LEGO.com you should see a LinkshareCookie containing the string oSv_vWYkQIY somewhere in it.
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    @Huw I viewed the cookies for shop.lego.com and I didn't see any LinkshareCookies in there.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    Huw said:
    It's a 30 day cookie so if you've clicked through sometime recently it should register.

It doesn't indicate anywhere on the site but if you use Chrome or IE's developer tools to view cookies for shop.LEGO.com you should see a LinkshareCookie containing the string oSv_vWYkQIY somewhere in it.

@Huw just wanted to clarify that cookies are only 30 days for the UK, for the US and Canada it is 7 days. So members from those countries need to click through more frequently.

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    OK, thanks for the clarification.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,393
    Remember also that other sites' links may have been clicked on in the meantime, so there is no harm in doing it again.