Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

76039 Ant-Man Final Battle Value

stickbug29stickbug29 United StatesMember Posts: 68
Hello all!
i just have a quick question about a set.  I know a guy near me who's selling set 76039 for $50 a piece, and I was wondering about secondary market value.  I've never bought anything to resell in my life, but would it be a safe call to pick up like 7 or so to sell for profit (I've seen them for 65ish elsewhere)?  As I've never resold, I'm worried I'll buy just to realize I've lost money, so wanted an opinion.
Thanks and enjoy the day!

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    This set is being discussed in the last page of the "predictions" thread.
    BumblepantsSumoLegoBricklover18kiki180703
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 168
    Man, that's terrible value. $50 per piece makes the set, if I did my maths right, around $9000. Don't do it.

:P
    SprinkleOttereggshenstickbug29chuckpricecakeMattsWhatkiki180703RecceBumblepants
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,212
    if you do that, that guy will not have lost his time and money for sure. do they actually sell for 65$?
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited August 2016
    average price for a misb one is 38€ on bricklink!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    38€ is what in US dollars?
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    You are.
  • ScatterbugScatterbug WalesMember Posts: 109
    Ignore the European price. This is more popular in America. I'm not sure what it currently goes for there but suspect if you factored in fees it's probably not worth it.
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    edited August 2016
    Wasn't this like a $20 set originally? Seriously can't believe the resale value of some LEGO, it's a toy meant to be played with! XD I got mine on Clearance for $15, and it's a favorite on my shelves. Poor Antony! :(
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I loved Antony too!

If you wanna know how high it can go, check out the original Batman Tumbler set #7888. Original RRP was $50 and now going for ~$600 new (12xRRP). I believe it is the highest xRRP set so far (excluding special figs or sets like SDCC).
    LEGO_Dad77Bumblepants