Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

A Comprehensive List of LEGO Certified Professional Sets?

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853

I've been reading through ebay today and have come across a couple of sets that are LEGO Certified Professional, but I can't find a listing for them here in Brickset. Is there a list of the sets like the LEGO Hilton Paris Opera Hotel or this Ricky the Rooster?

stlux

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,388
    They aren't listed because they are not official sets. LCPs have produced hundreds over the years for various clients so there's no way to collate a definitive list, in any case.
    Pitfall69kiki180703stluxSumoLego
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 478
    Is it possible to maintain a list of LCPs themselves?  I am trying to collect the Cathedral sets put out by Bright Bricks in the UK, and I know they also did some fabulous marine life sets recently (and, to the everlasting credit of either BB or their client, instructions for those sets were online for a while). I know trying to keep up with LCP-designed sets is virtually impossible but it would be nice to have starting points for an internet search!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853

@sklamb Lego.com maintains a site that show the current list of LCP's:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/lego-group/programs-and-visits/lego-certified-professionals

@Huw Sounds like a new challenge... :)

sklambFizyx
  • EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
    sklamb said:
    Is it possible to maintain a list of LCPs themselves?  I am trying to collect the Cathedral sets put out by Bright Bricks in the UK, and I know they also did some fabulous marine life sets recently (and, to the everlasting credit of either BB or their client, instructions for those sets were online for a while). I know trying to keep up with LCP-designed sets is virtually impossible but it would be nice to have starting points for an internet search!
    I'd write them a mail to ask them, if you don't know where to start, there's someone at Reddit who works for one. If you can find the thread just say so and i'll give it a search, run into it some time ago.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    I'm more intrigued in the name of the fellow selling that Paris Hilton hotel set...
    @bobabricks They have some interesting things for sale.
    I've begun compiling a list of sets, part count, etc. and pictures. If that's of interest or if some blanks can be filled in, I'd be grateful.
    SeanTheCollector
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 237
    edited August 2016
    There are 7 for sale on Bricklink right now...
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Minifigpriceguide thinks he has compiled a complete list of these sets, but I'm not seeing that Ricky Rooster set on there.
    http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/complete-list-of-lego-certified-professional-sets-and-a-few-others/

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    Don't forget that these are generally commissions - some might be used for corporate gifts etc, never made public and purchased with a privacy agreement - theoretically it'd be great to see a complete list of LCP sets, realistically I don't think I'd ever trust any such list to be complete
  • sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    MorkMan said:

I've been reading through ebay today and have come across a couple of sets that are LEGO Certified Professional, but I can't find a listing for them here in Brickset. Is there a list of the sets like the LEGO Hilton Paris Opera Hotel or this Ricky the Rooster?

Where did you find information on this Ricky The Rooster Set?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,388
    Ricky the Rooster isn't an LCP set. He was given to those displaying at the inaugural Fan Weekend in Portugal in June. I have one and it is indeed very cool.
    GothamConstructionCoWilliam_Townsleystluxricecakekiki180703MorkMan
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Huw said:
    Ricky the Rooster isn't an LCP set. He was given to those displaying at the inaugural Fan Weekend in Portugal in June. I have one and it is indeed very cool.
    Any exclusive parts?
    Also, is it an official Lego set?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    I would appreciate the directions to Ricky the Rooster if someone can share them! I have many Portuguese friends who would appreciate this model! Thank you in advance!
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
    Good luck on anyone trying to collect a complete list on non-TLG LEGO sets...

Bright Bricks Milan Cathedral... not even sure if these were sets or just MOCs....

catwrangler
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,088
    And then there are these miscellaneous sets....

Dong Oil....

Ramboll Oil....

Autodesk set... front

Autodesk set back....

Autodesk set bottom....

catwranglerricecake
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,259
    Dang. My calendar missed out the year 200X.

Also, insert joke about oiling my dong here.
    ricecakebobabricksDoctorMcGannTikiLuki
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Also, insert joke about oiling my dong here.
    Ay! Those jokes are for @SumoLego and @Pitfall69 only!
    SprinkleOtter
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,715
    ^ There is no ceiling on rooster and oil company jokes.

Red Rooster, standing by...

BumblepantsricecakeARo2891EddieDoesntMindbobabricksDoctorMcGann
    @sstoroe @sprinkleOtter @77ncaachamps I have the LDD file for Ricky. PM me your emails.
    77ncaachampskiki180703
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    MorkMan said:
    @sstoroe @sprinkleOtter @77ncaachamps I have the LDD file for Ricky. PM me your emails.
    Thanks! PM coming! :D
    MorkMankiki180703
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 472
    edited August 2016
    @TheOriginalSimonB The words 'insert', 'oil' and 'dong' should never, repeat NEVER, be used in the same sentence. EVER!

Edit: unless you're into that stuff, in which case, go for it! What two consenting adults get up to behind closed doors is their business.
    MorkManricecakekiki180703Jern92
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Has anyone contacted Bright Bricks about getting access to the instructions for some of their "retired" custom models?
    MorkMankiki180703
    No. Do you have a contact that you know?
    @TheOriginalSimonB The words 'insert', 'oil' and 'dong' should never, repeat NEVER, be used in the same sentence. EVER!

Edit: unless you're into that stuff, in which case, go for it! What two consenting adults get up to behind closed doors is their business.
    Like...build Lego sets?

Like...build Lego sets?
    That's a whole 'nother thread: Lego for Romantic Reasons...
    KingAlanIkiki180703
    That Dong set doesn't even make sense... Seems like a mishmash from a toy bin and a Dong sticker stuck on there. Why does oil tycoon Luke sky walker have spring loaded legs??

this brings up a new question, do you need to have spring loaded oil tycoon Luke Skywalker to complete your starwars minifig collection? And is there a non-spring loaded version of oil tycoon Luke Skywalker I should be worried about? Is there a fleshy spring loaded oil tycoon Luke Skywalker? What about a fleshy non-spring loaded oil tycoon Luke Skywalker????

oh yeah and I thought the Ramboll set was an official set, it is on BrickLink...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    MorkMan said:
    No. Do you have a contact that you know?
    Unfortunately no. But it would be worth exploring.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    I'm more intrigued in the name of the fellow selling that Paris Hilton hotel set...
    Yeah, we all need a eBay seller name like that!  I wonder if the Paris Hilton set comes with a signed copy of Paris Hilton's famous video?
    bobabrickskiki180703
    cloaked7 said:
    Yeah, we all need a eBay seller name like that!  I wonder if the Paris Hilton set comes with a signed copy of Paris Hilton's famous video?
    Ha ha! Imagine explaining owning that to your other half because "it has to be part of your LEGO related collection"
    Here is another.  It looks like a small version first and a larger version will be coming shortly.  This one is in the church store for 35 pounds still. http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-certified-professional-limited-edition-st-edmundsbury-cathedral-lego-bricks-kit/

catwranglerkiki180703bobabricks
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,259
    Probably a good thing I've only just seen this now as I was in Bury earlier. 
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    The Dong oil rig seems ok for parts a builder had on hand; a specially made set should look more polished.
    Guys - sorry I lost my whole listing of these sets. They were on my work computer and I was laid off without notice. Poof - my whole LEGO folder (amongst many other things like 30GB of music files) was instantly taken from me. Sad. Very sad.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 450
    sstoroe said:
    Here is another.  It looks like a small version first and a larger version will be coming shortly.  This one is in the church store for 35 pounds still. http://minifigpriceguide.com/wordpress/lego-certified-professional-limited-edition-st-edmundsbury-cathedral-lego-bricks-kit/

Just by chance I was passing on the day they got them. Apparently there will be 3 versions, small (as above £35),in stock now. Large (£100 to £150) not released as yet, and a currently unknown set of something to do with the cathedral... 
    The staff are very helpful and I have asked for them to reserve the large one. If anyone is interested I'll update when it's in stock.
    catwranglerkiki180703sklamb

Does anyone know if Exeter Cathedral ever released its larger model, which was supposed to include some of the outbuildings?

I would love to purchase currently available versions of the Exeter and Bury Cathedral builds (preferably not the very smallest version, which in the case of Exeter is already sold out anyway) without having to go through eBay--is anyone on Brickset able to help with this? I'm aware shipping and handling charges add considerably to the retail total, but I'm not happy having to pay many times the original cost *before* shipping on a second-hand set of something which is meant to be a benefit fundraiser for the Cathedral. I have a good reputation here, on BrickLink and at eBay (my userID is the same for all three).

• LegobusfanLegobusfan Hampshire Member Posts: 15
    The second Exeter Cathedral came out last week. I've one up on eBay if you want to see it. I don't generally resell but I'm selling one to pay for my trip to Exeter to get mine as Exeter will not post out. There should be a third model at some stage as well, presumably once the second has sold.

Bright Bricks now number their sets which should make compiling a list slightly easier as gaps would be obvious.

Tyne Bridge was no. 26
    Chester Cathedral no. 27
    Medium Exeter Cathedral is 55.

There have also been two sets of WWT animals. In the second set there is
    Suki The Spoon Billed Sandpipper - no. 37
    Warden's 4x4 - no. 39
    Bruce the Red Breasted Goose - no. 38
    Natalie the Nene
    Katie the Kingfisher

All but Katie were available at WWT site Slimbridge a few weeks ago. However I believe they are only on sale where the giant Lego models are on display and they finished on 10th November.

• LegobusfanLegobusfan Hampshire Member Posts: 15
    Bright Bricks also do models for make and take events. To be really comprehensive these should be included as well. I've a frog and fly from WWT and an Icthyosaur from Milestones 2014
    Speedman29
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 515
    @MorkMananother one here http://r.ebay.com/QeIQgN not my listing but another Bright Bricks LCP model.
  • danstraindepotdanstraindepot Member Posts: 170

This is a nice one, I picked up one when we had the chance to visit Ashford Castle in Ireland.
    catwranglerkiki180703thedingman5stluxsklambSeanTheCollectorJern92
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,207
    Bright Bricks also do models for make and take events. To be really comprehensive these should be included as well. I've a frog and fly from WWT and an Icthyosaur from Milestones 2014
    I've got the Flying Scotsman they did at Swindon this year.
    ^You have the instructions available to scan by chance?
    St Edmondsbury Cathedral large model is showing up on eBay UK already, and is (per their website) going to be available for direct order from the Cathedral very soon. It looks very handsome, though larger-scale than the middle-sized models I've obtained for the other three cathedral builds. They also hope to get another batch of the small model to sell during December. I wonder which cathedral will be next? I'd love to have a set for York Minster, or Wells, or Winchester.... As a fan of building buildings out of Lego, I'm quite excited about this series!
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 450
    ^ I picked mine up today from the shop. Also showing a small version for box sizes.

That's impressive! I hope they put up an online purchase method soon....
  • Johnyk668Johnyk668 Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 73
    prevere said:
    ^You have the instructions available to scan by chance?
    Instructions weren't handed out, you had to build it at the show. But they then released them a couple of days later after loads of requests.

http://bright-bricks.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/The-Flying-Scotsman-Loco.pdf

http://bright-bricks.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Pullman-Carriage.pdf

Would anyone know the part number of the large wheels used, I've scoured Bricklink but can't identify them
    edited December 2016
    Just rediscovered the site about the ReefScape project done by Bright Bricks together with Tropical Marine Center--instructions for the sixteen individual sealife models are still available at http://reefscape.co.uk/downloads/.
    thedingman5