Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71040 Cinderella's Castle

12345679»

Comments

• shorroshorro AlbertaMember Posts: 10
    @kiki180703 -- appears so.  I just mentioned it since my local Lego store said they weren't expecting any this week and then would be doing first come first served on Thursdays at 6pm when they got stock in (this being Calgary).
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,125
    ^I hear you - especially with the offers TLG had over the weekend - I just need to monitor for deliveries so my wife doesn't find out the true extent of damage to my wallet this month.
    stluxkiki180703
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    edited October 2016
    It appears to be in stock here in the US on the Lego store website.  I just ordered one with success, and got double points with the free advent calendar thing.
    MooreFXkiki180703
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    >sigh< I always see these "instock" posts too late. :(
    sklambkiki180703
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 341
    For those of you that ordered through the Disney Parks app, how long did it take to process the order, and did the set arrive in good condition? Thanks!
  • itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 112
    Fwiw, I purchased in person at a Disney store and had it shipped home, and it did NOT arrive in good condition.  No major dents or tears, but the box got very bulged out.
  • JakeTheJailbirdJakeTheJailbird USAMember Posts: 9
    As of right now, back in stock!
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    my order through the app a week ago was just processed and moved to shipping today
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Back in stock boys and placed... I am so very relieved .  In fact that is the best news of the week for me .

Also ,a suggestion from you fine lot please :  both the firehouse and the Porsche are back ordered at the moment . If I am to place an order for one at the moment which one should I secure first ? ( I eventually will acquire both)  

Your suggestion could be based on set preference or discontinuation or any other metric .

Many thanks and go ahead order that awesome caste now :)
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    My Disney Parks app order is still processing and has not shipped. I went ahead and ordered from Lego and will probably cancel the other order when I get my hands on the Lego order. $35 in points and the Christmas buildup end up being better than saving $25 in tax that the Disney order would do. 
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 831
    Apparently this fits exactly in an IKEA Fabrikor display cabinet, so if anyone is wondering where to put their Disney castle, just get this: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20242277/
    catwrangler
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    Thanks for the heads-up that the castle was available from [email protected] glad to be able to order this monster masterpiece during the double points period!
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 341
    I received my castle from the Disney Parks app order today. It was about as well packed as what I've seen from [email protected] lately, but it arrived in great condition. 
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 295
    Lego store in Columbus had plenty today when I stopped by.  Csr said he was told that Lego was going to try and keep them in stock through the end of January!  Hoping this to be true.
  • vman100vman100 Member Posts: 13
    Ha!  Staff in my local store said it would be gone for the holidays by November, as would the train.  And my order from Disney app arrived - box totally crushed (but still sealed).  They put something very heavy on top of it in shipping, and there was no cushioning at all inside the outer box.  I am going to complain to Disney and see if they knock a few bucks off - my wife really wants the set and doesn't mind the crushed box.  
  • knooseknoose Member Posts: 45
    My store got 10 in today, 5 were left when I was there a 7pm. If someone wants to pay for the set, tax, and shipping I don't mind picking one up and sending it? 
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 942
    Got it this morning at the Mission Viejo LEGO store.

Just curious: Would you also buy a similar sized Sleeping Beauty castle (from Disneyland)? Not that they would release one, but with the success of this one, I wouldn't mind seeing the other castle in a year or so... and I would buy it.
    LEGO_Dad77DeeC2_Josh
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,362
    Mall of America store had some today - I didnt have the money to get it at that moment... and it's sold out online... I really hope I can get it by the end of the month for Double VIP
    Funny how these are apparently everywhere in Malaysia (due to the high price), but can't be found in other countries.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Jern92 said:
    Funny how these are apparently everywhere in Malaysia (due to the high price), but can't be found in other countries.
    In Malaysia, people have easy access to cheaper versions, and aren't so bothered about what's printed on the studs.
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    JooTog said:

Just curious: Would you also buy a similar sized Sleeping Beauty castle (from Disneyland)? Not that they would release one, but with the success of this one, I wouldn't mind seeing the other castle in a year or so... and I would buy it.
    I prefer Sleeping Beauty's Disneyland castle myself... wouldn't have even had to think about it, would be an instant purchase. This castle is nice, and I would like to own it someday, but I'm a DisneyLAND guy. :D
    DeeC2_Joshryjay
    TigerMoth said:
    Jern92 said:
    In Malaysia, people have easy access to cheaper versions, and aren't so bothered about what's printed on the studs.
    The Lepin ones aren't available here yet. But probably would be at some point. I'm starting to see how it's eating into TLG's sales.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,330
    I think it's only difficult in the US to find this set. Apart from right after the initial launch, the EU [email protected] has had #71040 in stock pretty much all the time, or at least allowed you to backorder it. None of this "Temporarily out of stock" the US [email protected] shows.
    It's back up on shop at home if anyone still wants it.  We were in a lego store today and they said they got 80 2 weeks ago and sold them in 2 days, and 180 last week and were about half way through.  Wow.  
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Guessing you're in the US @vman100?
    yep.
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    well.. for USA set of that Size. it is a good price.
    + USA go's nut's for Disney.
    after all the EU has Euro Disney ware the USA have 2, Disney World and Disney Land.
    and it would not shock me if there was a 3rd one i did not know about. 
    LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 647
    I was able to order a copy from USA's shop.lego site today.
    77ncaachamps
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    got mine from the disney park app for 315 all in, very excited
  • AustinPowersAustinPowers GermanyMember Posts: 278

Over here no problem to get it. Available from [email protected] as well as our local Lego store. I've asked at the store, they admitted it doesn't fly off the shelves as they had thought it would. So I am in no hurry yet, still contemplating whether to shell out so much money at all for one set. Especially with the Christmas season coming, where the kids will be wishing for all kinds of other stuff. Perhaps next year. My wife is still very fond of the set though.

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Jumped on one today. The double points pretty much helps to cover the taxes.
    Kinda want to get another one to stock.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Still passing on it...too much $ for a single set
    LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    JooTog said:

I would buy a Disneyland version in a heartbeat. I am not sure if I will buy this one or not - I'm really a DL fan over WDW, and while I love Cinderella it's that story/character I love, not necessarily the WDW castle version of her with all the other movie bits inside. Time will tell but I am not in a hurry, where as a DL castle I would have bought day 1.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    ryjay said:
    It sure seems like it...but looking back at past sets, this one has great value even if purchased at full retail, IMO.
    ryjaylegomental
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    ryjay said:
    It sure seems like it...but looking back at past sets, this one has great value even if purchased at full retail, IMO.
    Funny how lego does that too us, lol...all the sudden $350 seems like a good deal :)
    77ncaachampsLEGO_Dad77legomentalkiki180703SumoLego
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,981
    edited December 2016
    I got 7 of these: #4106356 - whereas there were only supposed to be 6, but only 3 of #6153582, and I need 4 - flip, it's in the first bag, and I can't keep building unless I've got it.
    Also, it's the only set with that piece, so can't even steel from another set (@legoboy can rest easy). So I guess I'll be contacting TLG in the morning. Anybody else got this? I know it's a first world problem, but had been looking so much forward to build this set, and needed a pick-me up after the sad news today.

For people who've built this, do you think I could just use 2 a 2x3 and 1x3 brick and then built on top of that plus when I get the real brick, will it be easy to remove and replace without having to break down the whole castle? Or not risk it?

Here's a picture of the location of the brick:

LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,981
    After checking all the unopened bags and not finding that piece either, called CS and it will get to me in 3 weeks. Decided to put some other bricks and keep building. Guess in the end I can break open from the bottom up and replace it quite easily. Glad I can build on though :)

stluxwardmkiki180703catwranglerLegogramSwitchfoot55MooreFX