Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

71040 Cinderella's Castle

Comments

• bluez3bluez3 Member Posts: 12
    It would be even crazier if the whole creator series of buildings was a set up for Main Street USA to go along with a whole Disney scheme. They seem to be in similar architectural styles. 
    ryjaySumoLego
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    It's interesting, I was making all this talk about making sure this set was separate from the Disney Princess line, and yet on the website listing it has the Disney Princess icon up there, even though this pretty clearly doesn't "fit" the Princess line as far as the figures go.  Interesting...and I stand corrected.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    the mad hatter it is, what i crave lego to release
    tallblocktoo
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited July 2016
    ^^ @SumoLego Your lack of mentioning a reason for wasting 135 minutes to meet two Disney employees dressed up as cartoon characters is disturbing, but funny.
    I'd say it's on the same level of reasoning as to why people enjoy wasting time connecting rigid polymer elements formed from the by-product remains of dead dinosaur tissue.

It's all about context baby, context.
    MooreFXkiki180703tallblocktoobandit778SumoLegocatwrangler
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Not sure they equate here, and I'm all for remembering that we all play with a kids toy, although I'm sure they do for some. I'm assuming (hoping) there was at least one child involved.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    SumoLego said:
    ^^ @SumoLego Your lack of mentioning a reason for wasting 135 minutes to meet two Disney employees dressed up as cartoon characters is disturbing, but funny.
    I should probably add the queue times for the Mad Hatter and Alice, Chip and Dale, and Stitch as well.  Nothing says a fun family vacation than waiting in line!

(Although, I shouldn't imply that it wasn't the best vacation.  It definitely was.)

Next time - not standing in line for characters!
    I only go to Disney in during slower times of the year. Never wait more than 30 minutes for anything, and most are much shorter than that. Strategic use of FastPass for the worst lines helps.
    pharmjod
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    Going to Disney next week, if a line is longer than 30-40 minutes I keep on walking
    edited July 2016
    Disney, mid-July, you will be walking a lot :)
    gmonkey76pharmjodkiki180703SumoLegoPitfall69GoldchainsFurrysauruslegomental
    Chubbles said:
    Going to Disney next week, if a line is longer than 30-40 minutes I keep on walking

I hope you have good walking shoes then, you'll be walking by every ride.
    ARo2891kiki180703Pitfall69
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,013
    edited July 2016
    no designer video yet?
    i love to see the video for this one.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    fastpass fellas, fastpass is the way to go
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    And it will be full of Brits as summer holidays start next week (for those not in Scotland or posh schools)
    brumey
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Going in September (end of the month). Really hoping for a not so crowded park.
    TheLoneTensorSumoLego
    how did this turn in to a i going to Disney world in X time.
    no no... i know how that come to pass.
    no one on this forum can stick to a subject.
    oh well.
    this set looks awesome. 
    how did this turn in to a i going to Disney world in X time.
    no no... i know how that come to pass.
    no one on this forum can stick to a subject.
    oh well.
    this set looks awesome. 

That's the blessing/curse of boards; you can talk about a wide range of subjects.  Look forward to this set for sure :)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    TheLoneTensorToc13kiki180703SalamalextallblocktoocatwranglerLego_Star
    Wow, seeing that video really shows the size...
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    That video is kind of cheesy.
    monkyby87 said:
    Wow, seeing that video really shows the size...
    yep it is big.
    the only place i can display it is where i have #70751 on display.
    it is also the part of my room that gets the most dust.
    i going to get this set.
    at some point.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 714
    The castle is amazing and HUGE, but I'm still a bit sad they didn't include the characters to which all the easter eggs refer.. Oh well, just hoping for a Disney CMF2 line!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,261
    Disney, mid-July, you will be walking a lot :)
    If only to keep your shoes from melting to the asphalt.

We went in April, and didn't wait in line for any rides.  Fastpasses, booked character dining and scheduled pool time when the parks were mobbed made for an excellent experience.

Except my kids were obssessed with autographs, so we stood in a couple of lines for characters.  (Thus Tiana, Alice, etc.)  But frankly, it wasn't bad at all.  It was a nice rest.

(Chewbacca and Kylo Ren were inside, so that worked out well.  Although I roped into buying a menacing lightsaber.)
    Anyway, I know this is a familitar criticism, but I hate the stonework stickers.  

Sticker Hate List:
    1) - Red Baron/Sopwith Camel
    2) - Ghostbusters HQ Logo
    3) - Cinderella Castle Stonework

And he does say 'Cinderella Castle' and 'the Cinderella Castle'.
    TheLoneTensor said:
    ...enjoy wasting time connecting rigid polymer elements formed from the by-product remains of dead dinosaur tissue...
    If you read this in a deep, Issac Hayes tone voice, it sounds completely dirty.

No naughty talk in the Forum, @TheLoneTensor... keep it classy.
    Dog milking.
    SumoLegokiki180703Pitfall69brumeyRainstorm26
    Bull milking.  Okay, this got gross.

Please disregard and mover along.  Let's talk about stickers!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 943
    Dog milking.

kiki180703BrickDancerbandit778brumeyRainstorm26ricecakeStevoRed1
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 744
    Anybody else really like that book piece? I like this castle, it's just what am I going to do with it/where am I going to put it once it's built?
    SumoLegobrumeykiki180703tallblocktoo
    flord said:
    Anybody else really like that book piece? I like this castle, it's just what am I going to do with it/where am I going to put it once it's built?
    center of the living room on the side cupboard. you dont need that TV any how.
    (if that tv is not on the wall.)
    sklambstluxkiki180703Rainstorm26
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 982
    Yep, this set looks incredible. I`m sure I`ll find somewhere to put it, but its trying to find the funds to buy this set that is going to be the difficult one. I know that I will want it on day one so I`ll see what the finances are like then. I`ve managed to hold off on (the) Big Ben set so far....!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,348
    As much as I love the look of this set and really would love to own it (The wife and I are Disney fans to the point of owning all the animated classics on DVD/Blu Ray - including the weird ones) I'm now at the point that I'm fine with the fact I'm unlikely to ever own it. It's size is completely impractical for the limited display space available, the cost is too great for the limited budget.
    I love all the little Easter eggs, but frankly I think I'm personally better off building some little vignettes for each film.
    SalamalexMattsWhatkiki180703flordtallblocktoocatwranglerLostInTranslationMynattryjay
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,115
    So of those buying it, are you going to display the front or the back? Or buy two so you can display front and back?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,577
    Yet another instance in which a lazy Susan/baseplate combo is required! 

(I kept having to turn my model round at Bricktastic so people could see the interior too) 
    Salamalexkiki180703catwranglerMynatt
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 492
    SumoLego said:
    Anyway, I know this is a familitar criticism, but I hate the stonework stickers.  

Sticker Hate List:
    3) - Cinderella Castle Stonework

And he does say 'Cinderella Castle' and 'the Cinderella Castle'.
    Are we sure they are stickers? For me it's a little hard to tell from the photos. I hope they arent but it wont sway me from getting one if they are.
    Yet another instance in which a lazy Susan/baseplate combo is required! 

(I kept having to turn my model round at Bricktastic so people could see the interior too) 

I found a cheap turning lazy susan at Wal-Mart for my Death Star.  It's the exact right size for the base to sit on, and it's amazing.  I'll need to find another bigger one for this castle then.
    mustang69 said:
    SumoLego said:

Sticker Hate List:
    3) - Cinderella Castle 
    Are we sure they are stickers? For me it's a little hard to tell from the photos. I hope they arent but it wont sway me from getting one if they are.

• brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 1,002
    looks printed to me

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,731
    It does to me too, there doesn't seem to be any edges visible. But if so, it's surprising given the apparent number of variants.
    mustang69kiki180703
    edited July 2016
    Not sure what happened to the rest of my comments.  But I sure hope they are printed!

I'm calling Photoshop sticker-edge-erasing shenanigans.  Given Lego's track record of being stingy as hell on printed pieces, and the fact they didn't call them out in the video when that goofy guy brought out the printed pieces, I don't believe for a second that these are printed.

Side note: They didn't address the archery area inspiration, nor identify what the little printed round things are when they were talking about the printed pieces.  Poo.
    dougtsbobabrickstamamahmkiki180703SumoLegothedingman5herbyderbycatwrangler
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I think I'm going to buy 3.  One for myself and one for each of the kids.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,158
    Looks printed to me as well, it's looks like there are just 2 variants of the brickwork print, just printed at different intervals on the parts.
    I would imagine that once the design to be printed has been set up, it isn't that difficult (for a company like TLG) to change where on the part it's printed or to change which part the design is printed on as I would think that all the parts are in a computer library to enable mostly automated setup of the printing machines. 
    I do think that however it's done this is a remarkably well put together set and I am really finding it hard to come up with a reason not to get this at some point in the future. 
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,276
    edited July 2016
    I have to say that my first thought was that the brickwork looks very similar to the stickers in LOTR / TH sets and agree with @TheLoneTensor that they've Photoshopped the image to smooth the edges... We'll see soon enough! :-)

I have to say that this looks like an amazing set, stickers or not and my daughters would love it... I might have to see about budgeting specially for this one and a joint Christmas present for them. Thank heavens they're twins!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,115
    If they were photoshopping  then why not do the other stickers that are obvious?
    Dtrimpi87
    edited July 2016
    If they were printed then why not show them when they highlighted all the other printed elements in the video?
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 282
    They're obviously conspiring to drive you mad.
    mustang69chrisalddinTheLoneTensorstlux
    Looking at this a bit more.  If they are printed, that would mean that there are at least 6 unique printed parts as per the photo below...

Inquiring minds want to know...
    • If they are stickers, why are no sticker edges visible?
    • If they are printed, why wouldn't they call out this massively unprecedented effort they did to make 6 uniquely printed elements?
    catwranglerBumblepantsbrickupdateMynatt
  • nhyonenhyone Member Posts: 145
    If they are stickers, why are no sticker edges visible?
    Maybe the stickers follow the shape of the bricks? They don't have to be regular shaped.
    mampepinMooreFXherbyderbybobabricks