Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

* * * £10,289 RAISED * * * 100KM WALK IN AID OF THAMES HOSPICE * * *

Comments

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Congratulations! You have completed an amazing feat on your feet!
    bandit778Lego_Starkiki180703Legoboystlux
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 198
    Congtatulation James!!!!  Oustanding accomplishment on many levels!!!
    Lego_Starstluxkiki180703bandit778Legoboy
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,467
    Medal winning performance.
    stluxLego_Starkiki180703bandit778Legoboy
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    I was a week behind, didn't get the chance to wish you good luck but massive effort there James. Well deserved rest today, a few days with your feet up now surely? Please mind your toes, you dont realise the knocks you take on your toe until the nail is gone! 
    Lego_Starkiki180703bandit778Legoboystluxcatwrangler
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Well done, get some more sleep now.
    Lego_Starbandit778kiki180703stlux
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    edited September 2016
    I'll just echo what others have already said: congratulations on f***ing crushing it.

And yes, fuck you cancer. I lost my dad to cancer, so we were cheering you on in Canada man.
    bandit778Lego_Starkiki180703stluxLittleLori
  • MeganLMeganL California, USAMember Posts: 91
    You're amazing!  I'd probably sleep for a week after that.
    Lego_Starkiki180703stluxbandit778
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 769
    I still have my pants on.  (I.e. well done!!!)
    Lego_Star
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,159
    Congrats Legoboy!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to stop in during, I was helping watch my fiance's grandmother on Saturday and had some much needed cleaning that had to be done yesterday. 

I have no idea how you finished it, but you did much better than I probably could have.
    Lego_Starkiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    With only a few hours to go; James called me to talk. All I heard was a bunch of heavy breathing, the snapping of twigs, a moan and a muffled "Sorry mate, will have to call you back." I never heard from him again. I figured the night had swallowed him up ;)

Actually, he did call back :) All I could think about was this:

bandit778SumoLegoSprinkleOtterkiki180703gmonkey76Lego_Starcatwranglerricecake
  • DexscotlandDexscotland Livingston, ScotlandMember Posts: 11
    Congratulations on your fantastic achievement James! Sorry I wasn't able to keep track of it over the weekend had work and other things to contend with. All caught up now. get yourself some well deserved rest
    bandit778Lego_Starkiki180703stlux
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited September 2016
    ^ Seconded. :o)

Does @mods work? I think you need @huw, @capnrex101 @drdavewatford @Matthew @rocao
    Apologies if I missed anyone.
    GothamConstructionCobandit778kiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,763
    Pitfall69 said:
    With only a few hours to go; James called me to talk. All I heard was a bunch of heavy breathing, the snapping of twigs, a moan and a muffled "Sorry mate, will have to call you back." I never heard from him again. I figured the night had swallowed him up ;)

Actually, he did call back :) All I could think about was this:

Can't believe I watched that. Now I'll have to edit my YouTube history. Thanks @Pitfall69
    Daraghkiki180703Pitfall69SumoLegobandit778stlux
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Thanks @MaffyD, I had to look at it to see why you would need to edit your history, now I have to edit mine, that will teach me to be curious. 

Pitfall69kiki180703stluxbandit778MaffyD
    C'mon guys!!! That video was awesome!!! It was disturbingly facinating...lol
    kiki180703
    I am surprised it didn't get more "likes". Maybe  if it had another girl and a cup??? ;)
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Pitfall69 said:
    I am surprised it didn't get more "likes". Maybe  if it had another girl and a cup??? ;)
     I think people are withholding likes out of principle ;)
    Pitfall69 said:
    I am obviously being sarcastic ;) Have you given out your 100 "likes" yet? 
    MattDawson
    Pitfall69 said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    I am obviously being sarcastic ;) Have you given out your 100 "likes" yet? 
    I'll show you the picture in ~1 week as to not ruin the surprise...
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,948
    ^that's so sweet! Kids are great...
    SprinkleOtterLego_Starbandit778
    The big question is: When are you going to go for 150k?
    SprinkleOtterbandit778kiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,319
    150k? Weak sauce! James could look into the Marathon des Sables: 251km in 6 days. Through the Sahara Desert :p
    http://marathondessables.co.uk 
    bandit778kiki180703
    edited September 2016
    Legoboy said:
    Just going through the photos I took on the day and found this.  Something Sam handed to me at 28km.

Awwwwwwww! Bless! 

(Sorry, that was too good not to repost the picture.)
    cmrt1014bandit778kiki180703
  • Lego34sLego34s Member Posts: 36
    Bit late now but well done that man.....
    Lego_Starstluxbandit778kiki180703
    Pitfall69 said:
    C'mon guys!!! That video was awesome!!! It was disturbingly facinating...lol

Just 2 minutes too long... I got bored waiting for the punchline... :-)
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • BrickstructionBrickstruction USAMember Posts: 5
    Congratulations Legoboy, you are the hero that we should all aspire to be :)
    Lego_Starbandit778Legoboykiki180703
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,211
    It's not me, but the total is now standing at £8,705.00 and 435% completion...
    Lego_Starstluxbandit778kiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,759
    ^ Yeah, my brother donated after returning from holiday as well as a couple of other donors who came right on their promise to double their level of sponsorship if I completed the walk.  :)
    MattDawsonsnowhitieLego_StarstluxGothamConstructionCobandit778SprinkleOttercatwranglerkiki180703
    I have a wee story to share from Saturday but I think I'll keep it until I see £9105.00 or more on the just giving total. ;o) 

And yes James, it's that story! ;o)
    bandit778kiki180703
    edited September 2016
    Oh God.  I didn't mess my trousers did I?  Did I??

For the record, I have no idea what she's talking about but fear my life is about to take a turn for the worse.
    stluxLego_Starbandit778catwranglerMattDawsondavetheoxygenmankiki180703gmonkey76
    ^ How do you know @Lego_Star James? All this out of context stuff is confusing. I like my boundaries DAMMIT! :-) Only kidding, but I don't think I can really call you James until I see you in person... which isn't very likely, but I digress.
    Lego_Starbandit778kiki180703
    edited September 2016
    :D What are you like James? Mud stains? No, that's not it. ;o)

Incidentally, hand wipes/baby wipes are great for removing stains. They are like little magic "that never happened!" wipes those things are! :o)

@MaffyD his picture is in the 5th post on this page. He's the one wearing the medal if that helps! ;o)
    stluxbandit778kiki180703
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 115
    @MaffyD you can call him the artiste formerly known as flump if that helps?
    Lego_Starstluxbandit778LegoboycatwranglerMaffyDkiki180703
    Want to hear something funny?  Or not so much.

Received a text message from Sam's football coach this evening reminding us of the town's 13 mile Boundary Walk in two and half week's time.  We only do it to raise a little extra money for the club but might just give them the money on this occasion.  Sam won't thank me for it though.  We'll see.

Both pairs of my boots developed faults during the walk and were returned to the store on Monday.  On the first, the inside lining disintegrated and collapsed onto my toes and was respon Sible for my nail problem and in addition, the sole starting to fall off.  The second and these I am most upset about are those that I trained in and crossed the finish line in.  The seam split inside.  It had already started to go a couple of months ago but it finally gave way on Sunday morning.  A replacement is awaited but hey, like hell am I going to break them in before October.  Lol, like hell are my 9 toe nails going to grow back before October.  Flipflops?

Renegade007cjhLego_Starbandit778catwranglerstluxkiki180703
    Legoboy said:
    Want to hear something funny?  Or not so much.

Received a text message from Sam's football coach this evening reminding us of the town's 13 mile Boundary Walk in two and half week's time.  We only do it to raise a little extra money for the club but might just give them the money on this occasion.  Sam won't thank me for it though.  We'll see.

Both pairs of my boots developed faults during the walk and were returned to the store on Monday.  On the first, the inside lining disintegrated and collapsed onto my toes and was respon Sible for my nail problem and in addition, the sole starting to fall off.  The second and these I am most upset about are those that I trained in and crossed the finish line in.  The seam split inside.  It had already started to go a couple of months ago but it finally gave way on Sunday morning.  A replacement is awaited but hey, like hell am I going to break them in before October.  Lol, like hell are my 9 toe nails going to grow back before October.  Flipflops?

I would rather lose all of my toenails than walk any distance in flip flops. They are designed to torture your feet.