Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

* * * £10,289 RAISED * * * 100KM WALK IN AID OF THAMES HOSPICE * * *

Comments

• raygunnraygunn Member Posts: 91
    My prize of the Bricktober Town Hall and City Firefighters arrived today having safely made it over the Atlantic. A big thank you to @SumoLego who generously donated a number of different prizes and good luck to @Legoboy.
    stluxLegoboyGothamConstructionCobandit778TheOriginalSimonBcatwranglerSumoLegoLego_Starkiki180703
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Congrats on the tying the knot Mr. & Mrs. Scrumper!!
    LegoboyPitfall69scrumpersnowhitieLego_Starkiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    raygunn said:
    My prize of the Bricktober Town Hall and City Firefighters arrived today having safely made it over the Atlantic. A big thank you to @SumoLego who generously donated a number of different prizes and good luck to @Legoboy.
    Happy it made it over in one piece!
    bandit778Lego_Starkiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    ^Hopefully it made it in pieces ;)
    SumoLegobandit778BumblepantsLego_StarricecakeHugeYellowBrickkiki180703kez
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,460
    @SumoLego You need to ask Dr Schrodinger for help...
    catwranglerSprinkleOtterLego_Starbandit778ricecakeSumoLegogmonkey76kiki180703
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    SumoLego said:
    It was difficult to get the cat in the box.  
    Funny, my cats tend to crawl into boxes on their own.
    Lego_Starkiki180703GoodCoffeeJoeySumoLegobandit778stlux
  • GoodCoffeeJoeyGoodCoffeeJoey Member Posts: 82
    Calv said:
    SumoLego said:
    Received this courtesy of @SumoLego
    It was difficult to get the cat in the box.  
    Can we see pics of the completed sets after the cat built them....

I'll try but it's to get a good shot of the chewed packages and the pieces scattered and hidden throughout the house.
    SumoLegobandit778stluxLego_Starricecakecatwranglerkiki180703
    Pitfall69 said:
    This has been going on for a very very long time ;)
    This post will be completely unappreciated.  This made me laugh out loud.
    bandit778Pitfall69TheOriginalSimonBLego_Starricecakekiki180703
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    Yep, coming down with something.  Right on cue.

Was confirmed on Wednesday my eldest has whooping cough.  I said to someone a moment ago, Joe is in for a world of pain if he's done this.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,948
    edited September 2016
    ^ can't give that a like!
    Sorry to hear that, hope you will both be okay. Have you been vaccinated? Hope it's just a simple one day bug for you and that Joe recovers quickly.
    Legoboybandit778kiki180703
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 871
    Whooping Cough doesn't sound good. Hope you are both OK.

Good luck.
    Legoboybandit778kiki180703
    Calv said:
    Whooping Cough doesn't sound good. Hope you are both OK.

Good luck.
    Oh, and forgot to mention, sciatica.  Numb right leg.

Think I'm just going to find a big f*cking hole and bury myself.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,460
    There has to be a limit to the bad luck, surely!
    MattDawsonsnowhitiebandit778kiki180703Legoboycatwrangler
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    If it weren't for bad luck @legoboy would have no luck at all. Put a good blues album on and cheer yourself up :). Sciatica is a real bitch and whooping cough sounds like no fun either. Wishing you all the best and keep that chin up!
    bandit778Legoboycatwrangler
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,758
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    This has been going on for a very very long time ;)
    This post will be completely unappreciated.  This made me laugh out loud.
    Your post, or @Pitfall69's post? I enjoyed his. Yours, I have no idea about :-)
    SumoLegokiki180703Pitfall69
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    @Legoboy I feel your pain, literally, I suffer with sciatica myself and it sucks but with the right stretches you learn to cope with it.

If Joes as strong as his old man he'll get over the whooping cough in no time.

Stay strong Buddy.
    bandit778kiki180703Legoboycatwrangler
    Bonus pic of Black Panther pursuing Captain America.

I should have included Bucky!
    GoodCoffeeJoeybandit778catwranglerLegoboy
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    @Legoboy

This is my go to rescue when coming down with something: squeezy honey and a freshly cut slice of lemon, then fill the mug with boiling hot water, stir well, and drink as soon as you won't burn your tongue. Whilst you wait have a mini steam with your face just inches from the top of the mug.

Hope you are both ok.
    bandit778LegoboycatwranglerCommanderRaab
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 871
    Whooping cough and Sciatica - what a combination. :-(

My mate had sciatica - not nice - and he wasn't walking 100km.

You are one brave or..... soldier, but once again good luck.

bandit778MattDawsonLegoboykiki180703
    Joe's alright in himself.  Just lots of coughing and sick for the next few weeks I guess.  He's off to the skatepark shortly.

Down to the chemist this morning to grab some Deep Heat and pack myself full of Nurofen but not expecting miracles.  God knows what's caused this.  Not like I've been walking miles or doing anything to aggravate it.

Shockwave treatment on Tuesday and physio on Wednesday.  Hopefully one of them can shed some light.

Thanks.
    Lego_Starkiki180703GothamConstructionCocatwranglerbandit778Bricklover18SumoLegoMattDawson
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    I was suffering from sciatica for about 6 months and the pain was unbearable every minute of every day. Couldn't lie down, sit or stand without excruciating agony, let alone walk... never mind walking 100km. Sir, I salute you!!!
    bandit778kiki180703SumoLegoLegoboyGothamConstructionCo
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Legoboy said:
    Joe's alright in himself.  Just lots of coughing and sick for the next few weeks I guess.  He's off to the skatepark shortly.

Down to the chemist this morning to grab some Deep Heat and pack myself full of Nurofen but not expecting miracles.  God knows what's caused this.  Not like I've been walking miles or doing anything to aggravate it.

Shockwave treatment on Tuesday and physio on Wednesday.  Hopefully one of them can shed some light.

Thanks.
    Stop by 22 Acacia Avenue and ask for Charlotte; she'll fix you right. Mention my name and you might get in for free ;)
    bandit778LegoboyTheOriginalSimonBadiemcSumoLegokiki180703MattsWhatDexscotland
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,103
    ^ yay, another Iron Maiden reference.
    Nice to know  I'm not the only old headbanger that listens to that stuff. 
    LegoboyTheOriginalSimonBPitfall69catwrangleradiemcSumoLegonexanderkiki180703Dexscotland
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Legoboy said:
    Looks like Joe might be in for a kick-in.

Took him to the out-of-hours this evening about his whooping cough and she happened to ask if anyone else in the family was showing signs of infection.  I mentioned it hurt when I swallowed and sure enough, glands and temperature are up.  Not confirmed what's up as I'm not showing any symptoms other than swollen glands but explains my tiredness and iffyness. 

This has got to be one of the biggest piss takes in the history of piss takes.  I swear Mum is having a laugh up there.  She said a few years ago I wouldn't be able to do it and I reckon she's trying her damndest to make sure she doesn't lose.   Lol.

On a positive note, had a physio appointment this afternoon which seems to have eased my pain dramatically.  She spent half an hour stretching my right hip and bum cheek and boy has it helped?  I had seen the GP earlier this morning who gave me anti inflammatories and pain relief so not sure whether the physio is to thank or the drugs, but so much better.

Feeling generally happy about the weekend but apprehensive about anything else that might fancy surprising me between now and then.  They say they come in threes and I reckon I've only had my first of the 5th batch.

Here's a little inspiration for you:
    A local layer here (my family has used him a few times, so I sort of know him) ran a marathon last year.

He's somewhere around 90.
    Sure, he came in dead last, after they were taking down the finish line, but still...
    SumoLegobandit778stevecook132bendybadgerkiki180703
    (^ It wasn't me.  I finished 2nd to last.)
    SprinkleOtterbandit778bendybadgerkiki180703
    SumoLego said:
    (^ It wasn't me.  I finished 2nd to last.)
    I can attest to it not being sumolego. I haven't met him yet- our meetup seems divinely opposed.
    11th commandment: Thou shalt not trade!
    bandit778bendybadgerkiki180703
    edited September 2016

Donations continuing to appear on my JustGiving page from both friends and Brickset members, so a BIG thank you to you all.  Simply unbelievable the level of support you've shown.

The doctor and physio are relatively confident the sciatica is due to a pulled muscle right next to where the sciatic nerve leaves my spine.  They’re content that the spine and its discs are intact so prescribed more anti-inflammatories and painkillers.  Told me again to expect pain this weekend but nothing new there.

Physio went well this morning and received quite a bit of relief from it.  They warned that the ultrasound might leave me a bit tender tomorrow and urged me not to panic as it was just the effect of blood rushing to affected spot.  One final day at work tomorrow before I put my feet up on Friday and watch films and eat fizzy cola bottles all day.  I was looking for a final physio appointment on Friday but I think I’d be better off leaving things be.

Weather’s not looking to be so great on Saturday so just put an urgent order into the outdoor shop for some wet weather gear.  Groan.

Counting the days down, soon to be hours.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/James-Camplin

stevecook132Lego_Starsnowhitiestluxbandit778GothamConstructionCoRenegade007cjhkiki180703Pitfall69
  • stevecook132stevecook132 Member Posts: 112
    Are you going to be doing live updates on Saturday...?

Just kidding (mostly), but we can all post additional messages of support on here to keep you going if you need it. Feels strange to be pleased to hear that your Sciatica diagnosis is muscle related, but that is because I suffer from two bulging discs squashing the sciatic nerve on my RHS so knowing that your discomfort is less then mine is good news - especially as you are walking some daft distance with it! At least I only have to stand up all the time :-)

I hope the anti-inflammatories and painkillers work, I have lots of things crossed that the weather holds out for you.

Best of British ;-)
    snowhitieCalvstluxLegoboyLego_Starbandit778kiki180703
    Are you going to be doing live updates on Saturday...?

I did consider it and I'm sure I will be tempted early on, but in all honesty I'm not sure how sound-a-mind I'll be in.  We'll see.

I'll be tracked electronically  by a tag or possibly my bib for which I was told this morning goes live tonight.  No idea how it works or how frequent it logs where I am but I might (if I'm feeling brave enough) share that with you later.  I have a feeling it will be picked up as I pass over a pad or through a gate near to a rest stop but that won't be particularly frequent.
    Lego_Starstevecook132stluxbandit778snowhitieGothamConstructionCokiki180703
    and eat fizzy cola bottles all day. 
    Never tried them before. Will they be glass or plastic?
    Either way, let us know what they taste like. ;)
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 494
    Given the time difference and my own peculiar hours, I'm not likely to be able to follow you live anyway, but rest assured I'll be thinking of you and sending my best thoughts your way.
    Lego_Starkiki180703bandit778stlux
    sklamb said:
    Given the time difference and my own peculiar hours, I'm not likely to be able to follow you live anyway, but rest assured I'll be thinking of you and sending my best thoughts your way.
    The walk will be round the clock plus some so you might well catch a bit of live action.  ;)

Really apreciated, thank you.  :)
    SprinkleOtterLego_Starkiki180703bandit778GothamConstructionCostluxstevecook132
    It's all happening here.....

adiemcsnowhitieMattDawsonPitfall69GothamConstructionCostluxbandit778Lego_Starkiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,317
    If the minimum donation were not £2, I'd donated £.54 ;)
    But seems somebody already "ruined" it anyway, and the tally now stands at £7,792.23!
    Legoboybandit778Lego_Starkiki180703
    edited September 2016
    stlux said:
    But seems somebody already "ruined" it anyway, and the tally now stands at £7,792.23!
    Wrong!

bandit778stluxLego_StarGothamConstructionCokiki180703
    I hate to be wrong and always am an insufferable know-it-all, but in this case I'll let it slide and am extremely happy to be wrong! :)
    Lego_StarLegoboybandit778kiki180703
    BUT... An opportunity has actually presented itself for me to be an insufferable know-it-all: 

LegoboyLego_Starbandit778GothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    :D

£9000 before Saturday? 
    stluxLegoboybandit778snowhitiekiki180703
    If that box of Team GB CMF's gets sold, I guess £9000 should be easy?
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24341/uk-fs-sealed-box-of-team-gb-minifigures-thames-hospice#latest
    LegoboyLego_Starbandit778snowhitiestevecook132Pitfall69kiki180703