Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Just picked up a Friends set

streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
edited December 2011 in Collecting
Went to my local toy shop and was happily surprised to see a bunch of Friends set. Everything was on the shelf except for Olivia's house, the dog show, and the talent show. The girls decided to get 3931, Emma's pool or something like that for 6 euros. Nice little set. Paired Emma up with the French artiste CMF series 4 and the two got along very well.

How does the fig compare? I don't know Polly Pockets or even Belville, I know Playmobil. The figs are a cross between Playmobil and LEGO. Emma's got big, big eyes, a sweet face, a raised button nose (!), with a pointed chin (!!). Her hair is rubbery and very detailed with a braid. Beautiful printing on her shirt with a metallic flowery graphic, and her shoes are printed, too. When you put the artist beside her, she's about a 1 cm taller. Comes in the same number of pieces as a reg fig - head, torso, legs, hair. Her proportions are the most dramatic difference - she's elongated, longer arms and longer legs and skinny like hell. Full articulation everywhere -head spins, arms turn, torso bows - except for one key area: her legs are like playmobil figs, fully immobile, you can't do a split like you can with the regular figs.

The set itself is small but nice, beautiful pastel colours like pale pink and lime green. The pool has some nice transparent blue pieces.

The girls liked it, so we might get the treehouse 20e or cafe 30e when it goes on sale.

Comments

• giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    That's really nice for the pastel colors, which are rarer. I'm still not a fan of the non-standard figures, so I'll limit my purchases next year. Unknown which figures my daughter will like. She's not yet playing with her Duplos much .
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Wow, where was this?
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    France
    I'd love to get one of the smaller sets by Xmas. Can you help a guy and his kid out? Would you be up for a trade? My store is here:
    http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=sidersdd
    edited December 2011
    Where are you in the States? I don't have a problem doing a trade. To ensure it gets to you in time for Christmas, you may have to consider express international delivery which could be expensive just for the shipping alone.

I will say I don't think France has a monopoly on newly released sets, and I would bet that there's a good chance Friends might pop up on store shelves stateside before Christmas. Remember that the Superheroes official release date is the 15th, but already there have been many in-store sightings.

Let me know what you decide.

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    @streeker - I'd also be interested, I'm in the UK. If there's anything in my store you fancy for a trade, let me know.
    Thanks
    http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Savage_steel
    I'm in Indiana. Yeah, I don't want the uber-express. I'm willing to take my chances on regular air-mail on a small set. What's the smallest set, and what's the cost?

And yes, I'm hoping Friends pops up in some of the stores before then.
    The smallest set was the set that my girls got for 6 euros 3931. Here is the link

http://thebrickblogger.com/2011/10/2012-lego-friends-pictures/

I have never mailed anything to US before, so I am getting some expensive figures when using the postal calculator for La Poste. I'll have to go and do some checking.
    I'd be ok with a padded envelope and flattened set box if that helps.
  • LeelaLeela Member Posts: 53
    It's already in the stores? And I thought it's supposed to be released in April. Less time to collect money to get all the sets, not good.
    So I guess the Friends' hair don't fit the regular minifigs?
    I think these figures are cute but they will be replaced with my homeless minifigures :)
    edited December 2011
    @sidersdd @Savage_Steel

Please check your inboxes.

The Friends fig's hair is interchangeable with regular minifigs. None of the other parts are - torso, legs, head. Emma is the same height as CMF Cleapatra, so look at any LEGO female with a wedge piece and there's your Friends fig in scale. I'll see if I have time to download a pic.
    Edit: Sorry. I'll download the pic tomorrow. Just don't have the time tonight.
    edited December 2011
    Got a reprieve from my boss. Here are the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]N08/6495395109/in/photostream/

can't figure how to post a pic, so i'll just give the url link
  • LeelaLeela Member Posts: 53
    The Friends fig's hair is interchangeable with regular minifigs.
    Yay! Great news, thanks for the info. So not only my future Friends figs will be homeless but also bald ;)

• giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    ^ haha.
  • Blue1dotBlue1dot Member Posts: 78
    I like the hair, thanks for the pics, great to make comparisons.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    @sidersdd, did you obtain any friends sets yet? I ask because I was at my local target yesterday and they had none, but I was there again tonight and they had the Emma set.
  • legomaniaclegomaniac Member Posts: 12
    Target in Stockton CA, Trinity Parkway has two of Olivia's House.