Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

*** Legopants' "GERMANY'S OUT" DFB Footballer Set "Lottery-To-Buy-At-RRP" Shizzelle ***

LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,964

Roll up, roll up, again!

To mark Germany's tragic exit from Euro 2016, I've decided to do another "Lottery-To-Buy-At-RRP" shizzle.
I was saving it until the final (expecting the German team to ease through), but seeing as they've been knocked out, there's not much point in waiting :-) 

Anyway, here's another chance for a lucky Bricksetter to obtain a complete set of DFB Footballers (71014) for just 50 EUR.

All 16 bags have a 3cm cut along the top of the bag (just above the bar code) to allow identification of the minifigs. Each bag has been labelled and put in its own zip-loc bag.

Terms and conditions:
- The lottery is open worldwide and there is no limit to the number of people who can enter.
- Anyone can enter (doesn't matter if you've got a set already).
- One entry per person.
- The cut-off point for entries will be 22:00 Germany time (UTC +2:00) on Tuesday, 12th July 2016 (timestamp of post).
- Each entry will be assigned a number.
- The list of entries will be posted here on Wednesday, 13th July 2016.
- The winning number will be selected at random using a Random Number Generator app on my mobile phone and announced here at 22:00 Germany time (UTC +2:00) on Thursday, 14th July 2016.
- By entering, you are saying that you are happy to buy the set for 50 EUR and pay for shipping to your country of residence (recorded and tracked shipping without insurance to e.g. UK/US costs 6.20 EUR).
- Payment in EUR via PayPal gift option.

To enter:
Simply post an answer to this incredibly difficult and thought-provoking question:
If you were a Super Hero/Villain, what name would you choose for yourself and what would be your special skill/power?

Please PM me if anything is unclear.

Good luck! :-)

LostInTranslationkiki180703bandit778iso3200DaraghnychromastonemessydavetheoxygenmanLegoboybobabricks

Comments

• CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    edited July 2016
    Pessimist Man - "I'm probably not going to save anybody or anything..."

edit #1 oh man, first post. This probably means I'm not going to even win a chance to purchase something :( . Better luck next time. 

Edit #2, I just realized there probably isn't going to be a next time.

Edit #3, Thanks for noticing me...

(Thanks for putting this on #Legopants you are the hero!)
    LegopantsLostInTranslationkiki180703bandit778obi_gsnowhitie
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,501
    Lego pants Man
    Legopants
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    MegaBlokMan. My power would be lightening fast cloning.
    Legopants
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    WTFman. 

Superpowers - Absolutly none, I go into a phone both as mild mannered bandit778,

and find myself arrested for trying to change my clothes in a glass sided box.
    (There really is no privacy in a 3' square box when you bend down trying to pull spandex tights up)
    Legopants
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 319
    Penniless Man - My power would be spending excessively on LEGO

Legopantsbandit778
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    This is actually one that we made up the other day when one of my kids was being particularly obstructive:

Negative Boy - disagrees with everything and then it just happens. 

Bystander: "Oh no, the bridge is out and that bus full of schoolchildren is heading for certain doom"

NB: "No it's not". (Bridge reappears)

Nemesis: "Ha ha ha Negative Boy. Now I will destroy you and take over the world"

NB: "No you won't" 

But it ends badly for Negative Boy:

Saved Damsel: "You are my hero, and you have the best superpower"

NB: "No I don't."

Legopantssnowhitie
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
     Hey-What's-That-Over-There Guy

with the ability to distract any adversary by pointing, shouting "Hey, what's that over there?" thus being able to escape any danger...

hey at least it's an attainable idea.
    LegopantsGothamConstructionCosnowhitie
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Mr Complete - super power: to actually finish what I started. 

Might mean a few more MOCs get further than the planning and brick purchase stage! 
    Legopants
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    The Beer Monkey

I'd have hollow legs. 

LegopantsLego_Starsnowhitie
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    The Magic Time Traveling Lego Figure 

My ability would be time traveling back into time to get all the Expensive Exclusive sets that I missed out on in my dark ages. 
    Legopants
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 150
    DOT Kid

> ability to decipher dot codes on minifig packs in a split second regardless of the lot number

LegopantsWilliam_Townsleysnowhitie
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I'd be named 'Justice' with the powers of Mind reading and ability to hypnotize others into speaking the truth. "No more secrets"
    Legopants
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,378
    Oldtodd33 Man with the power to find and acquire old sealed Lego sets practically free of charge. 
    Legopants
  • mediumsnowmanmediumsnowman USAMember Posts: 40
    Mr. X - With X-day vision to check sealed CMF packets! 
    Legopants
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 722
    Captain Glare.

Super power;
    Changing social attitudes and behaviour with the raising of an eyebrow from across the room.
    Legopants
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 237
    Mega Messy: Indifferent villain; able to generate havoc through an ability to cause a complete shambles without any conscious effort.
    Legopants
  • raygunnraygunn Member Posts: 90
    I'll give this a go... "Lottery Guy" - special power the ability to win Legopants' footballers minifigures lottery.  ;-)
    Legopants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    I'm not that clever, so I'd just want Daredevil's powers.  But I would go by the name: Sexton Hardcastle.
    Legopants
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 478
    edited July 2016
    Speaks Wisdom To Corporations--special power being the ability to have feedback containing criticisms of corporate procedure taken seriously by the powers that be, leading to an improvement in customer service, the corporate bottom line, and universal happiness. Yes, I know it's a fairy tale, not a Super Hero plot, but after spending three hours today trying to find out how my credit card account was compromised, it's all I really want out of life. (Heaves a long, very heavy sigh....)
    LegopantsBrickDancer
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 180
    Oxygen Man - i could make my own oxygen for underwater, space or other hostile environs!
    Legopants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    I would be Bumblepants - a hapless goober who accidentally foils the bad guys with goofy antics like Pink Panther or other shows like that.
    LegopantsSumoLegosnowhitie
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,694
    Legoboy - The power I'd share would be to never grow up.  Forever young.
    LegopantsGothamConstructionConychromastonesnowhitie
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,944
    I would be Statto, and my superpower would be being able to recall obscure facts and statistics about niche subjects that nobody else really cares about.

Sometimes I think I'm already living this dream.
    LegopantsGothamConstructionCoMattsWhatsnowhitiepalmers9grb
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 918
    Teal93mr2 - a Toyota sports car that goes back in time like the Delorean!
    LegopantsBumblepantsBrickDancer
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 476
    i would be "too much caffeine man" (which i must confess to borrowing the idea from shannon wheeler). my power would be lethargy until i consume caffeine, and then i become excitable, energetic, and easily distracted (avoiding the obvious joke there) :)
    Legopants
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I would be the Procrastinator.  "So Dr Evil your plan to blow the world in 24hrs time?  We will see about that.  But first I have got a few thing to get on with so I will get back to you tomorrow and don't think I won't because I will. Honest"
    Legopantssnowhitie
  • ryderfanryderfan Member Posts: 15
    Second-Chance Man
    The ability to go back in time and do some key life choices/events over for a better outcome.
    Legopants
  • immenstaadimmenstaad germanyMember Posts: 3
    i would like to be the dolphin man. hot summer, being always in the water and speeding fast like a dolphin:)
    Legopants
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    I'd be like this guy, except with Lego pieces. I think I would be a villain, going around turning stuff into Lego bits. My name would be " Captain Dude Who Turns Stuff Into LEGO® Pieces".

Legopants
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 165
    "The IT Guy" - able to ignore users and keep the network up without their meddlesome interaction.  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Operator_From_Hell (sorry about the PG-13 language.......)
    Legopantsbendybadger
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,395
    edited July 2016
    Maybe this is just a symptom of my weariness of constantly traveling, but I would be Traffic Master...able to telepathically create road congestion, change stoplights to red, produce speed traps, cause GPS devices to malfunction, generate parking tickets, and even increase the length of security/check-in lines at airports among other abilities.

Actually, I have a hunch there may already be a super villain that does this...at least it always seems that way when I have to go somewhere.
    Legopants
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    I'd be turn unhealthy yummy food healthy woman - well the name says it al really, have you all had your five sweets a day yet?
    (Why am I thinking of @bendybadger while writing this ? )
    Legopantskiki180703bendybadger
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 212
    Villain: Ultra Schadenfreude, deriving my super strength from others' misery

Superhero: Immortal, self-explanatory

Thanks for the raffle.

Legopants
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 127
    Hero:  Anti-OrangeWoman

Super powers: Turn hate into love and save the USA from Trump-mania and therefore save the entire world from destruction.   
    LegopantsBricklover18Bumblepantssnowhitie
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 127
    BEEKUZZ said:
    Hero:  Anti-OrangeWoman

Super powers: Turn hate into love and save the USA from Trump-mania and therefore save the entire world from destruction.   
    Actually, that might be AntiOrange Woman!!  
    Legopants
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    edited July 2016
    I'd be " The Compstonator " with the ability to turn all garden waste into compost immediately. 

Boring I know, I've had enough of travelling to the tip or burning it though. 
    Legopants
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    Name: 'Elixir'

Ability: Power to imbue a cup of tea (or any drink) with whatever power-giving property so desired at that moment.

Need to look great? Cuppa tea.
    Need more money? Cuppa tea.
    Need super strength/charm/speed? Cuppa tea.
    Need to be... You get it. 

Elixir's cuppa tea solves everything. 
    LegopantssnowhitieBrickDancerLego_Star
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    4D - with the ability to move through/into the 4th (spacial) dimension.  If you have read Flatland, you will understand this ability, if you haven't, then shame on you (Not really, but it throws up some interesting ideas about other dimensions).

Actually, no!  I'll be called 1D - with the ability to remove annoying bands/music from existance.
    Legopants
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    My super hero name would be Super-Joachim and my power would be my sense of smell.

LegopantsWilliam_TownsleyBumblepantskiki180703
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,031
    The Evil Dr BoriJon.

The power to devastate a country's economy and leadership. While running away.
    LegopantsMattsWhatsnowhitiebandit778kiki180703BrickDancer
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,395
    MattsWhat said:

Actually, no!  I'll be called 1D - with the ability to remove annoying bands/music from existance.
    But wouldn't that be a superhero?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,694
    When I win Paul, can you hold onto them 'til August and you send direct to the raffle winner?
    Coolguy5000
  • lord_relishlord_relish Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2016
    Hello
    my name is noo-wit man, my superpower is premonition... I know what will happen before it occurs.  I've made space on my shelf for the german team!
    Legopants
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,964
    Legoboy said:
    When I win Paul, can you hold onto them 'til August and you send direct to the raffle winner?

Yes, should you win, it wouldn't be a problem to wait and send direct.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    Procrastination Woman:  always putting things off until the last minute, including raffle draws. 
    Legopants
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,897
    The amazing super sorting and dust removal girl:

Able to sort LEGO bricks and keep them clean with only a wink ;o)
    Legopants
    Only just made it @Lego_Star ;-) 
    Lego_Star

Right, here's the final list of entrants. Hope I haven't left anyone out - let me know if I have :-)
    The winner will be announced here tomorrow (that's Thursday) at 22:00 Germany time.

1 @CupIsHalfEmpty
    2 @scoiltreasa
    @Russell844
    4 @bandit778
    5 @canon08
    6 @leemcg
    7 @Shib
    8 @Daragh
    9 @thebeermonkey
    10 @William_Townsley
    11 @nychromastone
    12 @BrickDancer