Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon still sealed in shipping container

sgtcommosgtcommo conway arMember Posts: 2

I have the 10179 Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon I am thinking about selling, I haven't broken the seal on the shipping container yet, I'm afraid that it will hurt the value yet, I don't if I should have it sent off and have it evaluated or not. Should just hang on to it?

Can someone give me any suggestions?

Comments

• EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
    Want to keep it, keep it. Want to build it then build it, Need the money then sell it. And Sealed is good for value. And why have it evaluated? You're selling a sealed product, buyer can take it or leave it.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    I do not think that opening the sealed shipping box will make the set lose value. It is a shipping box, nothing more. I understand that people put a price on such things, but by opening the shipping box and inspecting the contents, you will have assured the buyer (and yourself) that there is indeed a UCS Falcon is in the box and that everything is in good order.
    pharmjodkiki180703LegoboyBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,715
    ^ Also, it makes access easier for little fingers to sample the inside box.
    Pitfall69kiki180703Legoboysnowhitie
    edited July 2016
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Also, it makes access easier for little fingers to sample the inside box.
    Please, don't remind me :(
    bobabricksSumoLegopharmjodkiki180703LegoboysnowhitieSirBen
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    edited July 2016
    Nevermind

^What the heck happened? 
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    I will add a new thread, do not want to hijack this one.  Good luck with your sale or valuation.
    bobabricksMaffyD
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    Well, at least this UCS Falcon is dry.

Good luck with sale, don't spend it all at once.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    I think @Brick_Obsession had some pretty valid advice to give here. Be careful when selling expensive large items. 

Here's his thread:
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24116/shipping-expensive-sets-warning#latest
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I'd like how you it is that you have the most sought after Lego set in the best possible condition and not know its value. Of all Lego sets, this one could be research in about 15 seconds. There might be a legitimate answer but it really looks like we are being trolled. Please use your first posts to introduce yourself and join in the conversations before posting questions that are easily answered with a little effort on your part. 
  • EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
    I read nowhere that he does not know the value of the set, i read that he's wondering if breaking the seal of the shipping container will influence the value.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    Do you mean breaking the seal on the outer delivery shipper box, that states "millennium falcon shipper" on the base of the box, or do you mean the inner shipper box with the serial number sticker etc.? 
  • bri4jennbri4jenn United StatesMember Posts: 96
    But how do you know #10179 is really inside that box if you don't open it.  
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,817
    ^ The Force!  Come on!?  ;)
    preverekiki180703Lobot
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,919
    edited July 2016
    ^That's not how The Force works!
    LobotBumblepants
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I had this discussion on Brickset in the last year or so.  Most everyone suggested that I open it and it shouldn't decrease it's value.  So I did.  Well I discovered that the set box had a small hole in it even though the outer shipping box was fine with no damage.  Seals in tact.  Other than that the set box was in great condition; however, if I hadn't opened it, then the risk of the price decrease from that hole would have been with the buyer.  So there may be some risk in opening it.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,994
    ^It's Schrodinger's cat - until you open that shipping carton, it is both immaculate and a little beaten up at the same time...
    SprinkleOtternatro220kiki180703pharmjodRenegade007cjh
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Schrodinger's Millennium Falcon UCS
    SumoLego
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 996
    prevere said:
    ^That's not how The Force works!
    Well, if Ben 'felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced' from half-way across the universe then it shouldn't be too challenging to detect 5,000 pieces of plastic shielded by some cardboard.....
    prevere
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,919
    ^That's true. Every LEGO piece has it's own soul.
    Lobot