Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How do you display your assembled LEGO sets?

1235»

Comments

• JetWing34JetWing34 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 38
    I displayed my Lego Chima set on the shelf right next to my VHS player. I don't know how, but I managed to find a way to display it.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,416
    I'm finally moving into a location with a bit more space. I've got my minifigures sorted but there are a few sets I want to display and I'm trying to find good options. I was looking through IKEA but wasn't sure where else to look into. Suggestions?

Pretty sure there's a thread just like this floating around somewhere but after a lot of searching I couldn't find it. 
    SumoLego
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,861
    I display mostly everything on Ikea kallax units or on mounted shelves (mostly Ikea floating shelves). But there are certainly a lot of limits to that method - the kallax cubbies will only fit one 32x32 baseplate for instance, and this method of course does not keep things dust free which is an issue for a lot of people (I'm weird, I actually get some satisfaction from dusting, plus I don't want my stuff behind glass, I like to touch and feel and play).
    560HeliportKungFuKennySumoLegogmonkey76
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,756
    I just posted some display stuff over in this thread, lots of other ideas there too.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction? - Page 34 — Brickset Forum

KungFuKennySumoLegopxchris
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,086
    Kallax and Billy bookcases from IKEA are popular. And if you don’t like the cubbie size in Kallax, leave out some dividers.
    pxchris
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,899
    samiam391 said:
    I'm finally moving into a location with a bit more space. I've got my minifigures sorted but there are a few sets I want to display and I'm trying to find good options. I was looking through IKEA but wasn't sure where else to look into. Suggestions?
    I've found sourcing cheap shelving on Facebook Marketplace to be the intersection of function and cost - even for Ikea shelving.  

I agree that dust is a consistent enemy and paying retail full-price for shelves with doors is nearly cost-prohibitive.  Finding some good used shelves also lowers the concern to 'ruin' them by painting or applying a secondary finish.

(If you're willing to put the time and transportation energy into saving those acquisition costs.)
    gmonkey76pxchris