Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Loose Stormtrooper Finn in the wild

ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
So while I know this poly #30605 releases tomorrow with the Lego TFA video game I was wondering if I'm correct in assuming that all the loose minifigs available on eBay just snuck their way out of LEGO factories in Mexico and elsewhere?

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    ARo2891 said:
    So while I know this poly #30605 releases tomorrow with the Lego TFA video game I was wondering if I'm correct in assuming that all the loose minifigs available on eBay just snuck their way out of LEGO factories in Mexico and elsewhere?
    Probably not. Gamestops get them early, and a lot of teenage guys working there have been known to skim promo inventory.
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Probably not. Gamestops get them early, and a lot of teenage guys working there have been known to skim promo inventory.
    Really? I was under the impression the poly was being packaged in a box with the game a la Dr. Wu and Jurassic World, therefore no loose polys to grow legs and walk out of stores.
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,490
    ARo2891 said:
    I was once a teenage guy working in a game store and I can confirm this to be true.
    bobabricksMynattmediumsnowmanAdeelZubair
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 516
    I was under the impression it was packaged in the game as well.  The fact that none of the loose Finns have the package is the clue that they are likely factory sourced (rejects,  surplus, theft, I don't know how they handle it).
    ARo2891
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 634
    I preordered the game awhile back not sure what the details or promo was going to be. Can anyone confirm for sure that the game will have this minifig?  I was thinking about not picking it up, but if I can comes with this I'd be much more inclined to grab it.  
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    There is no saying that entire games didn't grow legs and walk off...
    I preordered the game awhile back not sure what the details or promo was going to be. Can anyone confirm for sure that the game will have this minifig?  I was thinking about not picking it up, but if I can comes with this I'd be much more inclined to grab it.  
    If you preordered the deluxe version (all gold cover image and includes the season pass) it will come with the minifig. 
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    I preordered the deluxe version from gamestop and got an email yesterday saying my bonus lego play set may ship in a separate package, which sounds like it may not actually be packages with the game.
    Edit. 

So I checked my gamestop account apparently the extra set being mailed is a Kylo ren Shuttle Polybag, the Finn is packaged with the game.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 516
    I don't know about gamestop. ..  best buy deluxe edition comes with Finn and  FO star destroyer polybag.  My polybag is shipping separately. 
    yeah gamestops poly bag is the Kylo Wren shuttle.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @ARo2891I know what you mean and the loose Finn's are indeed legit. Reason I know is because I bought one about a month or 2 ago for $18 shipped. Upon close inspection, all looks accurate, new and legit. Plus it's the only figure to use this print for torso and legs, so couldn't be randomly pieced together.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,339
    Received my copy of the game today and incase anyone is wondering, the game came wrapped in plastic, and the Finn minifig was inside the box in its own polybag packaging so hopefully nobody buying the game will find theirs missing.
    bobabricks
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    edited June 2016
    I don't know how the Finn polybags got onto eBay, but they look to be legit from the pictures I've seen. I suspect they 'escaped' from the factory somehow.

I got a copy of the game from Smyths (UK) today. The game comes in a sealed external box and the Finn polybag is enclosed within. I also got a Kylo Ren Shuttle as a loose polybag. 
  • GrimlockGrimlock Liverpool, UKMember Posts: 7
    I got one for free from a friend who bought the game, but didn't want the figure! :D
    bandit778OrmskirkBricksAllBrick
    @ARo2891I know what you mean and the loose Finn's are indeed legit. Reason I know is because I bought one about a month or 2 ago for $18 shipped. Upon close inspection, all looks accurate, new and legit. Plus it's the only figure to use this print for torso and legs, so couldn't be randomly pieced together.
    Those were my thoughts exactly.  But the loose fig you got off eBay was good quality?  Not a reject I mean?  I've been thinking about buying one to have one loose so I can keep mine sealed as I'm sure their price will drop once the sealed one hits eBay full scale.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^It looks perfectly excellent. Other than the missing bag, I couldn't tell any differences after careful examination.
    ARo2891
  • EdmicEdmic ZürichMember Posts: 102
    We had our chance months ago http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-30605-Finn-FN-2187-polybag-SEALED-ONLY-HERE-WORLDWIDE-SHIPPING-/161978799186

But yeah it's basically all reasons named above. Early arrivals, stores that get things earlier, factory workers who wants some extra money.
  • Lego_FoxLego_Fox United StatesMember Posts: 12
    ARo2891 said:

I remember that about a month after the videogame for The LEGO Movie they still had leftover Emmet with the sombrero minifigures along with Plastic Man from LEGO Batman 3!
  • Lego_FoxLego_Fox United StatesMember Posts: 12
    goshe7 said:
    I was under the impression it was packaged in the game as well.  The fact that none of the loose Finns have the package is the clue that they are likely factory sourced (rejects,  surplus, theft, I don't know how they handle it).

Well from what I know previous LEGO games didn't have the polybag in the game box. They'd give it to you if there was a pre-order for the game or sometimes if there was an overflow from my experience.
    Lego_Fox said:
    goshe7 said:

Well from what I know previous LEGO games didn't have the polybag in the game box. They'd give it to you if there was a pre-order for the game or sometimes if there was an overflow from my experience.
    Both are right I think, they have those store exclusives which are added at check out and then they seem to now be flirting with the idea of version (not sure if that's the right term) exclusives where it comes packaged with the game in a bigger box at additional cost or not.  Who knows, maybe TLG is on to the obvious issues with adding the promo at check out and they want to see how successful it can be boxing the game and promo figure together.