Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sunrise Florida Grand Opening BaM pack - includes a Knight!

krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
edited December 2011 in Collecting
Hi All, I haven't had time to set up a quality photoshoot, but I thought people might like to see (though rough) images of the minifigures given away att the Sunrise Florida Store Grand Opening, on Saturday, December 10th, 2011. here is a link to some more photos, too. I'll try to get better pics posted later in the week.http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6487745203/in/photostream

Also, anyone in the Miami area, it is not too late to get these minifigs. I left the store at noon, and they had only given away the first 80-100 figures of the 500 being given out. I was able to get pack #34... the first 25 were mysteriously not at the front counter for those of us who were at the store when it opened. The lowest number handed out seemed to be #26... so maybe the box with the first 25 of 500 will show up tonight?

Comments

• DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    I wonder if you met my mother there this mother. She went there with my stepfather at 9am and waited an hour until the store actually opened... She was very surprised at how not many people were lined up... I asked her to pick me up some of the train motors...
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    yes, I did meet your mother. I told her to tell you that 2,000 people were in line :) ... though she thought it would be a fun joke, she didn't have the heart to prank you that way.

As I knew the store, I personally showed her where the power functions items were, so she could be one of the first 10 to check out! Your mother and stepfather were wonderful company... I was there at 8 am, they were the second and third people in line, outside the store.
    Thanks for pointing them in the right direction... They are the the reason why I got into Lego to begin with... I remember when I was little my stepfather brought me some lego technic (I think I was 10-12) and that's how I got into it...

They are coming over for the xmas holiday, so I already told her she'll be standing in line again on Dec 26th at the one here...

By the way, they are still shopping at the mall :) I wonder if you can go back and get some more...
    If they do not walk in with the bags, no one will recognize them. I'd say they should give it a try. I was able to go through more than once... on the final try, I was told about the one-per-customer policy. They were there so early, they should be clear.

Also, the store has both limited edition, 2011 holiday scenes for sale (3300002 and 3300020) for sale at $9.99 each. They are just before the checkout, in the middle-of-store sale bins. I hate to tell you, but I supposedly bought the last Emerald Night in the store (seeing that you like trains). They have the Maersk train, though.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    By chance you don't have one of those minifig sets you'd be willing to part with, do you?
    currently the sets I have are scheduled for my wonderful nieces collections. Though after getting home, and seeing what these sets sell for on bricklink, I was thinking I might be able to turn them into a downpayment on a death star... though I've never been an aftermarket reseller by heart...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,545
    It is great that LEGO does this for opening stores, but it stinks that it is only to a narrow group of people in that area at the time... I mean as devoted as LEGO fans are I am curious as to how many would form opening caravans that go from opening LEGO store to opening LEGO store?
    well, this is my second grand opening event in 12 months :) When advertised properly, it does bring the store's new community into the store in numbers. The Mall of America re-grand opening last year brought news media and hundreds of people out on a morning after a blizzard. Creates a nice collecting niche market on bricklink, too.
    Too bad! they already left the mall :( I'm happy I was able to get two sets.. I'm keeping one for my collection and will try to trade the other one for any of the Houston ones...

I loaded up on the trains here while they were on sale for Black Friday.... I got 4 EN and thinking about getting some more tonight from Target online... better deal than amazon...

I already have the Maersk train plus an extra one I got from amazon when it went down to $99...

Thanks for all your help!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    @krklint I don't think they gave them out in number order as I was way behind you in line but snagged #29.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    BTW, my wife loves to shop at Ann Taylor right across from the store. I went to wait for her and she wanted to look at some other stuff.. which gave me time to pick the power functions set and a set of Duplo for my son. So, whenever she goes shopping there, I'll have somewhere to kill some time... and buy some more sets. LOL!
    I need to find me a wife that wants to shop there, too :) As I was at the front of the line, the employees were looking for the first 25, but one said they were sitting on the managers desk... so you and I both scored our gift BaMs out of the 25-49 box.
    Coolpix, were you there this morning?
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    edited December 2011
    @krklink Not in the morning. I had already bailed out on going to the store for the Grand Opening due to a nasty cold I've got a couple days ago. I was in a terrible shape this Saturday morning, but my wife wanted to go to Sawgrass to buy something for her, so I was forced to drive her there. Once there, there was no reason to not go to the store and get my Grand Opening minifigure set. I spent only a few minutes on the store, grabbed $35 worth in merchandise and went to checkout to get my free set. My set is 128 of 500. Left at 1:47 pm.

While there I had enough time to check and see that they don't have anymore ENs in stock (now I know you've got the last one!), but I saw that they restocked on the Imperial Frigate and Tantive IV.

It was not this time that we've met at the store, however, you can count on me to be there on the 26th at 9:00 am, as I will not miss the sale for nothing in this world. I am trying not to buy to much LEGO until then (it's hard with some many good offers from the various retailers), plus I am saving all my VIP points for the occasion. Still looking into scoring some exclusives and City sets for 50% off there.
    Will maybe catch up with you and Bosstone100 some time in January, then. I'm leaving Florida for a white Minnesota Christmas for a few weeks.
    Usually people go to Florida from Minnesota for the holidays not the other way around :) I lived in South Florida for 8 years and remember all the snowbirds there during the "winter"...
    yeah, I'm one of those people who likes a good blizzard.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    There's nothing wrong with coming to MN for the holidays. MN is beautiful this time of year :D

Brent
    and a chance to visit Judy at the M.O.A. Lego store!
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    We don't need any blizzards just yet tho.... Unless it gets abnormally hot we have enough snow for a white Christmas but not enough to be a pita...
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    @BeardedCastleGuy - what part of MN are you in? All the snow in my yard melted yesterday and overnight.

I could use a blizzard or two :)

Brent
    I'm a Willmar farm boy, by birth. I guess they don't have snow right now, either.
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    Well it melted while I was not paying attention and while sleeping, LOL. I'm in the Twin Cities (Yo! TwinLug! :^)
    I still don't need a blizzard, enough to have a white Christmas, sure, a blizzard? that just makes getting to work a pain, well and the last time we had a lot of uglier weather pre-Christmas, well I'll just say I don't have fond memories for unrelated reasons.