Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Can anyone tell me why 7868 isn't available in North America?

Mars_Needs_LEGOMars_Needs_LEGO USAMember Posts: 23
edited April 2011 in Collecting
I don't need to own every SW LEGO set -- but a Jedi starfighter is an absolute must-buy. So when I learned that 7868 was released everywhere *except* North America, I was somewhat dismayed (mild understatement). I've since picked it up on BrickLink (the price was good, but the shipping would have been prohibitive if I'd not been so determined to buy it), but my curiosity remains unabated. So why no NA release for this set?

(The sad thing is, I really don't like the design of this ship. IMHO it's the worst Delta-7B LEGO has produced, and while I understand that, being a Clone Wars release, it *had* to be a Delta-7 and not an Eta-2, I'm still very disappointed that Mace Windu's starfighter should be so lackluster. But that's me. :)

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Is the unavailability for North America confirmed or speculation? I heard it was an exclusive (Toys R Us possibly?) and therefore was in the U.S. but wouldn't be featured in a widespread release for some time to allow the exclusive retailer first dibs on sales.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    I believe it's scheduled for release later in the year in the US/Can. LEGO are experimenting with releases dates this year; there are some other sets (e.g. Atlantis) that are having similar split releases. I guess it's to do with managing their production rates. The expansion of the factory in Mexico might be a factor, lowering production rates until the new part of the factory is up and running properly.
  • mkoeselmkoesel USAMember Posts: 97
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, prevailing opinion seems to be that's it is indeed coming later this year as a WalMart exclusive:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:fbtb.net+7868
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    mkoesel: it's ok to link directly to fbtb ;)
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, prevailing opinion seems to be that's it is indeed coming later this year as a WalMart exclusive:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:fbtb.net+7868
    Ah, WalMart exclusive. Wasn't sure if it was there or Toys R Us, just that it was an exclusive.

• Mars_Needs_LEGOMars_Needs_LEGO USAMember Posts: 23
    Looks like I should have done more research -- could have saved some money on that international postage. Thanks for the information!
  • mkoeselmkoesel USAMember Posts: 97
    edited April 2011
    mkoesel: it's ok to link directly to fbtb ;)
    Thanks. Some forums are very particular about these sorts of things.

Also, I figured it was a good demonstration of how nice google works for searching a forum site. :)
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
    only ever seen this set in Smyths in the UK that is.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    I have no problem with people linking to any other LEGO related site, or seller.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    edited April 2011
    @Huw How is being allowed to link to any other seller affected by this FAQ?:
    FAQ: "Can I advertise my eBay auction on your site?"

No, sorry, we do not advertise private auctions or sales on eBay or any other retail site.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    That was intended to refer to the main site, brickset.com