Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

1353637383941»

Comments

• autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,393
    eMJeeNL said:
    autolycus said:
    2 10’ shelves with enough clearance on the upper one for Town Hall will do.
    That’s basically what I’ve done here, two 93 inch shelves spaced appropriately to place the Town Hall on the top shelf, whenever I am lucky enough to find one.
    What will happen if the Modular Construction Site arrives? Me thinks that's quite a bit higher than TH? 

Oh, and do we count it as a Modular?! (yes I went there...)
    That one's much easier to dismiss than Market Street. It's kind of mostly technically a Bricklink set rather than a Lego one.

And yes, Lego officially considers Market Street part of its modular line and it is in that room at their museum and Jamie Berard discusses the set in his historical review of the modular line. Because of that, I am 99% sure that my modular collection will always be 2 short of completion (CC and MS). I have all of the retired modulars after MS.
    BumblepantsWesterBricks
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 972
    I have found I quit building the official modulars since everyone has them. So I build unique modulars. Still takes up a ton of space though... so multiple shelves are needed.
    WesterBricksKungFuKennyBumblepants
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 751
    edited June 2022
    I like to look at them in one nice long line, but they are also an investment for me. Someday I'll sell my collection and take the family to Disney World.
    KungFuKennyMarshallmario
    I also build custom modulars, but only in Studio.

Switchfoot55lessjunkfoodCymbelinerd1899
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood IndianapolisMember Posts: 130
    I also build custom modulars, but only in Studio.

This is inspiring to me, thanks for sharing! Bookmarking this for reference once we move and I have building space beyond the dinner table.
    WesterBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,512
    Sethro3 said:
    I have found I quit building the official modulars since everyone has them. So I build unique modulars. Still takes up a ton of space though... so multiple shelves are needed.
    I did exactly this and moved to Ninjago City mocs. It allows for a lot more creativity and use of wacky colors and parts. The only modular I still have is the Cinema as I was thinking of converting it. 
    Switchfoot55WesterBricksKungFuKennylessjunkfood
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 330
    @WesterBricks, I like the building on the left end with 1908 in the brick. Reminds me of a Ben Franklin 5 & 10 cent store my grandma used to take me to 60 years ago. Small town in the U.P. named Neguanne.
    WesterBricksKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,182
    ^Your vertical shelf idea is exactly what I've been contemplating for my SW Helmet collection once I get settled into my new place. Seeing it like this may officially make up my mind about moving forward with it! 
    Steve_J_OM
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 993
    edited September 2022
    Oh cool :) I'll admit they were meant to be a placeholder; I have some two-tier podiums from WickedBrick coming (eventually...) that are made for the DETOLF unit, and that's where I was planning to put them. But they do look pretty good on the LACK shelf.

That said, I also experimented with the diorama sets on the shelf and it's like they were made for it! Nice to have options :)

Glad I could help, though! 
    Switchfoot55
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,526
    Are they brick (plate+tile) built seats?
    Switchfoot55560Heliportiwybslessjunkfood
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood IndianapolisMember Posts: 130
    CCC said:
    Are they brick (plate+tile) built seats?
    Ha ha, would take a lot of elements! Those are sort of vinyl cushions with magnets embedded at the corners, so that they can be configured into houses, tunnels, rocket ships etc. Hard to see in the stack but there are triangles, squares, rectangles and arches. It was a kickstarter my wife found called the Fort, got them about a year ago. 
    gmonkey76560HeliportCymbelineSwitchfoot55MarshallmarioModeltrainmaniwybs
  • daniellesadaniellesa UKMember Posts: 2
    I recently moved and managed to acquire an Lego room, which is currently a box room as we're still unpacking. I'm looking for ideas on how to display stuff. I have about 321 sets and I was thinking of having a table in the middle of the room with the modulars and the railway, some of the 3 in 1 creator sets, while the boxes go around the walls, with some sort of shelving above to accommodate sets that won't go on the main table. I have part of my architecture collection in my home office.  Its a blank canvas at the moment, so any suggestions would be welcome. My collection is mostly City, Ninjago, Star Wars, Creator, Ideas, Icons, Architecture.

I can't screw anything into the walls, as its rental.
    WesterBricks560Heliportgmonkey76lowlead
    I recently moved and managed to acquire an Lego room
    And the townspeople rejoiced!
    I can't screw anything into the walls, as its rental.
    And the townspeople wept.
    iwybs560Heliportgmonkey76Brickfan50lowleadKeilupKungFuKenny
  • mtpelepelemtpelepele Virginia, USAMember Posts: 34
    Is it worth $250,000 just for the bricks in the backsplash?
    560HeliportYo_dADjblythe05
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,394
    edited October 2022
    @Marshallmario, was that your house? 😉
    560HeliportMarshallmario
  • Djblythe05Djblythe05 NorthantsMember Posts: 72
    Are all house prices that cheap in the states? 
    Are all house prices that cheap in the states? 
    Hell no.
    iwybsWesterBricksSwitchfoot55Fizyxpxchrisgmonkey76
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 330
    @Astrobricks...sadly not my house but only about an hours drive from mine. Maybe they will have an open house!

Astrobricks
  • daniellesadaniellesa UKMember Posts: 2
    I love the dedication of that lego house, even down to the colour themes of the other rooms.

I do like the floating containers, although I'm in awe of how they manage to bear the weight of the sets, as some of them are quite heavy, as I'm used to hauling the boxes downstairs for building and moving, then hauling the built sets upstairs for display. Fortunately my new lego room is on the ground floor, so no transportation is now required.

Hopefully we'll be at the point where there's nothing but lego boxes in said room soon. Just a few more things to clear. There's no inbuilt storage in this place, so the other box room is the ensuite next to the lego room. This place has three baths upstairs and two down, weirdly. It started off as a bungalow, then the owners decided to build up. Its like a Tardis, as you only have the concept of the proper size when you're inside.
    Djblythe05WesterBricks
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 552
    Liathorpe...gotta love them. I have 2 of those as well.
  • VgangVgang CyprusMember Posts: 84
    I think we need a I think we might need a new sub-thread called 

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate The Eiffel Tower!

560HeliportWesterBricksBrickfan50iwybsSwitchfoot55AstrobricksshikadigratefulnatOnebricktoomany
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 675
    ^...it's just a matter of time before someone wires it up with a couple light bulbs and tops it with a lampshade.
    560HeliportiwybsSwitchfoot55Astrobricksgmonkey76gratefulnatOnebricktoomany
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,393
    The Liatorp look like a great option! I have a Hemnes cabinet that I don't think is available anymore. It's got sliding glass doors with 3 shelves and fits 4 wide with a few inches to spare. I did have to modify Palace Cinema and Fire Brigade to fit them height-wise, but all of the others I've built so far fit fine. It's also got a good top surface for additional display on top. My one wish is that I'd like a little more depth so I could put the cars in front of their modular instead of squeezing them in the extra space to the sides, which is mostly blocked by the door frame.

We have a kitten now. Don't yet know if he's going to be a Lego-toppling jerk. I might be looking to expand my collection of glass-door cabinets...
    Switchfoot55Astrobricks
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 464
    arathemis said:
    Liathorpe...gotta love them. I have 2 of those as well.

Look what I've got in my Liathorpe since 2016:
    BTW: This is the most beautiful book about the tower, published in 2006 by Taschen. Contains all the blueprints. You need deep pockets to acquire it now....
    560Heliportgratefulnat
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 675
    Fra-gee-lay, that must be Italian! =oD
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55gmonkey76OldfanpxchrisiwybsKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,182
    ^A painful lesson to learn!
    FollowsClosely
  • nicomionicomio USAMember Posts: 4
    I have a corner in my room for a models from WH 40K and for lego's ^_^
    pxchris
  • Lo1sJessLo1sJess Alexandria, VirginiaMember Posts: 457
    Agreed
    vanvonfullpxchrisPJ76ukSumoLegoiwybsOnebricktoomanyMaffyD
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,257
    PJ76uk said:
    @pxchris love the parrot collection at the top - especially the brickbuilt version! Very jealous of your collection but keep the photos coming! I'm sure I'm not the only bricksetter who takes vicarious pleasure from seeing your set photos!
    Lo1sJess said:
    Agreed
    Thank you both!
    I will endeavor to keep them coming!

As for the parrots... they're absolutely one of my favorite parts of the collection!

I made a seek & find challenge for them at my convention display earlier this year.

The brick built version is actually a model with instructions that was in an old 1992 issue of Brick Kicks magazine.
    Switchfoot55PJ76ukWesterBricksSumoLegoCymbelineLo1sJessiwybsOnebricktoomanyReesesPieces
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 946
    pxchris said:

The brick built version is actually a model with instructions that was in an old 1992 issue of Brick Kicks magazine.
    I vaguely recall a post on that in the forum.

Thanks for more pics of the parrots! Like the idea of your seem and fine challenge, must've been great fun for the participants 👍
    pxchrisSwitchfoot55SumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,197
    Oh, crap!  I need to get some things shipped!
    pxchrisSwitchfoot55OnebricktoomanyMaffyD
    PJ76uk said:
    pxchris said:

I vaguely recall a post on that in the forum.

Thanks for more pics of the parrots! Like the idea of your seem and fine challenge, must've been great fun for the participants 👍
    Seems fine to me ;-)
    560Heliportpxchris
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 946
    Yeah autocorrect changed my comment from "seek and find". My bad for not proof reading my comment after posting (I usually try to double check for these things)...
    Switchfoot55Astrobricks560HeliportpxchrisLo1sJessOnebricktoomany
    PJ76uk said:
    Yeah autocorrect changed my comment from "seek and find". My bad for not proof reading my comment after posting (I usually try to double check for these things)...
    What fun would that be? ;-)
    560HeliportpxchrisLo1sJess