Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

1293031323335»

Comments

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,413
    @KungFuKenny That's just a great display. Love it. 'Nuff said. :-)

KungFuKennyOnebricktoomanyiwybsveyniacMr_Cross
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,299
    All that classic goodness! *heart eyes*
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 133
    Why do I think that’s not your only bookcase? Back the camera up a bit!
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,205
    Poor Billy, always 1 stud short of perfection...
    KungFuKennydatsunrobbiegmonkey76Brickfan50eMJeeNLmak0137
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,906
    edited May 3
    Ha!  The main shortcoming of an otherwise awesome display case... I've considered taking a router to the sides so that the resulting groove would allow a tiny bit of extra width for those baseplates...
    Switchfoot55WesterBrickspxchris
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,387
    Ha!  The main shortcoming of an otherwise awesome display case... I've considered taking a router to the sides so that the resulting groove would allow a tiny bit of extra width for those baseplates...
    Well, it's either that or trim the baseplates. (Sorry, Billy!)
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 133
    Wow! Super impressive! You are one handy guy.
    SumoLego
  • BricklessBrickless Far Away LandMember Posts: 10
    Thanks so much! You would never believe if you saw the before pics of the room. When I started this project the room didn't even have sheet rock or a  finished floor, just wood studs and an old cement slab floor. But little by little it's getting there. 
    MarshallmarioOnebricktoomanySumoLego
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,299
    How in the world are you suspending the Death Star @Brickless? That corner cabinet with the Star Wars backdrop is gorgeous though!
    KungFuKennyFizyx
    Thanks so much!
    I actually add to do a little modifying to get it to hang. I first removed the elevator thats in the center of the Deathstar so I could run a metal rod thru the set. The metal rod connects to an additional plate I add on the bottom. The top of the rod then hooks to a ceiling mount disco ball turner witch is built in to the top of the cabinet. So the Deathstar actually spins when the cabinets lights are all turned on.
    I plan on suspending some small X-Wings and Tie Fighters around the Deathstar and on the bottom part of the display case doing the Hoth battle scene. I just haven't had anytime lately. Later today I'll try to put some more pictures up on the whole hanging system I used. I currently only have a video on my phone and I'm unable to upload to this post. But if you interested you could see it on my instagram for the time being.

panchox1Fizyxpxchris560HeliportMarshallmarioYo_dAOnebricktoomanycanon03stlux
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,660
    Where'd you get the drawers in the last two pictures? They look like the ones I have seen used at Home Depot for nuts and bolts, but I've never seen them for sale anywhere.
    Astrobricks
    Hey Datsunrobbie,
    I actually bought them a while back from a small hardware store that was going out of business. They were in amazing shape and apparently in large demand when the store was selling all their fixtures so I got a little beat up on the price but ended up with 8 units and super happy I bought them. 
    datsunrobbie
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,387
    Hahaha! I thought, "Obviously you'd use whatever you'd hang a disco ball from- what else?" 😁
    BricklessSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,951
    Trying to figure out a way to replicate this in my garage...

So far, I have a fishtank, some drainage pipe and a Robie Jr.
    MarshallmarioKungFuKenny560Heliportgmonkey76mustang69pxchrisMynattSwitchfoot55KLOKRIECHER
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 1,906
    SumoLego said:

I know where you are!  Did you build yourself a custom droid or a lightsaber? :-)
    SumoLegoBrickless
    Neither.  Kids did lightsabers.  Their father picked up a Dooku Legacy Lightsaber.

I was very much looking for to purchasing the Ahsoka Tano lightsabers with the white blades, but those were retired.  Terribly disappointed.  

But, I'm sure they'll release another one eventually, given her popularity amongst SW fans with a new appreciation for Clone Wars characters.  (Considering the garbagyness of the sequel trilogy.)
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55bpk2300
    edited May 11
    I was there just a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I should have left one of Ahsoka's lightsabers for a future buyer?

If you have any days left in Hollywood Studios, you should pick up a Batuuan Spira coin (a reusable gift card you have to load with $100, plus a one-time $4 fee). One of my favorite (and cheapest) souvenirs from Galaxy's Edge by far. 
    panchox1SumoLegoKungFuKenny
    ^ They have blade-color-changing Ahsoka Clone Wars version.  Those are in the 'meh' category.

Also ends up I happened to be there on the secret release date of the Rey Skywalker lightsaber.  The one that looks like a rusty turd and has a pee-colored blade.  No thank you.

(My Star Wars snootyness prevents me from referring to Anakin's lightsaber as anything other than Anakin's lightsaber.  Believe it or not, they have three lightsabers that Rey uses across the sequel trilogy - the Anakin version, the Anakin version with a band-aid, and the Rey Skywalker on Tatooine Poo-Pee Lightsaber.)
    Switchfoot55GothamConstructionCoKungFuKennygmonkey76Bumblepantsdatsunrobbie
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 153
    SumoLego said:

win the lottery and hire the Imagineering team to build your garage.
    SumoLego
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 756
    What?! No more Ahsoka white blade sabers?! NOOOOOO!!!! That really sucks.
    SumoLego
    @SumoLego is apparently going through a scatalogical phase.
    No, I'm just forever six years old.
    560Heliportbandit778gmonkey76Yellowcastle
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,023
      I finally got around to building some shelving to store our sets and unsorted blocks. The sets are all stored in baggies in tubs. The unsorted blocks are in the large tubs on the floor and a few in the third column from the left.

Now we have all* our LEGO confined to one area of the house.

* Except a few dozen small display sets in my kids bedrooms.

(April 2014 / Page 8)
    :
    I have not updated this post in a long time. I have competed most of the basement. The only area I have not finished is... yeah, the Lego Area! I started this project last fall and I am putting the finishing touches on it now. Here are some images that show the state as of last summer. I will post more current images soon.

Storage that I built 10 years ago that we brought with us when we moved. They had to be cut down as my current basement has only 8' ceilings. Also not all units where able to be reused, but I am pleased with how it turned out. This is our dedicated craft area.

I will get an update soon showing my current space for Lego. Thanks for looking.

TheLoneTensor said (April 2014 / Page 7):
    Lego is not going to take over our entire basement!
    Date and time of this comment noted :)
     I am following up on a 6+ year old topic. Better late then never right? I did finally finish the lego corner of our basement. The area is on the rightmost picture above and LEGO is still confined to this one corner of the basement, mostly.
      We have one area that contains two nooks. The left side is our Technic/Mindstorm, and the right contains all of our system pieces with the top row dedicated for display.

The Technic area is in a 7' x 7' nook and contains 6 Akro-Mils Drawer units on top and a custom build TROFAST cabinet below.

The second nook is 10' x 10' and holds a large majority of our sorted blocks. This also contains custom build-ins. The built-ins house Sterilite Wide 3 Drawer units. The drawer units do come apart and can be reassembled in any number. I have five drawers on the bottom row and four drawers on the rows above. The shelves are adjustable. The wooden drawers on the very bottom are a foot deep and house unsorted blocks, baseplates and other misc. pieces.

The top row is dedicated for display. Currently our modulars are monopolizing the space. I chose Under Counter Lighting to light up the top shelf.

We utilize the 20' x 12' space behind the double doors to store our tubs of unsorted blocks and all of our sets are stored in baggies in plastic bins. Thanks for looking.

AstrobrickspxchrisKungFuKennycozyMarshallmario
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,180
    And one strategically placed C-clamp holding it all together :)
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55FollowsCloselygmonkey76eMJeeNLKeilupDjblythe05
    edited June 1
    ^^ Looks great!  What I really want to know, however, is why dragons are attacking the Detective’s Office and Brick Bank?  Looking for smuggled candy and cookies, perhaps? 🙂

SumoLegogmonkey76560HeliportYellowcastleMynattKLOKRIECHER
    I smell a pool hall hustle gone wrong.
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76KungFuKenny560HeliportYellowcastleMynatt
    ^Or gone right? Depends on your perspective...
    gmonkey76KungFuKenny560Heliport
    ^Or gone right? Depends on your perspective...
    Whether you anger or dragon, or have to incinerate your adversary, probably a bad outcome, regardless...
    KungFuKenny
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,866
    Person 1: 8 ball, corner pocket.
    Person 2: Ha, you scratched!
    Person 1: Dracarys.
    gmonkey76brickventurespxchrisKungFuKenny560Heliport
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55panchox1560HeliportYellowcastlegmonkey76Addicted2OxygenSumoLego
    ^ I need to move so I have room for that table (and all my unopened Lego) 😐
    gmonkey76Fizyxmustang69
    edited June 3
    Amazon.com: Laptop Monitor Mount Stand with Keyboard Tray, Adjustable Notebook Desk Mount with Clamp and Grommet Mounting Base for 13 to 27 Inch LCD Computer Screens Up to 22lbs, Notebook up to 15.6”, Black: Office Products

This is the monitor/laptop arm that I've been using since October 2020 in my LEGO room. Less expensive than anything comparable that I could find, and very sturdy, holding up a 17" laptop and a 24" monitor. Also available without the monitor arm for $6 less.
    mustang69OldTownBricksSwitchfoot55
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 524
    @datsunrobbie Thanks for the link. I may have to use something like that. I was hoping to use a mic stand swing arm with a music stand rigged up so it wouldnt interfere with things underneath and it would have more positioning options but I am worried about how much weight something like that would hold. Books like the UCS MF are pretty heavy.
    @mustang69 I went with the desk-mounted stand because it won't tip over and can swing out of the way. The monitor arm was not really needed with the 17" laptop, but that laptop is 10 years old and will be replaced with something smaller. 
    mustang69
    Are some of the shelves elevated?
    Are some of the shelves elevated?
    They are fairly adjustable, but level... I did make an extra shelf from white pine that I stained black so I could fit the trains in a narrow space...
    gmonkey76SumoLegoAddicted2Oxygen
    I keep staring at them and some seem to be elevated different than others.  I may be going Queen slightly mad.
    SumoLego
    They’re all elevated as none are on the floor :)
    panchox1Switchfoot55CymbelineKungFuKenny