Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

Comments

• Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    I'm not trying to slam those with stacks of Lego boxes...it's just that these days I try to avoid documenting my stacks of boxes.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    Before. 

After. 
    222 sets boxed up and ready to be let go. It’s just time. 
    dmcc0SumoLegocatwranglerLEGOFan2
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,565
    Cats and Dogs living together!?!?  Mayham!  Mayham!!!

(Awesome room - I am very envious!)
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^^ Wow, that room is snazzy!
    SumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,174
    @SumoLego Dogs? Huh? I don't see it.
    SumoLegoFollowsClosely
    edited October 2018
    Ha!  I thought that first cat was a beagle.
    Geez, I need my eyes checked.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55Baby_YodaSprinkleOtterHugeYellowBrick
    Well, I just "liked" you yet again, dammit! At least it's not my eyes.

SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    And thank you, @littletoki, for me making me drool enviously, and providing us with something to laugh about! I just worked 14 hours; laughter is good.
    AstrobricksBaby_Yoda
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 158

But here's the new and improved Lego room! LOL.

Storage of all the loose Lego which is not part of any set:

Wow!  That is a nice looking room.  Everything is so organized and neat.  I can only hope mine will look that way one day.  Maybe when the kids are out of the house, I'm retired, and the honey do list is caught up a bit.  Yeeeeeeah.  It's going to be a while.  But I can dream and try.

Heck of a Star Wars collection (as I'm eyeing the beauty of the Super Star Destroyer I'll never own.)

I noticed you went the route of snap close containers for all your loose bricks.  Does it work well when you have to open a bunch to sort out new stuff or pull stuff to build?
    Out of curiosity I went and looked at your last post for a before and after comparison of your room. I now have something to aspire to when I can afford my own Lego room.

clickabrickKLOKRIECHERLEGOFan2
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 261
    Hi all - it's been a very long time since I've been around on the forums. Busy with work, new house and illnesses. Not sure if anyone still remembers me.

But here's the new and improved Lego room! LOL.

Those look like Artbin boxes. What kind of shelves do you use? I've had a hard time finding shelves deep enough.

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,544
    SumoLego said:

7)  Finally, those are some substantial balls.

He has balls the size of planets! ;)
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegoBaby_YodaLEGOFan2
  • sgusersguser 3rd RockMember Posts: 17
    @littletoki

Impressive... Most impressive.... Very neat and tastefully organised. 

Thumbs up!

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    Recce said:
    It took you three years to add 160K bricks? Slacker! ;)
    Have been slowing down due to space issue. Don't think can add much from now onwards.
    I can still see some floor. And if you learn to walk sideways through that corridor then you'll find extra space.

Recce
    ^ You've seen my apartment?!?
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 915
    CCC said:
    Recce said:
    It took you three years to add 160K bricks? Slacker! ;)
    Have been slowing down due to space issue. Don't think can add much from now onwards.
    I can still see some floor. And if you learn to walk sideways through that corridor then you'll find extra space.

Lol, that was actually what I'm thinking. Wife complaining living room no more space so was thinking maybe can squeeze somemore into the toy room.

• brianoblivionbrianoblivion NYCMember Posts: 71
    littletoki

That room really is something to aspire to. The bins are labelled. The shelves aren't overstuffed with empty boxes. There's space to work and move around. And perhaps the most enviable feature-it's not an unfinished basement. Even the kitties know it's something special.
    SumoLego
    Uh, yeah.  There is clearly nothing on those shelves that belongs to your wife.  (Maybe the HP books, but I don't want to be judgy.)

Love the Hardy Boys book.  And I have the top part of Ninjago City in a sandwich bag as well.  
    Boardshorts85GothamConstructionCoMuftak1Baby_Yoda
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 179
    SumoLego said:
    Uh, yeah.  There is clearly nothing on those shelves that belongs to your wife.  (Maybe the HP books, but I don't want to be judgy.)

Love the Hardy Boys book.  And I have the top part of Ninjago City in a sandwich bag as well.  
    I'm pretty sure there's "The Fault in Our Stars" and 101 Dalmations on Blu-ray in there, so she's got some stuff...  And the pink hippo bookend.

The Hardy Boys book (nice pixel peeping by the way) is actually hollowed out - got it as part of an invitation to a birthday party and kept it.  The NC-in-a-sandwich-bag is a moving casualty that I haven't yet gotten around to addressing.
    SumoLego
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    pixel-peeping - i love that term!
    SumoLegoBoardshorts85
    SumoLego said:
    And I have the top part of Ninjago City in a sandwich bag as well.  
    That sandwich bag... so elusive, and yet hidden in plain sight...
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,409
    As much as I love the idea of rainbow-ordered books, I can't bring myself to split up authors or series...  
    dmcc0Baby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    Books sorted by: Author, no. Subject, no. Colour, yes!
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    SumoLego said:

I'm pretty sure there's "The Fault in Our Stars" and 101 Dalmations on Blu-ray in there, so she's got some stuff...  And the pink hippo bookend.

The Hardy Boys book (nice pixel peeping by the way) is actually hollowed out - got it as part of an invitation to a birthday party and kept it.  The NC-in-a-sandwich-bag is a moving casualty that I haven't yet gotten around to addressing.
    What, guys can't like cheesy-ass movies? ;)
    SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    Does the Resident Evil franchise count? 
    (It's really a touching love story.)
    Baby_Yoda
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 179
    CCC said:
    Books sorted by: Author, no. Subject, no. Colour, yes!
    Architect life... everything gets designed.  Once upon a time they were arranged by height.  Last year I shifted to color.
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    Trying to organise my collection.:
    Baby_YodaLittleLorithenosFowlerBricksLEGOFan2
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,745
    ^I envy your trust in a $9 end table stacked three high. 

...your collection isn't too bad either ;) 
    KLOKRIECHERSprinkleOtterBaby_Yodabricknationthenos
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 255
    Your dusting regime must be exhausting but I'd love that problem, sometimes I feel lego should be paying us especially anyone with 300+ and with 80% of that big sets ,like music royalties 
    SumoLegodmcc0KLOKRIECHERflord
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 241
    ^ Wow would love to have a space that size for Lego. We're officially a year into collecting and have decided it needs a dedicated space rather than a bit in each room. We're going to carve off a small section of our bedroom upstairs. Can't wait to get planning it, there's some great inspiration in here.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,759
     ^^ That didn’t happen overnight. We all start somewhere :)
    SumoLegoKLOKRIECHERdmcc0Baby_Yoda
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 270
    Recce said:
    Here's an updated photo of the mess in my house taken less than an hour ago. Can spot the difference from the photo posted 3 years back? :))

Basically the count had increased from around 750K bricks worth of sets to now 910K.
    Is there 3 of each set? 
    LEGOFan2Snizzlebutts
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 779
    I got some tables from Ikea back around Christmas time. I finally have some good table space for my city and some parts storage.
    FowlerBricksSumoLegoLEGOFan2BumblepantsAstrobricksLegopantsKLOKRIECHER
    edited January 2019
    So much display space wasted on those CDs. 

Unrelated thought - After burning and cataloging my (childrens) DVD collection, I have 1000 or so DVDs safely packed away in bankers boxes in my non-climate controlled Garagio.  Best thing I ever did!

@CaptainRogers - looks like you need a bunch more roadplates.  I've been stocking up since they've been on sale.
    SprinkleOtter
    @SumoLego lego is my current main hobby, but not my only and not my first. I think of it not as wasted space, but just that I clearly need more shelving. 😁

Also I recently got 4 copies of #7280 since my local Target has them half off. I might go get the remaining ones, the more I think about it.
    LEGOFan2
    ...I think of it not as wasted space, but just that I clearly need more shelving. 😁...
    These sound like excuses!  Digitize those CDs, and clear some room for a vintage Castle, Pirate and Space collection!!  Monochrome figures!!! Vignette mini-builds for each Marvel superhero!!!!
    SprinkleOtterMaffyDRedbullgivesuwind
    @SumoLego though your display ideas do sound better than my 'Superhero drawer' organization at the moment. At least I've got a few shelves being useful.

SumoLegoFowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERLEGOFan2Legopantsbrickventures
    Digitized copies can't be autographed!
    Huh.  Got me there.  Frames on the wall for those... the rest in a lightless box!  
    SprinkleOtter