Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

Comments

• nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 128
    ^if carlsberg done Lego rooms....amazing
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,568
    Ooo.  I have someplace to park my Buick!  @redarmy
    redarmyFizyx
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    ^Why spoil a garage like that with a Buick..even one with a gold plated you in it..
    SumoLego
    rgp said:

Started working on a life long dream in December 2016 of converting my garage into my very own Lego room. It finally came to fruition and this is outcome so far! There is still a lot of sorting and work to be done but happy with progress made. 
    What part of Zimbabwe are you in?..was there in 1984/85 for 6 months..a beautiful country as i remember and had my 11th birthday at the Victoria Falls Hotel..
  • rgprgp ZimbabweMember Posts: 8
    Hi!! I live in Harare !
    redarmy
    Stayed there for a short time..but like i said it was a long time ago and i wouldn't recognise it..my more vivid memories are of Victoria Falls.Lake Kariba and Nyanga.Have you noticed much of a difference yet since Mugabe leff?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,098
    A really great lego "room" for sure - almost a small house!
    SumoLegoFizyxRobot99
  • rgprgp ZimbabweMember Posts: 8
    ^^ A lot of positive energy around !! But need to wait and see !! 
    ^ Thanks .... very fortunate !
    MooreFXcatwrangler
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 193
    I thought I had a LEGO apartment...but I realized there's no LEGO in the bathroom! I will rectify that deficiency tonight!
    If you have transparent soapYou could put lego bricks in the soap. they're suspended in the soap!
    LittleLori
    1x1 plates would probably make a nice exfoliant.
    cmrt1014560Heliportdmcc0
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,188
    Ouch!
    SumoLegoFizyx
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    Ship, kayak, and surfboard do not float
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,098
    edited March 2018
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 319
    Couldn't find the original thread of accommodations made to your house for lego so figured I would start a new thread specially made for lego rooms. I have chosen to share mine and hope others do as well 
    FizyxRobot99Mr_Crosslkliment2catwranglerSigh
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    edited May 2018
    Nice setup! The London (I assume) display looks awesome and I love the way you've suspended your aircraft. Those MISB Comic-Con exclusives make me jealous, especially the Dr Strange/Black Panther set as I would have snatched those up straight away had they been regular retail.

Unfortunately the room I keep my Lego in is not my own (I'm a TFOL) so to avoid being rude I won't take pictures. Basically, there's a bookshelf that holds, besides books, all of my Ninjago sets (2014 and prior), set #75055 displayed with some of the collectible Star Wars planets hung from the aforementioned Ninjago sets (e.g. the Destiny's Bounty's anchor), all of my Dimensions stuff and some larger miscellaneous sets like #8078 Portal of Atlantis. Opposite that's a strange sort of wardrobe-cabinet combination with a Battle of Scarif display, a vertical Minecraft display, some random little builds such as Microfighters, and empty space for my parts collection to go once I've finally finished sorting it out. Then there's my (otherwise unused) desk, where pretty much everything else goes to die. I keep all my best stuff in my bedroom, though...

...as well as some Ideas stuff above my bed. Pardon the horrendous photography.

Edit: it is possible to use spoilers in this forum?
    mh3490Robot99catwrangler
    We all start out somewhere @Baby_Yoda I myself started with a closet and then that happened lol 
    Robot99
    If anyone could find it, it would be you @stlux lol thanks 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    Are you the Crooked Man that lived in the crooked house?  Did you buy specially modfied boxes to match those walls?  ;)

FowlerBricksMr_CrosscatwranglerMorkMan
    No that's the panoramic view came out a little wonky
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,545
    And some people say that Americans don't get sarcasm... ;)
    PolyphemusSumoLego
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 947
    edited May 2018
    And some people say that Americans don't get sarcasm... ;)
    MAGA!!!!!!
    edited May 2018
    Any update @stlux?

My LEGO room continues its descent to entropy.  Although I was happy to find a misplaced pile of brick separators that went missing.
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 61
    I´m also building my first lego room in my house because I´m running out of space in the roof top. I hope the 20 sqaure meter will last be enough for some weeks...
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    mh3490 said:
    We all start out somewhere @Baby_Yoda I myself started with a closet and then that happened lol 
    Exactly. That's why they call me Baby Yoda.
    Honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the photos was "where's the building table? Where's the spare elements?" :P
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,287
    edited May 2018
    SumoLego said:
    Any update @stlux?

My LEGO room continues its descent to entropy.  Although I was happy to find a misplaced pile of brick separators that went missing.
    Instead of a neat empty room, I now have a room stacked full of boxes:

98% is Lego - not all boxes are pictured...

The Ikea solution I wanted to go for at least to start with, didn't work. And getting a custom solution takes time... With kitting out the rest of the house taking precedence (we didn't move much furniture from our previous place, going for all custom made new), it'll take a little while longer to have my Lego room properly fitted out.

For the moment it's basically a warehouse where I add on a daily/weekly basis more Lego boxes. Not much different from what a lot us of are doing?
    bandit778SumoLegoFizyxAddicted2OxygenomniumMr_CrosssnowhitiecatwranglerMorkMan
    @Paperballpark the build table is a 30 by 72 in. folding table it blends in with the wall on the right side behind the chair and the spare parts bins are next to it
    edited May 2018
    stlux said:

Well yes, obviously all that cardboard isn't Lego ;)

The room looks perfect for a load of Ikea Billy Bookcases! :D
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,287
    stlux said:

Well yes, obviously all that cardboard isn't Lego ;)

The room looks perfect for a load of Ikea Billy Bookcases! :D
    Not deep enough ;) 

I'm looking to get some 60-80cm deep shelves made that can carry some decent weight. E.g. proper office furniture can carry 60kg/shelf, but is usually only 40cm deep. Something you can put #75192 MF on (at least at an angle) and not have to worry the shelf will bend.

We're almost done with getting the rest of the house in order, so hopefully I can get a quote from a cabinetmaker soon!
    Fizyx
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 282
    ^My issue is before having a LEGO room all I wanted was a LEGO room.  Now that I have the LEGO room the amount of free space continues to dwindle and I'm now wondering where can I go next?
    A Lego house???
    piratemania7Farmer_Johncatwrangler
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,469
    ^ Yes I can.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    SumoLego said:
    Everyone should have a LEGO stock room as well.  I thought that was implied?  You can't have your excess stock and long-term storage cluttering up your LEGO display and building room...
    Is that gasoline next to Lego sets????? Anathema!

• AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    Looking forward to one day having my own room. Been planning a layout for some time, just can't wait for it to come to life.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 969
    Whilst this thread is active, can I ask If anyone use a summer house or shed as a specific lego room? What might potential draw backs be (other this poor security)?
    LuLego said:
    Whilst this thread is active, can I ask If anyone use a summer house or shed as a specific lego room? What might potential draw backs be (other this poor security)?
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/obsessed-lego-fan-38-needs-11383239
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 969
    Yeah - I read this one when I googled ‘lego shed’.
     It’s not someone on here is it????
    LuLego said:
    Yeah - I read this one when I googled ‘lego shed’.
     It’s not someone on here is it????
    A fellow Brickish member.  Not sure if he has a BS account.
    Looking forward to one day having my own room. Been planning a layout for some time, just can't wait for it to come to life.
    As long as you're aware that some day, it won't be enough...
    Is that gasoline next to Lego sets????? Anathema!
    LEGO is flammable?  I should probably move my Mr. Gold collection further away from my makeshift forge furnace and plasma torch...
    Farmer_Johncatwrangler
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    Yup, I'm fully aware I will run into that issue, but nothing a really big hammer and knocked down walls can't fix, haha.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 826
    Yup, I'm fully aware I will run into that issue, but nothing a really big hammer and knocked down walls can't fix, haha.

This is actually why I personally am planning on a garage/shed LEGO room.  Lots easier to add more capacity there if you plan it well than to the house.  And you can make it plenty secure, you've just got to put the money into doing so.
    Awesomeness
  • mldj77mldj77 Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 63
    My dream, goal is to buy a store for my Lego room. I'm eyeing this empty storefront for sale that has a rented apartment above it. The renter will cover the mortgage, free Lego room! Not to mention the massive basement full of potential. The building is 2,221 square feet, so plenty of room for display, storage, and building. 
    PolyphemusBaby_Yoda560HeliportOnebricktoomanyTkattFizyxAddicted2Oxygencatwrangler