Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Is this baseplate damaged? And what the rapture??

1235»

Comments

• farnoldfarnold Mount Vernon INMember Posts: 5
    Please don't get angry everyone. All their trying to do is convert you to there believe. there just trying to help you, its spreading the love of God. you don't have to agree with them, just understand they aren't saying that your going to go to Hell there just saying that they want you to be a christian. They just want to share something, Its neighborly caring. there is no need for the persecution of them, they just want to help convert as many people as possible. As I said above you don't have believe in what they are sending, just understand that they did it out of caring, There's nothing personal.                                                                                                                                                                P.S. Please don't get angry with me in the below comments. :/

oldtodd33bendybadger
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    In a perfect world yes things would be great if everyone lived by certain religious rules and philosophies, thou shalt not kill, steal etc. but in another perfect world it would be great if everyone lived by those same rules and whatnot without needing a religion to behave that way.
    Is someone who is good to others and law abiding but not religous a worse person than a religous person who lives the same way because they don't want to go to hell? 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,508
    It's interesting though that if they sent advertising to you in another envelope without asking your permission first, then they'd be breaking the law (here). That would be a business collecting customer data and then using it to send unsolicited adverts. They may think they are doing you a favour when they are not. 

Doing someone a favour in your view is not always acceptable. For example, as they know your email address, would it be acceptable to sign you up for emails that they believe would help you follow their faith? They would be doing you a favour, after all.
    TheBigLegoskicatwrangler
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,355
    edited June 2016
    farnold said:
    Please don't get angry everyone. All their trying to do is convert you to there believe. there just trying to help you, its spreading the love of God. you don't have to agree with them, just understand they aren't saying that your going to go to Hell there just saying that they want you to be a christian. They just want to share something, Its neighborly caring. there is no need for the persecution of them, they just want to help convert as many people as possible. As I said above you don't have believe in what they are sending, just understand that they did it out of caring, There's nothing personal.                                                                                                                                                                P.S. Please don't get angry with me in the below comments. :/

Don't worry, although TigerMoth just blew a gasket and it has nothing to do with religion  ;)
    PeteM
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Pitfall69 said:

Don't worry, although TigerMoth just blew a gasket and it has nothing to do with religion  ;)
    Oh, no he didn't. You've missed something.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731

Pitfall69 said:
    farnold said:

Actually, Tiger (and everyone else) has been surprisingly mellow here...
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,355
    edited June 2016
    TigerMoth said:
    Pitfall69 said:

Pitfall69 said:
    farnold said:

I was being funny. Somewhere in the UK, a grammar book is being lit on fire.
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegolegomentalMattsWhatMattDawsonkiki180703Rainstorm26
  • legojoshuakerrlegojoshuakerr Wa USAMember Posts: 30
    what's the store called?
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Pitfall69 said:
    TigerMoth said:
    Pitfall69 said:

Pitfall69 said:
    farnold said:

I was being funny. Somewhere in the UK, a grammar book is being lit on fire.
    As long as it is not by some pathetic little man with a stupid mustache, I'm ok with that.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,721
    TigerMoth said:
    Pitfall69 said:

Is this the first instance of @TigerMoth referring to himself in the third-person?

Awesome!

Pitfall69Rainstorm26TheBigLegoski
    Actually, I'm always mellow. As I said, somebody's missed something. It's quite funny really.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    I am only here for the meme's, oh and the droopy hole gags.

Some droopy holes make me gag, but they're nothing to do with Lego...
    kiki180703bendybadger
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    farnold said:
    Please don't get angry everyone.
    I'm not angry but I do have a different perspective than you.
    farnold said:
    All their trying to do is convert you to there believe.
    Is that all? Carry on then! As an apparent Christian, how would you react to someone's attempts to convert you to e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, or Islam?
    farnold said:
    there just trying to help you, its spreading the love of God.
    My religion, or lack thereof, does not decree I be receptive to the teachings of other religions. Their religion decrees its followers spread its teachings. Are they trying to help me or trying to help themselves?
    farnold said:
    you don't have to agree with them, just understand they aren't saying that your going to go to Hell there just saying that they want you to be a christian.
    Hell or not, the message on the card can be summarized as "Believe or perish."
    farnold said:
    They just want to share something, Its neighborly caring.
    A threat is caring? It's fear-mongering in its most basic form.
    farnold said:
    there is no need for the persecution of them, they just want to help convert as many people as possible.
    Are they being persecuted or are they persecuting? Suggesting another will perish because of their beliefs seems very close to the definition of the term.
    farnold said:
    As I said above you don't have believe in what they are sending, just understand that they did it out of caring, There's nothing personal.
    While they may have done it out of caring, to someone not of their faith it comes across as "Do as I do, or you will perish and I will live forever." This makes it personal. If it were simply "Christianity is great! Considering joining us!" there would be no discussion.
    cheshirecatcatwranglerjadeireneTheBigLegoskiPeteM
    binaryeye said:

Is that all? Carry on then! As an apparent Christian, how would you react to someone's attempts to convert you to e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, or Islam?
    I suspect most followers of any religion would react in the same way - whether the card is for their own religion or another. They'd make use of their bin.

If you have your own religious beliefs, it is unlikely you'd be affected in the slightest by such a card. Religion tends to give followers a feeling that they are on the high ground.
    Hell or not, the message on the card can be summarized as "Believe or perish."
    Only by those who wish to add their own meaning. The card only makes a claim as to what will happen if you DO believe. Anything else is your own creation.

That's no different from, say, an advert for a body-building supplement. That'll tell you that you'll become a muscle-bound hunk if you use the product; it doesn't say that you'll turn in a skinny weakling if you don't.
    A threat is caring?
    The threat is yours.
    SprinkleOtterPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    As a kind of Christian myself, I would never mind someone telling me about their religion, or even asking if I would like to convert. As long as they didn't mind my reply anyway (which would be firm, but polite). Any implication of threat if I didn't change though would leave me somewhat annoyed.

I cannot comment on what someone without any beliefs would feel though. !¡#!!
    pharmjod
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,790
    I'm less bothered by the message on the card and more bothered by the links, since some of those sites it links to are kinda rabid conspiracy theory sites that dabble in Islamophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc.
    Ririnettecatwranglerbrumey
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 240
    Aanchir said:
    I'm less bothered by the message on the card and more bothered by the links, since some of those sites it links to are kinda rabid conspiracy theory sites that dabble in Islamophobia, homophobia, anti-semitism, etc.
    I didn't even notice that. infowars.com? really!? I wouldn't know whether to feel offended or trolled.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,721
    ^ Probably not accomplishing their goal if the impression their making is either offensive or offensive...
    Pitfall69MaffyD