Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

Ollydc5: Hello there olly here from the uk

Ollydc5Ollydc5 Member Posts: 67
edited December 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hey there just saying hello, currently have about 40 kits which I've been collecting for the past year or so trying to rebuild the collection i had when i was younger. At this moment I have a wife but I'm doing her head in that much with Lego eBay auctions I feel she will leave lol.

Apart from Lego I'm a gas safe heating professional and if I'm not at work or building awesome Lego I'm either on the play station or working on my Honda track car.

Good to meet you all, olly

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Nice to meet you Olly! I'm new around these parts myself, but finding this Board to be more than awesome as I'm coming out of the dark. I'm in the same situation with the girly, that's why she insists I spend more time on the board with like-minded individuals instead of pummeling her for hours on end about the discontinued sets I'm obsessing over.

My daily job (BD & Sales in Biotech) is quite stressful, I find Lego to be therapeutic and the obsessive nature of finding/buying to be effectively distracting. I hope you find new joy in the hobby as you jog down memory lane...

All the best from California!

Wynn
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited December 2011
    hi olly, welcome on board.
    the winter village sets seem quite effective at "turning" reticent partners :)
    enjoy brickset!
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Hey Olly! Glad to see another UK member on here! Read on another thread that you are in fact from Dudley. Well I live in sunny Kiddy! So I think that makes you the closest member to me?

My wife, even though a semi-AFOL is also close to the edge with my lego craziness!!

Enjoy!
  • Ollydc5Ollydc5 Member Posts: 67
    Good to meet you guys, I think buying the sets especially on eBay seems quite addictive. Am just opening a box right now with another 4kg in it, my friends think I'm mental and have lost control somehow ha ha.

That's a good tip surrey uk I think I might try that, I brought the bride and groom wedding favour from the store that I thought would be a nice Christmas give for her but it may be one of those gifts that sounds good in my head lol.

You only down the road from me dude what a small world, thanks for the kind Welcome guys hope you all have a merry Christmas and it brings you loads more Lego.

Olly
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Welcome Olly, will have to agree with Si the Christmas sets are a nice way to get the family involved. My wife is slowly coming around, to the point that she actually suggested I could get her the VW Camper van set for Xmas (another nice set to get the family involved).
  • Ollydc5Ollydc5 Member Posts: 67
    Cheers dude good advice, the thing with my mrs is she will just think I'm buying it for myself as she would never sit down and take the time to build it so it'll sit there for years and then I'll end up building it lol. There has been a long list of presents where this is he case, I think I'll get her a little something :-)