Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Need advice on selling retired sets

johnnstjohnnst USAMember Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in Buying & Selling Topics
We are moving from a larger place to a smaller place and made the painful decision to sell some, if not most of my Lego sets. I have a lot of retired sets in my collection, most of them the box in good condition, some minor fudging, some has a small puncture, and some the box a bit messed up but still sealed (all noted in the sale on the box condition).

I setup an Amazon seller thing here.

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B004P95ABG&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A1N2WMXC5L8KPA&tab=&vasStoreID=

Also trying to sell on set on Ebay to see how it goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252411994694?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I just sold the LEGO Star Wars Republic Gunship (75021) today, so yay! Kinda sad to part with them.

The listing above is not all of them, I have a lot more after I get through this batch and hopefully buyers don't scam me and said they never received (I'm going to take the cost hit and buy insurance for the more expensive set).

Let me know if there is a better way to unload them to a credible pool of buyers.

Comments

• kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,060
    You could sell your sets here on Brickset in the Marketplace section.
    SumoLegojohnnst
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 949
    edited June 2016
    Craigs list? Or Gumtree for UK peeps.
    johnnst
  • johnnstjohnnst USAMember Posts: 3
    Sorry, not shipping to UK, US only.

Just sold the Lego Ninjago Golden Dragon today. 

Waiting for my merchant reviews to get a bit better before I bring in the older sets like the Lego Black Pearl Ship.

Thanks for the advise, I'll post on marketplace soon.