Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

{FS} [CANADA ->WW] Sealed 10030 UCS Star Destroyer

bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
edited June 2016 in Marketplace
hey guys, 

Im selling my 10030 UCS Star Destroyer. The outer seals have been broken but all the inner boxes are sealed and instructions are pristine. I'm going to look into whether it is old gray or new gray but until I'm able to find a way, it is unknown. Instructions are spiral bound so it could be either, or.

Looking for $2,300 USD. Free insured shipping in Canada, $50USD to US and other countries please contact me.

As of right now, I'm not looking for any trades.

thanks is for taking a look!

Comments

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Here's some photos. Box has some shelf wear, being such a large box this old. Inner boxes and instructions are very nice though.

Just wanted to confirm that this is old gray. Was able to dump enough light into a crack of one of the inner boxes. Picture doesn't do much justice but there ya got it! ;P
    Just wanted to put out there that I am unfortunately not able to sell this to Asian countries due to insurance over $1000 not being available since this is technically not a "new" item, because it's over 10 years old and there is no receipt. Bit of weird situation, I'll check for Europe as well.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,024
    Did they make this in both colours then, depending on age? Interesting.
    @MaffyD Yes, because this set was available 2002~2005, the set was on shelves right when the transition between old gray and lbg was happening. This creates a very difficult situation, because you now have 2 completely different sets. Some collectors want the original and some want the new color variant.
    MaffyD
    edited June 2016

And the only way to find out is to (kind of) open it? As we don't get a manufacturing date?

Edit: manufacturing date of the bricks. That's quite surreal.

@MaffyD Well it could be possible to check the tape on the seals. There are barcodes on the tape that could be different between production runs, but I can't find anything on the Internet. This was the only way I could figure it out without having to open the inner boxes.
    MaffyD
    edited June 2016

Thanks for the info! Good luck on selling it! It looks like a great set! Too many !

bobabricks
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182
    I've also read that some of these sets actually have a mix of LBG and old grey. If true, that can be really confusing...
    bobabricksgmonkey76
    @Brew also true... Also very confusing. This one seems to be the least desirable of the three, fortunately this one here is all old gray.
    Dropping the price down to $2,200 US to beat BrickLink pricing and you get the same deal on shipping as well ;)

Bumped! Still available!
    Bump! It's a cool box to have on display, but I hope to move it to a new owner soon! ;)
    Due to the Brexit and slight drop in Canadian dollar, I'm dropping the price down to $2,150. I'm really just looking to get $2,800 CAD. :)
    Still available!
    Bump!
    Still available!
    Im bumping this again as I haven't been very active in trying to sell it, ha ha! Hopefully somebody will want it.
    The scariest part of Halloween this year is that I still have this StarDestroyer under my Lego table! Ooooooo! Surely with the Holidays right around the corner, somebody's gotta want it! ;)

Oh yeah, this is a bump by the way.
    Price has been dropped to $2400 CAD ~ ($1770 USD), in hopes of selling before the holidays. Thanks!
    Bringing this back from the dead a bit, holidays were a bit crazy and I wasn't even thinking about selling this. Still selling for $2400 CAD, whatever that is in other currencies, not sure how much the dollar has fluctuated since November.

Long story short, Bump!
    Dropping this to $2100CAD (1601 Usd) +shipping as I'm in need of the space.