Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Birmingham/Midlands UK

MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
Does anyone know of any LUGs/meets in the West Midlands/Birmingham area? I've not seen/heard mention of one anywhere.

Comments

• MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited May 2016
    Nope.  Only just down the road from you (Redditch way) and we don't seem to get a lot of love.  To be fair we can only blame ourselves, we used to have Lego shop and everything*.
    Sometimes I go and hang out in Resorts World and pretend it's a real Lego store.  I don't get out much though.

*I'm not really sure what everything means in this context - maybe some Lego store employees - legally these have to have been adults and they probably quite liked Lego, AWPQLLs if you like.
    MattDawsonbricktuary
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    edited May 2016
    Does anyone know of any LUGs/meets in the West Midlands/Birmingham area? I've not seen/heard mention of one anywhere.
    There's a "Fan of the Brick Event" in the Bishop Wilson School near the NEC this Saturday, 28 May, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Entry is £3 with the proceeds going to the Children's Hospital.

If nothing else, you might find a few other people interested in starting a LUG.
    MattsWhatkiki180703
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,795
    I am.5 mins from.there. Any more info on the event?
    Wish I knew more. I have so many Mocs could take/contribute.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    richo said:
    I am.5 mins from.there. Any more info on the event?
    No, but a quick Google gives this:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=529741853893407

If nothing else, there are contact details.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    ^ There is an actual Facebook events page for it here.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Now that I'm not half dead...

Should we start one? We could be called BGM (Brickset Group - Midlands).
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 308
    I'd be interested. I'm not a serious 'moc'er though . I just enjoy LEGO
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 710
    I'm still collecting much more than I build but I have asperations for creating wonderful things in the future! I do like to see other peoples creations. Looking forward to Bricks event returning to the NEC in October.
    legomental
    Going to drop in today. Hope it's ok. My expectations are very low!