Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Google Now integration

MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,430

On my phone, I have Google Now, which presents me with news stories and articles which I might be interested in. It has 'learnt' that I like browsing fbtb, and now alerts me every time there is a new article on that site.

However, I cannot for the life of me get it to recognize that I come to brickset.com EVERY DAY, so alerting me when there's a new article would be great (I hit F5 a lot during my visits).

Is there something that I've missed or is it something server-side that @Huw needs to look at?

TIA!

Comments

• CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    I use RSS feeds and a reader for Lego news, it notifies me of new blog posts from the Lego sites I follow. However, having Brickset show up in my Google now would be handy. I'm surprised how little Lego content show's up in my Google now considering I spend 50% of my time on the internet on Lego sites. 
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 238
    I use Feedly to read Brickset's RSS feed, and Google Now sometimes shows me stuff in Feedly. But since I read my feeds several times a day, it's almost always out of date by the time Now finds it.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    I have no idea how to get articles on Google now but I'll investigate.
    MaffyDkiki180703MattDawsonchuckp
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,430
    edited May 2016
    @huw - just let me know if I can help in any way. I'm on latest Android M with a Google Nexus 6P so should be a good baseline to test against!