Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Has anyone ever actually won a set from those surveys on the back of the instructions?

AidypieAidypie Member Posts: 15
edited May 2016 in Collecting
The surveys found on the back of the instruction booklets, the ones that usually say "Win!" followed by "Gewinne!" and "Gagne!". :) They claim that you will be entered into a raffle to potentially win sets. I've taken them a few times, but I have never won anything and I wanted to know if anyone ever has.

Comments

• hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 272
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    Nah, it just peaks my interest every few years when they change the picture.
    MattDawsonkiki180703Aidypie
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,741
    I have a freind that won something, but I don't remember what it was.
    Aidypie
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,724
    I like to do the surveys but I don't hold out much hope; mostly I just take it as a chance to tell TLG what I think. 
    Aidypiekiki180703
  • EvilTwinEvilTwin UKMember Posts: 101
    I filled in one of those surveys once, quite some time ago.

A couple of weeks later I got a minifigure keyring in the post, which I hadn't ordered, and wasn't a gift from anyone, just in a padded envelope with no indication where it came from or anything like that. I can only assume that was a reward for filling in the survey.
    andheMattDawsoncatwranglermadforLEGOkiki180703
  • Panda_HeroPanda_Hero The bottom of the Mariana TrenchMember Posts: 24
    I got a key ring too I think. It was an Atlantis guardian, but I lost it somewhere.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 305
    There is only one true winner

catwranglerbobabricksricecakeAllBrickMasterBeefykiki180703Yodalicious[Deleted User]Goldchains
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I was doing them on every set I purchased, but then when I never won anything, I gave up hope. Another reason why I don't play the lottery. Free stuff is great, but I get frustrated with not winning too easily. I'd rather just not win and not put in the effort so I know I won't win.
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423
    Who is that boy on the back? And why is he shouting?
    AllBrickkiki180703
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    ^
    Can't you see he is crying out in agony; he just stepped with his bare foot on a Lego brick, and on top of that, he did not win that cool Lego product either, like most people who franticly complete that survey everytime they buy another set. ;0
    catwranglerkiki180703TheMaker37
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Isn't his name, Zach?
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 657
    ^ He's a Lego maniac.
    CM4Spharmjodkiki180703
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    MaffyD said:
    Who is that boy on the back? And why is he shouting?
    They just showed him Assault on Hoth & the price
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,402
    My Missus hates that child's eternally screaming face. I think he's related to the monster in the music video 'come to daddy' by Aphex Twin.

Anyhoo, check out the avatar ;D .

Never filled one but might start, time to release the manuals.
    catwranglerMattDawsonTheBigLegoskikiki180703TheMaker37
  • ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    edited May 2016
    The boy is screaming because he's the only winner and the rest of us are all just screwed :P

Back on topic, I've never won a set from those surveys. I'm pretty sure if I took every Lego set I ever bought and did the survey for each and every one, I'd still have the same amount of Lego sets I started with. I don't sweat it, though.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited May 2016
    Anyone ever run a caption contest for the different pics shown throughout the years?  It could be a fun popularity contest for likes.

Perhaps on one of the flashback Thursdays.
    catwranglerkiki180703dutchlegofan50