Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Has anyone ever actually won a set from those surveys on the back of the instructions?

AidypieAidypie Member Posts: 15
edited May 2016 in Collecting
The surveys found on the back of the instruction booklets, the ones that usually say "Win!" followed by "Gewinne!" and "Gagne!". :) They claim that you will be entered into a raffle to potentially win sets. I've taken them a few times, but I have never won anything and I wanted to know if anyone ever has.

Comments

• hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 297
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    Nah, it just peaks my interest every few years when they change the picture.
    MattDawsonkiki180703Aidypie
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,844
    I have a freind that won something, but I don't remember what it was.
    Aidypie
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    I like to do the surveys but I don't hold out much hope; mostly I just take it as a chance to tell TLG what I think. 
    Aidypiekiki180703
  • EvilTwinEvilTwin UKMember Posts: 117
    I filled in one of those surveys once, quite some time ago.

A couple of weeks later I got a minifigure keyring in the post, which I hadn't ordered, and wasn't a gift from anyone, just in a padded envelope with no indication where it came from or anything like that. I can only assume that was a reward for filling in the survey.
    andheMattDawsoncatwranglermadforLEGOkiki180703
  • Panda_HeroPanda_Hero The bottom of the Mariana TrenchMember Posts: 24
    I got a key ring too I think. It was an Atlantis guardian, but I lost it somewhere.
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    There is only one true winner

catwranglerbobabricksricecakeAllBrickMasterBeefykiki180703Yodalicious[Deleted User]Goldchains
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I was doing them on every set I purchased, but then when I never won anything, I gave up hope. Another reason why I don't play the lottery. Free stuff is great, but I get frustrated with not winning too easily. I'd rather just not win and not put in the effort so I know I won't win.
    MattDawsonkiki180703
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,586
    Who is that boy on the back? And why is he shouting?
    AllBrickkiki180703
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,356
    ^
    Can't you see he is crying out in agony; he just stepped with his bare foot on a Lego brick, and on top of that, he did not win that cool Lego product either, like most people who franticly complete that survey everytime they buy another set. ;0
    catwranglerkiki180703TheMaker37
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Isn't his name, Zach?
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 685
    ^ He's a Lego maniac.
    CM4Spharmjodkiki180703
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    MaffyD said:
    Who is that boy on the back? And why is he shouting?
    They just showed him Assault on Hoth & the price
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,413
    My Missus hates that child's eternally screaming face. I think he's related to the monster in the music video 'come to daddy' by Aphex Twin.

Anyhoo, check out the avatar ;D .

Never filled one but might start, time to release the manuals.
    catwranglerMattDawsonTheBigLegoskikiki180703TheMaker37
  • ChrisJThunderChrisJThunder United StatesMember Posts: 115
    edited May 2016
    The boy is screaming because he's the only winner and the rest of us are all just screwed :P

Back on topic, I've never won a set from those surveys. I'm pretty sure if I took every Lego set I ever bought and did the survey for each and every one, I'd still have the same amount of Lego sets I started with. I don't sweat it, though.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    edited May 2016
    Anyone ever run a caption contest for the different pics shown throughout the years?  It could be a fun popularity contest for likes.

Perhaps on one of the flashback Thursdays.
    catwranglerkiki180703dutchlegofan50